Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default I second that

Originally Posted by roach
my 2 cents the g4js is more like a rtr...i have one and use it for nitro VTA racing. the best bang for your buck is g4rs09. all the cars out there are good cars x-ray ect...its all about can you set up a car! and car you drive it!

practice practice practice and more practice.
The car can compete with the best of them, i qualified for the 2010 Worlds with the car,but sadly with the economy like it is decided family & bills are more important.Like Roach said wax on wax off practice practice an more practice
Old 07-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Default G4JR

Originally Posted by Micro-E
I am curious about something - so I'll ask it here to get some different responses.....

I am looking to get into nitro TC (I currently race electric with budget cars) and I see the price of the JS ($240) and that seems like an awesome deal for what you get for the money. Everyone else I ask says stay away from the TM and pony up the $$$$$ and get the Xray.

The TM seeeeeeeeeems to be a decent car?? All I want to do is club race the thing twice a month + practices and I am still a relatively new driver..

All I want is a reliable, well built car, that won't take more maint time than run time, that can be competitive.

Thoughts on the JS for this role? feedback on TM vs. the others? Sounds like some FUD out there, I just don't know enough about TM..

Regarding the JR is that its an 08 version so bottom plate is different from 07 and previous editions. So dont get a JR and think you can harvest from 07 G4+, there's a lot you can cross over, though it gets tiresome.

As for previous comments, they are correct, there's no point RACING a JR and unfortunately it's genetically PRO Tourer, powerful engines, clutches and transmissions. It's got an older trans axle and brake disc and rear end is plastic. It's affordable upkeep in the basic configuration, a full hex screw set required otherwise you'll thread the bulkheads and basic bearings are very good.

As for an xray being better, Im not going to disagree, but then just ask, are WE good enough for a magic. They are good cars, regardless of what the stereotypes and whispers have to say. Ask to drive one, most often when lending out the magic to other for test drives, the word is.. "it feels good!"

So it's just a matter of what others are running in the garages, spares are key and TM parts are a big plus with the likes of RCmanufactory, Wolf, NBH in Aus, Mushroom and more.

Go with the flow at your club and if it's too hard or rich consider a fresh start with an RS09 or pay the little extra with a 2nd hand ex race G4RS08 and your JR for a fresh build and it'll be a good car. Hope you get a couple of clutches and starter box in the deal

Has anyone got a table of compatible clutches and Spurs?

**** MrGSR ***

John, you still have your G4? I drove an Xray at your track.. it felt very light and nimble compared to the magic.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 AM
abi
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
We use that sometimes when the grip is low, but it usually means shaving the harder tires between each race, to keep the same split.

Kindest regards,
Lars
Lars, I actually found the front/rear wear improved stepping to the 5 shore split! When running my usual 35 front, 37 rear (Unpreped car park in winter, PDNR) I ran 2 x sets of rears with 1 x set of front, every second 5 min race I would swap-on the 2nd set of rears and off I would go for 2 x 5 min races. This meant i didn't need to dress tyres on the truer as my splits stayed prety constant.

Now stepping to the 5 shore split my front/rear split is constant and am getting approx 2.5mm wear over 28 minutes of track time.

The only problem now is getting rid of some front grip! More specificly lift-off oversteeer into a corner. Balance is very good during other parts of cornering, just the lift-off over steer is catching me out. I'm going to first try removing some rear droop so as to lessen weight transfer to the front on decelleration and see what happens.

Cheers

Adrian
Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default more rear grip

hey abi.. it seems to me all the magic cars have awsome slip angle. i like it!
however driving style has a bit to do with it...too. also it makes the cars assie. i tryed lowering rear droop and it made the car push coming out of turns on power. so after a lot of testing it came to stiffer front springs!!!.

one step up! that did it! the cars awsome on and off power. its just some thing you may want to try...im using 37 rear 40 front. also im using associated shock oil 45 rear 60 front. and a 2mm split. and the car still changes direction on a dime. i hope these ideas help.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Default k14213 Front Roll Bar

I got some Kfactory goodies in, thanks Anna from Machinaria great service as always.I will be testing the front rollbar need feedback on it, has anyone ran it yet.Also the other parts i ordered are to lighten the drivetrain up ,like the diffs i have all the lightweight parts for the diffs, will test those out also this weekend as long as the weather holds.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by impalabob64
I got some Kfactory goodies in, thanks Anna from Machinaria great service as always.I will be testing the front rollbar need feedback on it, has anyone ran it yet.Also the other parts i ordered are to lighten the drivetrain up ,like the diffs i have all the lightweight parts for the diffs, will test those out also this weekend as long as the weather holds.
one of the best upgrads for g4II easy to adjust & tweak. I also have K14231 blade type in the rear nice to b able to stiffen or soften since tm doesnt offer different size wire.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Hi Guys im after the kfactory rear lower adjustable hinge pin mount. k14200

does anyone have one they want to sell or know where i can get from?

