Old 07-12-2010, 05:05 AM   #1261
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Ready for the Nats?

[QUOTE=Pattojnr;7658601]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post

could have cleaned the wheels up while ya fixed the cracks
Yeah yeah... a little pavement cloning is one thing, a mag wheel polish is another!
Next major... http://www.2010ifmar200mmsedanworlds.com/
Then Qld's for us, then Nats for you in SA. PJ and Jeff were hanging out together a fortnight ago and give them both a thumbs op for the Aussie RC representation, Im pumped for em both and couple of months good RC events to look out for downunder

Aussie Aussie Aussie.. Oi Oi Oi...

Nats.. Im thinking it's gonna be a good one .. missing out big time here. I know... I know...

**Note: Hoping for good connection and live results.

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 AM   #1262
Tech Apprentice

Hahaha! Thanks for that Blis, I was too excited about posting it to worry about Photoshoping out the cracks and doing the background. I would take some better pics but all I have is my iPhone Camera which is dodgey at best.

As for the Car... It is perfect! The engine is brand new and suffers a lot of piston lock only having had 7 tanks through it (4 at idle and 3 putting). Apart from that though it handles extremely well now that I have finally gotten the tire choice right (35 Front, 40 on Rear).
LRP LiPo RX PACK AAA HUMP 1700 RX 7.4v with MuchMore MRG-5A Regulator
KO PROPO EX-10 EURUS Transmitter with KR-407S Receiver
flynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 AM   #1263
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynia View Post
Hahaha! Thanks for that Blis, I was too excited about posting it to worry about Photoshoping out the cracks and doing the background. I would take some better pics but all I have is my iPhone Camera which is dodgey at best.

As for the Car... It is perfect! The engine is brand new and suffers a lot of piston lock only having had 7 tanks through it (4 at idle and 3 putting). Apart from that though it handles extremely well now that I have finally gotten the tire choice right (35 Front, 40 on Rear).
Try a diff with about 150,000 your could go to 37 fronts ,do you guys have good traction, here in florida i have to run the diff because traction becomes crazy high .To me the diff is more consistent but thats just me, an the car really likes the Xceed Chevy Kruzer body
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic G4RS 2009-dsc_0189.jpg  
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:32 PM   #1264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=blis;7658440]
Quote:
Finally! Here is my G4RS 09!

Attachment 615487
Great! I hope that we will see Guy racing it at Brendale this coming Sunday then?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #1265
Tech Elite

Default Sunday + Interclub + rant

[QUOTE=Chickentrader;7665725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post

Great! I hope that we will see Guy racing it at Brendale this coming Sunday then?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars cannot confirm racing on Sunday.. BUT... Will see you there if you are going.

I was bummed when I rocked up to Bayside with a new 1st Spur and the club car for spares for you and found you'd gone home.. some mentioned that you popped 1st?

G4 numbers still dropping, Paul Fahey bought a Mugen and Ray is thinking of switching too.

The RS009 quickly needs to front up with a full + (plus) spec race car and make an impression. With Jovanovics moving to Capricorn, Jeff on Shepherd, the remaining majority on Xray, Mugen, no one can disregard Kyosho or Serpent, the 200mm IC class is going to be a very hard nut to crack.

The modified Novarossi flash engines testing at Brendale a few weeks ago sounded a full TONE higher than anything Ive heard so engines are developing rapidly too. All worth a pinch if you cant keep it tight on the black stuff I suppose!

Last edited by blis; 07-14-2010 at 01:30 AM. Reason: of/or
Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 AM   #1266
Tech Elite

Default Tweazy

Quote:

Glad you didnt take offense.. was nice to have a look and tinker with the image

cheers

h
Old 07-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #1267
abi
Tech Adept

Quote:

I too found a 5 shore split front to back works better than my previous 2 shore split.

Cheers

Adrian
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #1268
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
I too found a 5 shore split front to back works better than my previous 2 shore split.

Cheers

Adrian
We use that sometimes when the grip is low, but it usually means shaving the harder tires between each race, to keep the same split.

Kindest regards,
Lars
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #1269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Harry I've been thinking to make a come back to the g4rs09
I've been running the nt1 I just like the aggressive yet stable 09

Chicken trader try my brendale setup it's on the team magic web site. Car was still new to me but it was fast
mrgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #1270
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=blis;7668155]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post

Lars cannot confirm racing on Sunday.. BUT... Will see you there if you are going.

I was bummed when I rocked up to Bayside with a new 1st Spur and the club car for spares for you and found you'd gone home.. some mentioned that you popped 1st?

G4 numbers still dropping, Paul Fahey bought a Mugen and Ray is thinking of switching too.

The RS009 quickly needs to front up with a full + (plus) spec race car and make an impression. With Jovanovics moving to Capricorn, Jeff on Shepherd, the remaining majority on Xray, Mugen, no one can disregard Kyosho or Serpent, the 200mm IC class is going to be a very hard nut to crack.

The modified Novarossi flash engines testing at Brendale a few weeks ago sounded a full TONE higher than anything Ive heard so engines are developing rapidly too. All worth a pinch if you cant keep it tight on the black stuff I suppose!
I'm sorry mate! We did a one way bearing in the Gas Tourer final, and I had forgotten to re-stock so we could have a spare. I knocked another bearing out of another model car Saturday night, and is seemed to work before putting the car on the track, but locked up the 1st and 2nd spur. and stripped 1st before getting out of pit lane when gas practice started.

I was really disappointed, the boy had expected to do well. It seems that I can be a bad sport myself at times, storming off like that. I would have preferred to have a full day during the week to prepare for the event; with every detail taken care of and spare car, but it had been such a busy week.

Bring the new car if you are coming down on Sunday , I would like to see it.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #1271
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

The original one way bearings required to be oiled

Check with www.nbhc.com.au they have the new one way bearings
mrgsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #1272
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am curious about something - so I'll ask it here to get some different responses.....

I am looking to get into nitro TC (I currently race electric with budget cars) and I see the price of the JS ($240) and that seems like an awesome deal for what you get for the money. Everyone else I ask says stay away from the TM and pony up the $$$$$ and get the Xray.

The TM seeeeeeeeeems to be a decent car?? All I want to do is club race the thing twice a month + practices and I am still a relatively new driver..

All I want is a reliable, well built car, that won't take more maint time than run time, that can be competitive.

Thoughts on the JS for this role? feedback on TM vs. the others? Sounds like some FUD out there, I just don't know enough about TM..
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #1273
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Thumbs up team magic

my 2 cents the g4js is more like a rtr...i have one and use it for nitro VTA racing. the best bang for your buck is g4rs09. all the cars out there are good cars x-ray ect...its all about can you set up a car! and car you drive it!

practice practice practice and more practice.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #1274
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post

I know; I used to put one way oil on it a couple of times every race meeting, and it works. I just forgot to this time, due to many other things to fix and adjust. better preparation and all those issues wouldn't have surfaced.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #1275
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post

Deleted; double entry.

Kindest regards,
Lars.