R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #1351
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Setup

Here is my setup from our 2nd race of our 8 race series here in the Sunshine State an here we go.

(Fort Myers setup)

Track Conditions

Surface-(Smooth)
Size-(Med)
Traction-(High)
Tire Wear (Low)
Front Sus

Track Width: 198mm
Anti-Roll Bar: 0 (using the front bar from K-factory)
Diff.: 300,000 X-ray
Toe Angle:1.5
Front Camber: L-2 R-2
Front Ride Height:5.5mm
Droop:3mm
Caster:3mm
Offset:0

Tire:
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L37 R35

Shocks
Oil:600 wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm (Kyosho Evolva front shocks)
Spring:X-Ray Pinks

Ackermann:B

Rear Sus

Track Width:199mm
Anti-Roll Bar:0 (used the new rear bar from Kfactory)
Diff:80,000
Toe Angle:-2.5
Rear Camber:L-4.5 R-4.0
RideHeight:6mm
Droop:4mm

Tire
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L45-R42

Shocks
Oil: 600wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm(Kyosho Evolva rear shocks)
Spring:X-ray Pinks
Body:Stratus 3.1
Note: this is the setup a ran in the A-final car was dialed
Gearing:
16/63
22/56
Engine:
Murnan RbM3/Pipe Novaroosi 2601/with short header
Fuel:J-tech 16%
Plug:#7 Novaroosi
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4

Last edited by impalabob64; 10-12-2010 at 01:05 PM.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #1352
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default Interesting setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
Here is my setup from our 2nd race of our 8 race series here in the Sunshine State an here we go.

(Fort Myers setup)

Track Conditions

Surface-(Smooth)
Size-(Med)
Traction-(High)
Tire Wear (Low)
Front Sus

Track Width: 198mm
Anti-Roll Bar: 0 (using the front bar from K-factory)
Diff.: 300,000 X-ray
Toe Angle:1.5
Front Camber: L-2 R-2
Front Ride Height:5.5mm
Droop:3mm
Caster:3mm
Offset:0

Tire:
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L37 R35

Shocks
Oil:600 wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm (Kyosho Evolva front shocks)
Spring:X-Ray Pinks

Ackermann:B

Rear Sus

Track Width:199mm
Anti-Roll Bar:0 (used the new rear bar from Kfactory)
Diff:80,000
Toe Angle:-2.5
Rear Camber:L-4.5 R-4.0
RideHeight:6mm
Droop:4mm

Tire
Manufacture:Capricorn
Shore:L45-R42

Shocks
Oil: 600wt
Piston:2hole 1.1mm(Kyosho Evolva rear shocks)
Spring:X-ray Pinks
Body:Stratus 3.1
Note: this is the setup a ran in the A-final car was dialed
Assymetric tyre setup, with huge shore split and why the KY/XRAY suspension Bob? 2 x 1.1mm with 600wt is heavy, not sure what a pink xray spring is like.

A-main.. sweet!


h
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #1353
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

H , at the Nats , in one heat we ran 42 L/R , 40 R/R , 37 L/F , 35 R/F in order to try and keep the car wearing tyres even. , lots of fast right hand corners.

The other option is to use same shore but different size , but this can make the car weird to drive.
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:37 AM   #1354
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default Heya L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
H , at the Nats , in one heat we ran 42 L/R , 40 R/R , 37 L/F , 35 R/F in order to try and keep the car wearing tyres even. , lots of fast right hand corners.

The other option is to use same shore but different size , but this can make the car weird to drive.
So as you drop the shore to compensate for the tyre wear, does chassis configuration change a lot or a little based on the tyre differences. Trying to get my head around whether tyre shore affects the chassis radically. Also notices same springs front rear, Ive been testing this and seem to get better results. Perhaps its more consistent and easier
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #1355
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Hey Blis

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Assymetric tyre setup, with huge shore split and why the KY/XRAY suspension Bob? 2 x 1.1mm with 600wt is heavy, not sure what a pink xray spring is like.

A-main.. sweet!


h
I had the shocks an just figured would give them a try, an really was happy with overall performance ,an no leaking also with the heavy oil setup i can run small tires an wont really have to worry about the chassie bottoming out, learned that from a world class pro driver ,i had asked him the same ? an been doing it ever since.Also the kyosho shocks i can use x-ray,mugen,serpent or kyosho springs in which all have different spring rate so have more options you know.(As always a drivers preference)this stuff i have been testing for awhile.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #1356
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Assymetric tyre setup, with huge shore split and why the KY/XRAY suspension Bob? 2 x 1.1mm with 600wt is heavy, not sure what a pink xray spring is like.

A-main.. sweet!


h
I seem to remember that some of the top drivers at the Brendale 1/10 scale worlds ran different shore tires left to right. The setup in the file insert for an G4RS 09 has same fronts and different rears. G4RS2009 setup by GTRMX.pdf We probably should have tried it at Littlehampton this year. The wear on the left seemed exceptional there.

