R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

I dunno whats worse the OP bad mouthing a engine because of his experience or someone actually making another name to bad mouth the OP.

mod... can you please close this thread?
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #17
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
I dunno whats worse the OP bad mouthing a engine because of his experience or someone actually making another name to bad mouth the OP.

mod... can you please close this thread?
I will not close the thread... yet. I removed the previous post and suspended the user.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Bad experience, this motor is fast, pick up speed very good...etc..
But, the the crankshaft snapped into 2 pieces after 2 gallons....not acceptable in comparision with RB or Nova around the same price range.....

If you are looking at their XXX series, think twice....
i have read the whole thread.... you seem to dish the criticism out , but not accept any in the process. your experience is yours, i accept that, but the title of this thread is... what does it say ? there are many factors to create your problem, did you contact the shop you purchased from ? what is the rest of the internals like ? 2 gallons is like 9lts of fuel. had the conrod been changed yet ? bearings been checked ? after run oil ? so many factors that can shorten an engines life.
after reading this thread , i went on to purchase the capricorn version of the engine, i doubt ill have such a problem, but i only want one meet out of it any way so if your not willing to post pics, tell more about the situaton when it happened, then you will keep getting criticism. that is your view, others have tried to help and you shut them down, so that shows your not willign to find out why, but to lead others away from a product YOU think is no good for you..............
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Oh..really,,this is call bad mouthing....
You guys do not care this because you have a healthy Evo III. Move on, do not read it....
But, I am sure someone wants to know more about this one....
Closed the thread, suspend user, fine with me....

Last edited by xxx123; 06-20-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: wrong
xxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

mis-posted

Last edited by xxx123; 06-20-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: mis-posted
Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

your not being suspended. the other guy who posted did. and it has been removed.

still you get your back up rather than helpign the situation. how about calm down a bit, and post something usefull in your defense of the motor being a bad one. there is no such evidence yet as to what has gone wrong, but a broken crank.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:47 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
your not being suspended. the other guy who posted did. and it has been removed.

still you get your back up rather than helpign the situation. how about calm down a bit, and post something usefull in your defense of the motor being a bad one. there is no such evidence yet as to what has gone wrong, but a broken crank.

Ok I am fine...thanks for words....
I am not complaining.....I just want to share my experience, I did post some both pros and cons for this guy.....

Engine is a engine, they get worn out of course and die or broke....

But, if we have any fellow racers trying to buy a EVO III, I bet you they will benefit from a real user experience...

Your opinion is more netural....ppl keep saying i am bad mouthing Sirio....b/c they are die hard Sirio fans....

For example, i can say Mugen is no good in a mugen thread....then ppl will say i am bad mouthing...

If i post Mugen is no good in Losi forums, will ppl call me bad mouthing, probably not...
Old 06-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive learned from my experience that almost 90% of early engine failure is due to improper break-in. To come out and say that the motor isnt good due to the crank breaking you should post how you broke it in, temps the motor was running, and type of gearing you ran. If you did break it in correctly and you over reved it that will break a rod.
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
Ive learned from my experience that almost 90% of early engine failure is due to improper break-in. To come out and say that the motor isnt good due to the crank breaking you should post how you broke it in, temps the motor was running, and type of gearing you ran. If you did break it in correctly and you over reved it that will break a rod.
The engine is gone...I am not trying to figure out what and when I did....could be me, could be a bad batch ..too many factors will cause the damage....I ran it in a relatively small technical track that full throttle or over heating is not too possible...all engines will break...
What happened was this: I tried to bump start, wont start; fuel does not get into the carb; exhaust is very minimal; plug is fine; open the back plate; there you go...... My 15+ gallons of nitro burning experience tells me, tosted, time for a new one....
When I am trying to research something, I would love to hear both pros and cons from ppl,..so that i do not need to pay for this lesson
Old 06-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Anyway.i do not want to create more post for this threads....fellow racers.....if you are researching about this motor, hope this may help...this wrap up my experience among Nova/RB/Sirio .you experience could be well difference than mine....happy racing..
Old 06-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
Anyway.i do not want to create more post for this threads....fellow racers.....if you are researching about this motor, hope this may help...this wrap up my experience among Nova/RB/Sirio .you experience could be well difference than mine....happy racing..
Nice cop out -

Maybe you should have chosen your words a little more carefully !

I've also seen RB's & Novarossi that have destroyed rear ceramic bearings and the pieces go through the engine - guess people shouldn't buy those either?

What about the people who snap rods in "JLR Picco 0.12's ...... don't get me started there ! LOL!

In my experience, snapped cranks in Sirio Evo 3 are generally due to free play in the rear bearings , what happens is the conrod tries to "flex" the crank pin and snappo.

p.s. Evo3 had a hardened ( black) crank - Evo 4 and XXX do not.
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I have seen many sirios break the crankshaft. Most of them it has been due to a flying car overreving then hitting pavement shock causes a stress too high.

Anyways, you pay what you get for. And yes, I know Sirios (EVOIII, EVO4, XXX) that have way more than 5 gallons and still havent broken a crankshaft.
I wouldnt argue with this guy he is obvously better and knows much more then everybody else. typical biginner has bad luck with a motor that has great recognition and blames the manufacture for thue users problem. He dont tell that the motor was reving at peak rpm or it was 300+ degrees no. its automatically the motors fault.

Tommy D
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:01 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

come on guys..calm down.
everybody has their own good and bad experiences...
thanx to those who are concerned and lets call it a day..
i believe that everyday someone will learned something..thats the nature of life..

cheers ..
kest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #29
Tech Fanatic

I've run a LOT of Sirio engines and find them to be exceptional in most cases. I think what most people are objecting to is the title of the post. It's not very reasonable to suggest that nobody should but a Sirio engine just because you had a problem with one part on one engine. It might be more well received in the future if you just state the nature of the problem in the title, like "broke the crank on my Sirio engine." At which point some of the members might tell you that it sucks, but it happens sometimes when you suck a pebble through the gears. It's probably the fastest TC engine you can buy, so, work it out with the crank and put it back in your car. I agree that your experience would have been better without the broken crank, but you're throwing the baby out with the bath water.
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I've run a LOT of Sirio engines and find them to be exceptional in most cases. I think what most people are objecting to is the title of the post. It's not very reasonable to suggest that nobody should but a Sirio engine just because you had a problem with one part on one engine. It might be more well received in the future if you just state the nature of the problem in the title, like "broke the crank on my Sirio engine." At which point some of the members might tell you that it sucks, but it happens sometimes when you suck a pebble through the gears. It's probably the fastest TC engine you can buy, so, work it out with the crank and put it back in your car. I agree that your experience would have been better without the broken crank, but you're throwing the baby out with the bath water.
You are absolutely correct my friend. People should post experiences and stop posting "Don't buy brand xxx or brand yyy because mine broke". If everyone who had a bad experience on a product post "don't buy" then there would be nothing else to buy because each mfg will have a few bad apples.

If enough people posts the same experience with a certain product, then its up to the reader to form their own judgement.