R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default DO NOT BUY SIRIO EVO III

Bad experience, this motor is fast, pick up speed very good...etc..
But, the the crankshaft snapped into 2 pieces after 2 gallons....not acceptable in comparision with RB or Nova around the same price range.....

If you are looking at their XXX series, think twice....
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Tech Addict
 
KyoshokiddT.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: st james city
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Bad experience, this motor is fast, pick up speed very good...etc..
But, the the crankshaft snapped into 2 pieces after 2 gallons....not acceptable in comparision with RB or Nova around the same price range.....

If you are looking at their XXX series, think twice....
just because you had a problem with the engine doesn't meen you have to bad mouth the engine. i know many of people who have had verry good luck with the exact same engine including myself. It could be the user.
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D View Post
just because you had a problem with the engine doesn't meen you have to bad mouth the engine. i know many of people who have had verry good luck with the exact same engine including myself. It could be the user.
OH YEAH...
I am bad mouthing...so...
You do not like my post, move on dude...
Yeah, its me to break the crank in half....I hate money.....
Now what?!!
Of course, good luck to those who are still running it....
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Bad experience, this motor is fast, pick up speed very good...etc..
But, the the crankshaft snapped into 2 pieces after 2 gallons....not acceptable in comparision with RB or Nova around the same price range.....

If you are looking at their XXX series, think twice....
are you sure you have the evo3 the problem with the crank pin was on the evo2
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Unfortunately enough its a EVO III....
People are saying the werks is the little brother of EVO III
But, my old school RB V3 and Nova 12 has longer life than this Evo III..
I think the material that Sirio uses is not as good as RB or Nova...

I know the EVO III; people have carb problem too. My carb is fine, but the crank is not...anyway...just want to share my experience with the others..
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,162
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Unfortunately enough its a EVO III....
People are saying the werks is the little brother of EVO III
But, my old school RB V3 and Nova 12 has longer life than this Evo III..
I think the material that Sirio uses is not as good as RB or Nova...

I know the EVO III; people have carb problem too. My carb is fine, but the crank is not...anyway...just want to share my experience with the others..
Based on your signature if it's an off-road .12 there is a difference since you are posting on an on-road thread most sirio users have expereince woth the sti evo3 with an sg crank off-road has a threaded crank maybe you should post some complete pics
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

If i need to update my signature to prove ownership.

A: My signature will be super long
B: I need to update my signature almost monthly
C: People can make up stuff to show off their toys
D: I chose none of the above as I do not see how important a signature is...

Anyway, mine is V-One RRR Evo with Sirio EVO III....So, its is not offroad. Wheather you are reading my post and you are a very happy racer who uses Sirio, good!! Or, you are trying to research more about this engine.....and this is my experience
Thanks for pointing it out though...
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #8
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

ALL engines break sometimes. Cranks, rods, sleeves... They all break sometimes. Besides, I don't think they make the Evo 3 sedan engines anymore. (Had the 3 STI, the 4 STI and the XXX).
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 409
Default

xxx123,
If your not interested in hearing other peoples opinions that are different then yours then why did you bother to post in the first place? You are one person who had a problem and you declare the motor "not acceptable" I have also had the Evo III and it was great until I ran it too lean and sucked a plug. That would be my fault not the motors.
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who? View Post
xxx123,
If your not interested in hearing other peoples opinions that are different then yours then why did you bother to post in the first place? You are one person who had a problem and you declare the motor "not acceptable" I have also had the Evo III and it was great until I ran it too lean and sucked a plug. That would be my fault not the motors.
I think you have some reading problems-you do not understand...
I compare Sirio with RB and Nova...
And share with people about my bad experience..
You are happy about it--good.
You burned a plug as you tuned it too lean--yes its your fault...and this has nothing to Sirio's quality...
What are you trying to prove?
Am I trying to get input from people to determine if this is my fault? NO!!
I am helping people to know more about this engine....try to tell them RB and Nova are better according to my experience...
I know some die hard "Sirio" fans do not want to hear this...so if you do not want to, do not read.
I am sure for those people who are researching this engine, would like to read this..
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

just buy a JLR Red dot and call it a day...
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Nitro-Racer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 398
Default

ahhh mr admiristrator where are you??
__________________
Xray Nt1-Novarossi 3sct-KoPropo-GRP-Altis 2.3-RB Fuels
Xray 808 09-RB Killer 9-Hitec-KoPropo-RB Fuels
Nitro-Racer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,202
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
I think you have some reading problems-you do not understand...
I compare Sirio with RB and Nova...
And share with people about my bad experience..
You are happy about it--good.
You burned a plug as you tuned it too lean--yes its your fault...and this has nothing to Sirio's quality...
What are you trying to prove?
Am I trying to get input from people to determine if this is my fault? NO!!
I am helping people to know more about this engine....try to tell them RB and Nova are better according to my experience...
I know some die hard "Sirio" fans do not want to hear this...so if you do not want to, do not read.
I am sure for those people who are researching this engine, would like to read this..
ok you made your point , maybe you got a bad engine, call the company and send it back , no need to bad mouth them on this forum.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #14
Tech Regular
 
Nitro-Racer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 398
Default

thank you!
__________________
Xray Nt1-Novarossi 3sct-KoPropo-GRP-Altis 2.3-RB Fuels
Xray 808 09-RB Killer 9-Hitec-KoPropo-RB Fuels
Nitro-Racer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Bad experience, this motor is fast, pick up speed very good...etc..
But, the the crankshaft snapped into 2 pieces after 2 gallons....not acceptable in comparision with RB or Nova around the same price range.....

If you are looking at their XXX series, think twice....
I have seen many sirios break the crankshaft. Most of them it has been due to a flying car overreving then hitting pavement shock causes a stress too high.

Anyways, you pay what you get for. And yes, I know Sirios (EVOIII, EVO4, XXX) that have way more than 5 gallons and still havent broken a crankshaft.
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Longevity of an engine ? Armedforces0331 Nitro On-Road 14 06-22-2009 01:30 AM
What's the BEST truggy motor? camocowboy Nitro Off-Road 8 05-06-2009 12:52 PM
Sirio .21 Engines (Evo III and CL7B) and pipes (2057 and 2013) CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 11-25-2007 11:08 AM
Team Orion Wasp REV Nicolas Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 183 10-05-2006 09:04 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:25 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net