R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #1366
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
Chevy,Stratus,Rs4 those would be the bodies i would suggest.
sounds good ill try one of them out
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 PM   #1367
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

A new owner of a team magic g4s hope the hype is true. I'm currently running a ntc3 team kit with 18tz and for full out bashing rs4 evo+.
Kingin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #1368
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingin View Post
A new owner of a team magic g4s hope the hype is true. I'm currently running a ntc3 team kit with 18tz and for full out bashing rs4 evo+.
i use to have a g4s it was a great car but is nothing like the g4rs 09

so if you end up liking the g4s you will love the g4rs 09
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #1369
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

ok there is one thing i dont under stand why team magic would do this and that is put bushings in the steering arm, t/b linkage and the brake cam shaft
i have ordered bearings to replace the bushings

the brake cam shaft now has a grove in the shaft where the top bushing is and is now very loss so now i have to order a new shaft

in the pic you can see where it is making a grove

td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #1370
Tech Apprentice
 
flynia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra
Posts: 57
Default

Time for a silly question!

Does anybody know where I could fine a LIPO / LIFE Pack to Fit the G4RS 09.

Please also consider that I want something that fits nicely and is built for the job... I dont want to hack away my baby's chasis or upper deck at all trying to fit it in.

Thanks Ian
__________________
Team Magic G4RS 2009 / K Factory K1007-3 Body Shell
RB T10-RC Engine and EFRA 2659 Pipe Set
Hitec Servos - HS-7775MG (Throttle) and HS-7965MG (Steering)
LRP LiPo RX PACK AAA HUMP 1700 RX 7.4v with MuchMore MRG-5A Regulator
KO PROPO EX-10 EURUS Transmitter with KR-407S Receiver
flynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #1371
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynia View Post
Time for a silly question!

Does anybody know where I could fine a LIPO / LIFE Pack to Fit the G4RS 09.

Please also consider that I want something that fits nicely and is built for the job... I dont want to hack away my baby's chasis or upper deck at all trying to fit it in.

Thanks Ian
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...20&p_catid=140

just got one for mine

here are pics of one of the guys that did it

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by td-civ; 10-17-2010 at 07:53 PM.
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:36 PM   #1372
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

just did some testing on my g4 rs09 with a li-fe pack because i did want to use a ubec on the car less stuff to go wrong and it fit way better and much cleaner
i used 2 a123 aa cells and made my own pack each cell is 1600mAh so it runs for a long time and the servo's work way better at 6.6 volts

i can make more packs if any of you guys want run one

the pack is not done but will be all wrapped




here a pic with a full size servo mounted


if you would like to know more about the pack pm me

Last edited by td-civ; 02-16-2011 at 04:04 PM.
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #1373
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
just did some testing on my g4 rs09 with a li-fe pack because i did want to use a ubec on the car less stuff to go wrong and it fit way better and much cleaner
i used 2 a123 aa cells and made my own pack each cell is 1600mAh so it runs for a long time and the servo's work way better at 6.6 volts

i can make more packs if any of you guys want run one

the pack is not done but will be all wrapped



if you would like to know more about the pack pm me
Sweeeeeeeeet...

TD can I recommend you add a little heat shrink around each cell to space them apart.

Thanks for the heads up!

h

Edit: TD those bearings on the steering bell are the most common failure as they are very small and need a LOT of maintenance. They are infact the only bearings that have failed on mt TM's. As for replacing with bushes.. poor form from TM I'd say!
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #1374
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Sweeeeeeeeet...

TD can I recommend you add a little heat shrink around each cell to space them apart.

Thanks for the heads up!

h
already done the pack was not done when i took the pic
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #1375
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Sweeeeeeeeet...
Edit: TD those bearings on the steering bell are the most common failure as they are very small and need a LOT of maintenance. They are infact the only bearings that have failed on mt TM's. As for replacing with bushes.. poor form from TM I'd say!
the bushing are stock that come with the kit and never had bearings i changed them to bearings and it works way better now

i got 30 4x7 bearings for only $15 shipped so if they blow ill just put new ones in lol
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #1376
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
the bushing are stock that come with the kit and never had bearings i changed them to bearings and it works way better now

i got 30 4x7 bearings for only $15 shipped so if they blow ill just put new ones in lol
Yeah, get some spares too, they will perish, they are disproportionate .. ie big hole and thin so they fail. Keeping them clean and lubed helps.

OOOh You bought 30 of them...?? where from?
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #1377
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Yeah, get some spares too, they will perish, they are disproportionate .. ie big hole and thin so they fail. Keeping them clean and lubed helps.

OOOh You bought 30 of them...?? where from?
ebay
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #1378
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Homestead Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
Here is my setup from our 2nd race of our 8 race series here in the Sunshine State an here we go.

(Fort Myers setup)

Track Conditions

Surface-(Smooth)
Size-(Med)
Traction-(High)
Tire Wear (Low)
Front Sus

Track Width: 198mm
Anti-Roll Bar: 0 (using the front bar from K-factory)
Diff.: 300,000 X-ray
Toe Angle:1.5
Front Camber: L-2 R-2
Front Ride Height:5.5mm
Droop:3mm
Caster:3mm
Offset:0

Tire:
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L37 R35

Shocks
Oil:600 wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm (Kyosho Evolva front shocks)
Spring:X-Ray Pinks

Ackermann:B

Rear Sus

Track Width:199mm
Anti-Roll Bar:0 (used the new rear bar from Kfactory)
Diff:80,000
Toe Angle:-2.5
Rear Camber:L-4.5 R-4.0
RideHeight:6mm
Droop:4mm

Tire
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L45-R42

Shocks
Oil: 600wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm(Kyosho Evolva rear shocks)
Spring:X-ray Pinks
Body:Stratus 3.1
Note: this is the setup a ran in the A-final car was dialed
Gearing:
16/63
22/56
Engine:
Murnan RbM3/Pipe Novaroosi 2601/with short header
Fuel:J-tech 16%
Plug:#7 Novaroosi
The only change i made was i used serpent red springs up front,car was perfect just had motor issues which put me 12th in the C after few laps up in to 3rd pitman forgot about my fuel mileage which i lost the bump up position after i was restarted battle my way back to 4th at the end taken the 4th place at the end or the main.Car was superfast almost forgot the gearing in ran for event 17/62 23/57.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4

Last edited by impalabob64; 10-27-2010 at 10:56 AM.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #1379
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
The only change i made was i used serpent red springs up front,car was perfect just had motor issues which put me 12th in the C after few laps up in to 3rd pitman forgot about my fuel mileage which i lost the bump up position after i was restarted battle my way back to 4th at the end taken the 4th place at the end or the main.Car was superfast almost forgot the gearing in ran for event 17/62 23/57.
just want to know why run kyosho evolva shock's please let me know
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:56 PM   #1380
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,164
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
just want to know why run kyosho evolva shock's please let me know
We tested this a couple of seasons back while running the evolva shocks the shock case is longer holding more shock fluid giving it a better damping the improvement was mostly on weight transfer it helped a lot making the car more stable in the rear giving it better on power cornering
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
Team Magic G4 + EVO afm Nitro On-Road 421 08-05-2011 01:31 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Just Hobby 1/10 Onroad GP Sedan Challenge Race 2( 08 March 2009 ) justhobby Singapore R/C Racers 28 04-08-2009 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net