I've been trying to find XRay pink springs to see what they are without success, what are they? http://www.rcwelt.com/Diverses/Unive...20Tabelle1.doc

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media – The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:29 PM   #1357
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
So as you drop the shore to compensate for the tyre wear, does chassis configuration change a lot or a little based on the tyre differences. Trying to get my head around whether tyre shore affects the chassis radically. Also notices same springs front rear, Ive been testing this and seem to get better results. Perhaps its more consistent and easier
Harry ,

You'll generally find that once the track cleans up and you have a nice black line , the tyre shore "choice" really does not have quite as massive an effect on grip.

i.e. the harder tyre will grip almost as well as the softer tyre. BUT the wear rate does change, so in the interests of keeping the same size tyres (or as close as possible ) for the duration of a long final , you can use different shores, which will have different wear rates.

Lars

If you want to try GTRMX's setup , I have 2 beautiful G4RS 09's sitting in my garage that you can have for a great price
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #1358
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
I seem to remember that some of the top drivers at the Brendale 1/10 scale worlds ran different shore tires left to right. The setup in the file insert for an G4RS 09 has same fronts and different rears. Attachment 653607 We probably should have tried it at Littlehampton this year. The wear on the left seemed exceptional there.

I've been trying to find XRay pink springs to see what they are without success, what are they? http://www.rcwelt.com/Diverses/Unive...20Tabelle1.doc

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Try Rcamerica they should have what you need.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #1359
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
I had the shocks an just figured would give them a try, an really was happy with overall performance ,an no leaking also with the heavy oil setup i can run small tires an wont really have to worry about the chassie bottoming out, learned that from a world class pro driver ,i had asked him the same ? an been doing it ever since.Also the kyosho shocks i can use x-ray,mugen,serpent or kyosho springs in which all have different spring rate so have more options you know.(As always a drivers preference)this stuff i have been testing for awhile.
Interesting as others have done the same. As I'd invested so much into 502x chassis, I bought the last of the G4EVO for parts to keep the G4+ going for another season. The main benefit were the EVO shocks compared to the G4+ shocks and the car felt better than ever with turquoise all round. We were short on power but I assume the shocks had a LOT to do with the car's stability and guy made the semi's by a nose.

Another similarity were the capricorn tyres, I rate them highly though everyone using them had to file the rears narrower on the lathe as they were 31mm wide.

Keep up the good work Bob, A-mains suit you!!
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #1360
Tech Adept
 
Kraceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 168
Default 2010 Kraceway U.S. Open Championship

Bobby get that G4 ready & you can also ask Bobby for his set up as well
November will be the place to race especially with perfect weather
Paypal payment option available www.kissrcraceway.com
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4RS 2009-k_raceway-f1.jpg  
Kraceway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #1361
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp Racer View Post
Harry ,

You'll generally find that once the track cleans up and you have a nice black line , the tyre shore "choice" really does not have quite as massive an effect on grip.

i.e. the harder tyre will grip almost as well as the softer tyre. BUT the wear rate does change, so in the interests of keeping the same size tyres (or as close as possible ) for the duration of a long final , you can use different shores, which will have different wear rates.

Lars

If you want to try GTRMX's setup , I have 2 beautiful G4RS 09's sitting in my garage that you can have for a great price
No thanks Luis, we're happy with the RRR for now. But you're right; it seems to suffer from excessive wear, and we will just have to get used to replacing sloppy parts constantly.

Many thanks for your help at the Nats, we learnt a lot from it. I'm sure that we'll have a much better and more reliable car from now.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media – The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #1362
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

well i got my g4rs 09 now thanks to randy im very happy with this car and cant wait to get it running

i just want some input on servos to run i was thinking about running 2
Savox SC-1251MG low profile i want to keep this car light and i dont want to run my old jr z8800s

and for bodys i was going to run protoform p37-n body has anyone run this body
td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #1363
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default G4rs 09

Points are in TM G4Rs 09 sitting 8th overall
1X-Ray
2X-Ray
3X-Ray
4V1RRR
5Serpent
6X-Ray
7X-Ray
8TM G4Rs 09
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #1364
Tech Master
 
td-civ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: London Ont Canada
Posts: 1,326
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

well here is my new money pit still need to buy some more parts for it and pick a body to go with it i did a full rebuild on it and the way its build is nice

td-civ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #1365
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by td-civ View Post
well i got my g4rs 09 now thanks to randy im very happy with this car and cant wait to get it running

i just want some input on servos to run i was thinking about running 2
Savox SC-1251MG low profile i want to keep this car light and i dont want to run my old jr z8800s

and for bodys i was going to run protoform p37-n body has anyone run this body

Chevy,Stratus,Rs4 those would be the bodies i would suggest.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
Team Magic G4 + EVO afm Nitro On-Road 421 08-05-2011 01:31 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Just Hobby 1/10 Onroad GP Sedan Challenge Race 2( 08 March 2009 ) justhobby Singapore R/C Racers 28 04-08-2009 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net