Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team Magic G4RS 2009 >

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Old 02-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

He looked at those wheelthings and thought it was the mugen cause the mtx-5 has those too.

I hope they are near done with the new car, probably not finished before my season starts, but who knows...
Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sonsa
He looked at those wheelthings and thought it was the mugen cause the mtx-5 has those too.

I hope they are near done with the new car, probably not finished before my season starts, but who knows...
I'd say due to cad images only at this stage and no pre production car at the toy fair i'd say mid year at the earliest or possibly 3rd quarter.

Who knows, TM's 1/8th scale made it to this stage a few years ago and never saw the light of day, this might follow the same path.

Adrian
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by abi
I'd say due to cad images only at this stage and no pre production car at the toy fair i'd say mid year at the earliest or possibly 3rd quarter.

Who knows, TM's 1/8th scale made it to this stage a few years ago and never saw the light of day, this might follow the same path.

Adrian
Oh yeah i forgot about the 1/8th scale car they made, you're right that car was never released, but hopefully it won't happen to the 1/10th scale car
Old 02-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Had a good day yesterday with my new shell and running the lola conversion kit.

As suggested i changed the springs to some softer bronze kyosho ones (they are a little rounder) and changed the back shocks to 250wt oil and 300 with the standard springs in the front.

The car was a real pleasure to drive and i feel as though i have a good setup to stick with and now i just have to concentrate on my driving.

No startling results yet, but the added downforce made for some fun undercutting the other cars and powering through the corners!

Anyone know what other springs will work with these cars?? Mate has a box of TM springs but i think they are for the G$ and a different size also.

Heres me new rig~

Old 02-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Didn't get a chance to have a run yesterday due to my TM 1100MAH Pack not taking a full charge and maxing out at 700MAH and not wanting to risk causing a disaster on the track when it finally carked it!

Managed to Score a replacement though (mind you this is very hard to do with a small AAA Pack and took a lot of looking around... i did get lucky though with it).

Now I just need a LIPO regulator now to get it up and going but I will have that sorted on Thursday evening with any luck!

Additionally I also have home High Def Pics of the G4RS 09 taken with the New Canon SLR Camera... will upload one or two tonight depending on how things go!

Cant wait to get it all up and running again!

Battery

G4RS 09

Last edited by flynia; 02-07-2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Default Some nice cars there!

Look good Nitoriousrc and flynia, well done.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I find it interesting that two CAD drawings from two different manufacturers can be so similar released two days apart...

If this drawing is the makings of the latest Team Magic G4 it will be the first time they have moved away from the whole low CG design philsophy of the previous cars with the lay down servos and the design of the fuel tanks. I don't believe it makes that much of a difference when the engines sit up above everything anyway.

Time will tell, 2011 is going to be a very interesting year!

Andy
Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Folks,

Managed to install my LRP 1700MAH Li-PO Pack tonight... had to trim off a bit of the end of the battery holder but have got it fitting nicely as you can see below.

For those interested the Pack is LRP RX-Pack AAA Hump 1700 7.4V at 53x30.5x20.5mm. Thanks to all the people earlier in this thread that mentioned LI-PO packs and the like you were a big help in choosing the pack for the car.

Apart from that I will get the regulator for it tomorrow to knock it down to 6V

Last edited by flynia; 02-10-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default G4RS 09

My G4RS09 - ready for the track..
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4RS 2009-p1020236.jpg   Team Magic G4RS 2009-p1020235.jpg   Team Magic G4RS 2009-p1020239.jpg   Team Magic G4RS 2009-p1020243.jpg  
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice Ride Italboy! Love the body shell on it and I can see that you have put a lot of effort getting it up to spec.

I am at the final step of getting mine back up and racing... I just have one question. Which LIPO Regulators are you guys with LI-PO's using and how have you mounted them on the Car

I have managed to get the pack fitted just need to fiddle with the mounting of it so it looks nice and neat. I do have a small amount of room under the actual radio plate but not much. I also have a bit of room in the Reciever Box but will need a pretty small regulator which might be an issue.

Lastly my NiMH TM 1100MAH Pack is only charging to 850MAH... does anybody have any ideas on how I can revive it or should it be replaced... I have discharged/charged it on cycles about a dozen times but this is not working!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by flynia
Nice Ride Italboy! Love the body shell on it and I can see that you have put a lot of effort getting it up to spec.

I am at the final step of getting mine back up and racing... I just have one question. Which LIPO Regulators are you guys with LI-PO's using and how have you mounted them on the Car

I have managed to get the pack fitted just need to fiddle with the mounting of it so it looks nice and neat. I do have a small amount of room under the actual radio plate but not much. I also have a bit of room in the Reciever Box but will need a pretty small regulator which might be an issue.

Lastly my NiMH TM 1100MAH Pack is only charging to 850MAH... does anybody have any ideas on how I can revive it or should it be replaced... I have discharged/charged it on cycles about a dozen times but this is not working!
I used the much more and the yeah racing regs and both proved reliable.

Mounting is a conundrum... I mounted mine on the transponder mount but ended up having the much more reg obliterated when I got tboned by another driver.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by getpip
I used the much more and the yeah racing regs and both proved reliable.

Mounting is a conundrum... I mounted mine on the transponder mount but ended up having the much more reg obliterated when I got tboned by another driver.
Thanks for the tip... I am looking at getting a Hitec HS-7775MG Low Profile Servo for the Throttle which will give me a little more room underneath... I am looking at removing the existing Reciever Extension Wire and using the regulators wire to cover the distance... this of course means the regulator will be snug in under the bottom of the radio tray... hopefully this idea will work

Regulator

Hitec Low Profile Servo
Old 02-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Regular

Good idea.
Consider also the Savox 1251.
If you are going to splash out on servos you could go for HVs and eliminate the need for a regulator altogether.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you flynia!

Hope you could solve the problem with the receiver battery/Lipo.
I still have the Nimh battery from TM...and I think it is not working properly too..
Old 02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by getpip
Good idea.
Consider also the Savox 1251.
If you are going to splash out on servos you could go for HVs and eliminate the need for a regulator altogether.
I considered that idea but after checking prices for them in Australia ($200 each for decent ones) it just seemed to expensive. I am lucky though as the KR-407S Receiver I have appears to be rated for 7.4V already which is some good news

Thanks for the tip though Getpip and I'll keep my eyes out for them at a cheaper and more wallet-friendly price I should hopefully have all this rigged by next weekend... maybe sooner depending on orders at that though my local hobby retailers.

Originally Posted by Italboy
Thank you flynia!

Hope you could solve the problem with the receiver battery/Lipo.
I still have the Nimh battery from TM...and I think it is not working properly too..
Thanks mate! Your welcome! Any chance of seeing that G4RS of yours under the hood? I love seeing them in all their glory! What are the symptoms with your pack... mine had issues charging and for the life of me would only get to 850 MAH which is ok... but at least 300 odd off what it should be... my local retailers ensure me that this is ok however but I am not sure why it isn't charging fully considering its only relatively new (about 6 months old).

Finally I managed to find a web retailer for my Li-PO Pack that I acquired recently. For those interested in Li-PO'ing your G4RS in Australia you can get them from www.frontlinehobbies.com.au for around $60 shipped (Express Post). The model is the LRP 79911 - LiPo RX PACK AAA HUMP 1700 RX 7.4v at 53x30.5x20.5mm Hope this helps those keen on a larger pack... just don't forget the 6V Regulator for it as well.

Last edited by flynia; 02-11-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.