thanks
Old 07-21-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default parts

machinaria has them...and anna gets them out really fast!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Default Yes sir

Originally Posted by roach
machinaria has them...and anna gets them out really fast!!!!!!
Anna aka Bosslady is always on the job
Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Blis:

Are you making a change to the 2009 edition G4RS???
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Beyond me atm

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Blis:

Are you making a change to the 2009 edition G4RS???
Not yet Bundy... Cant seem to wear out the G4's I have. The moment TM releases a G4RS+... I dont think Ill be able to resist. What Id like to do is rewrite the G4RS09 brochure with the new add-ons... Under the pump at work and running low on pressure

Qld title.. man you gotta come.!!!! We have unfinished business with a G4+ and the QLD titles..So bring a magic, hopefully this year we'll have enough experience to lay down a good set of heats and perform in a final. I feel good and have a few engines to get enjoy.. Im entering the original Le-mans+ myself this year.. shaking at the knees on the stand I figure... No I dont need more toe, that's me shaking the wheel on the back straight guys

Cheers.. keep your eyes on the worlds.. anyone else have lap times.. Jeff and Jessie posted Mid- 18s and Jov's were rained out second practice after track was sugarred up.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default im Back

team, i picked up my original g4rs09 last night - Thanks Abi

ill be running it this weekend and trying a few setups as well

ill report back and let you know how it goes...ive been running the nt1 on the same track with laptimes averaging low to flat 18 sec laps so that is my benchmark, same engine pipe etc
Old 07-27-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
team, i picked up my original g4rs09 last night - Thanks Abi

ill be running it this weekend and trying a few setups as well

ill report back and let you know how it goes...ive been running the nt1 on the same track with laptimes averaging low to flat 18 sec laps so that is my benchmark, same engine pipe etc
lets see what you can do!
Old 07-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
Not yet Bundy... Cant seem to wear out the G4's I have. The moment TM releases a G4RS+... I dont think Ill be able to resist. What Id like to do is rewrite the G4RS09 brochure with the new add-ons... Under the pump at work and running low on pressure

Qld title.. man you gotta come.!!!! We have unfinished business with a G4+ and the QLD titles..So bring a magic, hopefully this year we'll have enough experience to lay down a good set of heats and perform in a final. I feel good and have a few engines to get enjoy.. Im entering the original Le-mans+ myself this year.. shaking at the knees on the stand I figure... No I dont need more toe, that's me shaking the wheel on the back straight guys

Cheers.. keep your eyes on the worlds.. anyone else have lap times.. Jeff and Jessie posted Mid- 18s and Jov's were rained out second practice after track was sugarred up.
hey blis it's joel Casey nswrcrcc (moorebank) (Mr G4+) not any more i have turn to the dark side xray Nt1, yes i know what your thinking. But me and dad are comin down for the Qld state titles and was wondering if the track will be open on the wednesday as we are comin down on the tuesday. Great to see your reply
Old 07-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default Great news!

Originally Posted by BBQboy
hey blis it's joel Casey nswrcrcc (moorebank) (Mr G4+) not any more i have turn to the dark side xray Nt1, yes i know what your thinking. But me and dad are comin down for the Qld state titles and was wondering if the track will be open on the wednesday as we are comin down on the tuesday. Great to see your reply
Awesome.. are you driving, flying.. where are you staying? There's room at my place if you want to save a few coins!!

TrackSideRC opens at around 9am and hence the track is open 7 days a week for practice. There's no 12v outside of events and for 240V you should look to the tyre truing area where there's a power point, it can be arranged to be on.

Your default Moorebank setup should come close to the mark, perhaps a suspension softer as we are slightly bumpier than silky smooth Moorebank but it's not too bad. You'll be entering MUGEN territory... So beware!!

Looking forward to meeting up in the garages!!! There might be a chance a practice session goes into the evenings under lights too! Depends on how many at the track. We are currently exploring a new timing system and results will be posted regardless.

h
Team Magic G4RS 2009-nats-2008-nights-large-.jpg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.