Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Guys,

What kind shims am I supposed to use for altering roll center? Is there a special kind that goes below the upper arm mounts (front) or the lower arm mounts (rear) ?
your kit should have come with the required shims they are made of plastic
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aizenbelle
your kit should have come with the required shims they are made of plastic
Are these not for the rear only though?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, I think I found the shims for the rear but I'm still lost on what to use for the fronts.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getpip
This is an interesting observation.

I am usually a front diff driver (mtx4) but I ran my RS09 for the first time on Sunday.
I was amazed at how predictable the tranistions were with the solid .. much better than I had expected. Although I was overshooting my off power apexs a little at first there was still more off power steering than I expected.

I have the front diff on order but am wondering now if it will be an improvement.

I have to say though ... what is that clutch all about!? I ended up ditching those pivoting shoes in favour of free floaters and the difference is night and day.

I am really looking forward to having a play around over the coming weeks.

Re. clutch shoes - did exactly the same here, heaps better
Old 08-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Smile Clutches.

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
Re. clutch shoes - did exactly the same here, heaps better
I expected as much from those pivotting throwouts. Doesnt make sense to act against the radial force and pivot. I still think they need a good running in to loosen up the pivot hole a little.

Tell me guys, is the pinion offset on clutch bell still same (approx 4mm) and can we share clutch bells?

Back to using a UFO2 now SP?

SP, at some time your knowledge on clutches would be a good read matey.. Apart from droop blocks Im also thinking over heavy throwouts, heavy spring, hard clutch shoes and soft clutch shoes and how they behave and react.

h
Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
I expected as much from those pivotting throwouts. Doesnt make sense to act against the radial force and pivot. I still think they need a good running in to loosen up the pivot hole a little.

Tell me guys, is the pinion offset on clutch bell still same (approx 4mm) and can we share clutch bells?

Back to using a UFO2 now SP?

SP, at some time your knowledge on clutches would be a good read matey.. Apart from droop blocks Im also thinking over heavy throwouts, heavy spring, hard clutch shoes and soft clutch shoes and how they behave and react.

h

will post something tonight 4 you Harry
Old 08-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by getpip
This is an interesting observation.

I am usually a front diff driver (mtx4) but I ran my RS09 for the first time on Sunday.
I was amazed at how predictable the tranistions were with the solid .. much better than I had expected. Although I was overshooting my off power apexs a little at first there was still more off power steering than I expected.

I have the front diff on order but am wondering now if it will be an improvement.

I have to say though ... what is that clutch all about!? I ended up ditching those pivoting shoes in favour of free floaters and the difference is night and day.

I am really looking forward to having a play around over the coming weeks.

can we see some pics of the free floaters
Old 08-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Team Magic G4RS 2009-im006016.jpgBobby Watson takes 3rd Place at Allstar Race,Tampa,Fl SS Raceway
Old 08-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
Attachment 492447Bobby Watson takes 3rd Place at Allstar Race,Tampa,Fl SS Raceway
Excellent Job guys!!!

Best regards
www.machinaria.com
Old 08-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
We add a money race over the weekend,car was really good ran a front diff, although i felt i would be faster with a lock,just want to get use to running a diff.I ran a Picco Evo3 engine very fast motor insane bottom end power was able to run with Max,Sirio,Rbs without a lack in speed.Also tried out 1/8 evolva shocks.They have the short shock bodies for the front an long bodies for the rear. The car worked perfect you can use the kit springs from the G4RS or you can use springs from the RRR Evo or EVo2 not the Evolva they are to stiff.Will post setup soon.
Why did you choose to use the Evolva shocks over the RRR Evo? And are you then running the Team Magic springs and ball ends?

I ran the Kyosho Evo WCE shock shafts and pistons on my G4+ Evo as recommended by Luis.

BB
Old 08-26-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

u mean we could use kyosho shocks and springs ????
Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatboy
u mean we could use kyosho shocks and springs ????
Can't comment on 09 RS as i don't have one... From memory i am sure i have seen photos of Dario's 09 with Kyosho shocks and springs, i could be wrong though

BB
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey BB

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Why did you choose to use the Evolva shocks over the RRR Evo? And are you then running the Team Magic springs and ball ends?

I ran the Kyosho Evo WCE shock shafts and pistons on my G4+ Evo as recommended by Luis.

BB
I had a brand new set of Evolva shocks,also yes i used the ballends & springs,the Evo & Evo2 are using the Evolva front shocks all around.When i ran for Serpent thats the concept the Team was running on the 720.It work so i figured i would give it a try an was very impressed with the handling.Also you are able to run different springs( short front,long rear).Also as i always post this is(A Drivers Prefence) just testing to set the car to my driving style .Oh agian if your the only G4RS 09 at a big race this will help you when your in a jam, if blow or break a shock you know what works.Hope this helps you guys.I see some people trying to raise rollcenters leave car box setup.(Tires ,Shock &Shock oils,Springs,Droop,& Body) thats what i focus on the most.Learn the car before you do any major changes to the car, trust me im still learning the car too.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys,

Can someone help me out with my question? What kind of shims do I need to use under the front upper arm mounts to alter roll center? Also, although I think I have the shims for the rear lower arm mounts I just can't see how they're supposed to go on .
Old 08-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Guys,

Can someone help me out with my question? What kind of shims do I need to use under the front upper arm mounts to alter roll center? Also, although I think I have the shims for the rear lower arm mounts I just can't see how they're supposed to go on .
Here is an image that may help you. you must remove the screws in order to install the washers.

Best regards
www.machinaria.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.