Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Lars. the TM Clutch bells and spur sizes have a 4mm diameter split unlike a mugen that is a 5mm. I doubt you can mesh the TM clutch to other cars. Not sure about the RS09
Clutch bells and pinions are different, and there are many variations from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need to use TM clutch bells in TM cars. We have used TM, Kyosho and Mugen clutches in our RRR; with Kyosho clutch bells (3D and 2D), and we have used a Kyosho clutch in a TM G4RS (TM clutch bell).

Clutch bells work when the O.D. of the clutch bell is similar to the O.D. of the clutch shoe. The UFO clutch seems to work the way that the boy wants it to, and has been the favourite clutch in the RRR.

I doubt that we'll play around with different clutches again, we have a new Capricorn; and the Capricorn has the best clutch that we've ever experienced (or the way that the boy wants it), so we'll now stick to Capricorn clutches.

You may wonder why we use so many clutches; and the reason is that we have a few engines that we often change. We use an O.S 12TG in one class, and O.S. 12TZs on the tight track at at Wynnum, and have used Novas at Brendale. Often we use an old engine in pre-race practice, and then change to better one before race time.

It's the wrong forum I know, but it interesting to note that Mugen clutches are bullet proof in RRR's with the bigger inside bearing that Kyosho bells use.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Clutch bells and pinions are different, and there are many variations from manufacturer to manufacturer. You need to use TM clutch bells in TM cars. We have used TM, Kyosho and Mugen clutches in our RRR; with Kyosho clutch bells (3D and 2D), and we have used a Kyosho clutch in a TM G4RS (TM clutch bell).

Clutch bells work when the O.D. of the clutch bell is similar to the O.D. of the clutch shoe. The UFO clutch seems to work the way that the boy wants it to, and has been the favourite clutch in the RRR.

I doubt that we'll play around with different clutches again, we have a new Capricorn; and the Capricorn has the best clutch that we've ever experienced (or the way that the boy wants it), so we'll now stick to Capricorn clutches.

You may wonder why we use so many clutches; and the reason is that we have a few engines that we often change. We use an O.S 12TG in one class, and O.S. 12TZs on the tight track at at Wynnum, and have used Novas at Brendale. Often we use an old engine in pre-race practice, and then change to better one before race time.

It's the wrong forum I know, but it interesting to note that Mugen clutches are bullet proof in RRR's with the bigger inside bearing that Kyosho bells use.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars, what is the diameter split of a Kyosho and Capricorn clutch bell?

ie the difference in diameter of the pinions?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Kyosho 3D and Capricorn Lab C01 clutchbells both are 26 mm O.D., and I see no reason why you for example couldn't use a Capricorn clutch in a RRR with a Kyosho 3D clutchbell. Kyosho 2D and earlier model clutches have bigger bells however. The pinions of a Capricorn are 14,15T and 19,20T, and Kyosho use different gear ratios with 15,16,17T and 20,21,22,23T pinions that are also bigger in diameter, but are close to similar in width. Capricorn 1st gear pinions have 1mm smaller dia. and 2nd. 1.8 mm smaller dia.. I tried once to use a complete UFO clutch with TM bell in the RRR; but it didn't work for some reason that I cannot remember (maybe the pinions were different or the bell was longer), but like I said, it worked very well with a Kyosho clutch bell.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default setup sheet

Hiya..

Newbie to the car, hence went to TM site to look for other people setup sheets, only one i could found was the default setup. Maybe i am at the wrong site !! Please someone paste me the link.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xtreme888
Hiya..

Newbie to the car, hence went to TM site to look for other people setup sheets, only one i could found was the default setup. Maybe i am at the wrong site !! Please someone paste me the link.

Thanks
Look back a few pages, Impalabob has a lot of setups posted, likely to be better than those on TM site as well.

Enjoy.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Setups

Thanks[/QUOTE]
What type of track do you run on maybe we can help you just lets us know thanks.

Bobby

Last edited by impalabob64; 12-19-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Here something on E-bay that may interest you Harry: http://cgi.ebay.com/Capricorn-1-10-G...6#ht_531wt_905

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by impalabob64

Thanks
What type of track do you run on maybe we can help you just lets know thanks.

Bobby[/QUOTE]

Hiya....

The track is techical but with a medium straight of about 4 secs
Going to try setup as in manual but with 1000 cst (45ish Wt) xceed shock oil in Kfactory shocks with white springs all round.

Normally run 1/8th onroad...hence wondering would the TM car be quicker with :

front one way and rear diff
solid front and rear diff
front one way and solid axle ?

.....not able to try car out as whole of uk is covered in white stuff...lol!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Setup

Originally Posted by xtreme888
What type of track do you run on maybe we can help you just lets know thanks.

Bobby
Hiya....

The track is techical but with a medium straight of about 4 secs
Going to try setup as in manual but with 1000 cst (45ish Wt) xceed shock oil in Kfactory shocks with white springs all round.

Normally run 1/8th onroad...hence wondering would the TM car be quicker with :

front one way and rear diff
solid front and rear diff
front one way and solid axle ?

.....not able to try car out as whole of uk is covered in white stuff...lol!!![/QUOTE]
I would try a solid axle setup for a tech track ,you would want to accel from corner to corner, i which i think the solid up front would help,try the Protoform P37 body .
Old 12-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Here something on E-bay that may interest you Harry: http://cgi.ebay.com/Capricorn-1-10-G...6#ht_531wt_905

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Only lately have I had problems with RED clutch shoes, nothing wrong with the UFO2's I use. And where would one get the pinions as the new bells use fixed 2nd gear
Old 12-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just thought id share some pictures of my new ride~
I wanted to use the team magic colours for the new rig, and this is what i came up with ...I was nearly going to paint a wizard on the roof, but maybe next time~

Old 12-21-2010, 06:50 PM
abi
Tech Adept

Default Spring rates.

Hi guys,

What spring rate did we work out the stock whites were? I,m thinking they are about 28 to 31LB/in. I did the test a year ago but I've forgotten the results!

What would be a good starting point for a bumpy track? 25LB?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Gilletti
Dario has a contract with Team Magic for all 2011 season.
He will race for sure with TM in the next season.

Greetings from Italy!
Ciao
I think not

Old 12-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default Only Jokin Luis!

Originally Posted by jelayne
I think not

Nah, that's not Dario I think its SP Racer having lost a few kilos and had some eyebrow work...

Only jokin!

TM better hurry up with an LE release, everyone's jumping ship!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Initiate

also the best "love story" sometimes ends...
like Valentino Rossi and Yamaha, like Michael Schumacher and Ferrari, also Dario and Team Magic...
Dario had a contract for 2011 with TM, but, was a common choice switch to KM for 2011/2012.
now I'm in Taiwan and I'm working with TM R&D Crew to design and test the new Team Magic's weapon for 2011 season....
we hope to show the proto car at the Nuremberg Toy fair!
Stay Tuned!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.