Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Front Downstops

Hi

I have been doing a little more work on my G4RS 09 tonight and still can not for the life of me work out how the front downstops work on the car.

The instruction manual shows a grub screw in the lower arm, but it does not touch the chassis like it does on the rear off the car. The old G4RS had it in the front bulkheads resting against the swaybar mounts... Maybe i have missed something!

Thanks in advance...
Andrew
Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

I have been doing a little more work on my G4RS 09 tonight and still can not for the life of me work out how the front downstops work on the car.

The instruction manual shows a grub screw in the lower arm, but it does not touch the chassis like it does on the rear off the car. The old G4RS had it in the front bulkheads resting against the swaybar mounts... Maybe i have missed something!

Thanks in advance...
Andrew
check length of shocks. maybe not long enough for it to extend down?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Hi

Thanks in advance...
Andrew
The downstops are adjusted from a grub screw through the bulkheads (Just behind the swaybar mounts).
They sit against a small tab that protrudes from the suspension arm a little.
I found the supplied screws to be a little short and replaced them with 8mm ones.
Have another look.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Playing at bayside this weekend?

Hi

Thanks in advance...
Andrew

Bundy, Lars mentioned that the droop grub screws were a little short... Down stops from pics seem to be from underneath stopping against sway bars?

Team Magic G4RS 2009-downstop.jpg

If you are running at Bayside this weekend, then downstops might be a good idea. From experience the downstops grubs need a lot of loctite or better still replace them with a long round head screw and use Shims to set them.

Bayside is extremely rippled and sway bars tend to disrupt the cornering, many stand up their shocks, remove sways and run really soft. To get an idea of how soft, I helped out Ray Griffiths from Sunny Coast (his down stops had screwed themselves in too far and locked the suspension) and he was running pink fronts and lime rears. These soft srpings would require downstops unless you want to run considerably higher ride height 8-10mm otherwise in a longer race you'll find yourself bottoming out.

Also used 1.5mm drilled out pistons in my shocks to get improve shock absorption.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis
Bundy, Lars mentioned that the droop grub screws were a little short... Down stops from pics seem to be from underneath stopping against sway bars?

Attachment 572249

If you are running at Bayside this weekend, then downstops might be a good idea. From experience the downstops grubs need a lot of loctite or better still replace them with a long round head screw and use Shims to set them.

Bayside is extremely rippled and sway bars tend to disrupt the cornering, many stand up their shocks, remove sways and run really soft. To get an idea of how soft, I helped out Ray Griffiths from Sunny Coast (his down stops had screwed themselves in too far and locked the suspension) and he was running pink fronts and lime rears. These soft srpings would require downstops unless you want to run considerably higher ride height 8-10mm otherwise in a longer race you'll find yourself bottoming out.

Also used 1.5mm drilled out pistons in my shocks to get improve shock absorption.
Blis:

Sorry for the late reply i am away from home at the moment, appreciate the assistence...

I got it sorted, they are indeed on the bulkheads and you can get to them from the top, but Lars is correct and the screws are too short to touch anything.

The manual for the car is so shit... it doesn't explain anything like with previous Team Magic cars i have!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default Steering linkage!

WTF Team Magic!

Why does the manual not tell you how long to make the tie rod for the steering linkages.

Does anyone have any suggestions? At the moment it is pushing the rack up and the top deck is sitting high as a result.

Hoped to get it finished this weekend!

Thanks again
Andrew
Old 03-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Hey

WTF Team Magic!

Why does the manual not tell you how long to make the tie rod for the steering linkages.

Does anyone have any suggestions? At the moment it is pushing the rack up and the top deck is sitting high as a result.

Thanks again
Andrew
What i did was ,had set full size frt tires put on the front set them as straight as i could, then i built the steering rods then adjusted them at to get the wheels to set at 0 degree toe, i will give you what i came up with when get a home later.

Bobby Watson
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

WTF Team Magic!

Thanks again
Andrew
Lack of feedback makes me think this car has been left high and dry!
Old 03-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Just out of curiousity I downloaded the manual for the G4rs from Team magic. In the middle of the book, right when it tells you to open bag 15 there is a shot of the front turnbuckles. Says that it between the ball ends there should be 33.5mm of room. Try that out and see if its right. I dont have the car but hope that gets you close.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lack of feedback makes me think this car has been left high and dry!
only because i purchased one for my return to the hobby

anyone want to buy a brand new g4rs 09? built never ran
Old 03-30-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Digital 8oh8
only because i purchased one for my return to the hobby

anyone want to buy a brand new g4rs 09? built never ran
how much? and what you got on it
Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Purchased mine on Monday night from Wolf Hobbies.

Can't wait for it to get here as I am looking forward to building!

So far I have the following for it:

RB Concept R3 V12
KO Propo KR-407S Mini Sized Reciever
K Factory K6001 Missile Pipe (Thanks Lars from Chickentrading)
Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

I am selling both my G4RS09

one is brand new with a couple of small parts missing and the other is a full kfactory hopped up version. i would like 650us for both plus spare batteries and a heaps of spares like gears belts pinions etc
Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by impalabob64
What i did was ,had set full size frt tires put on the front set them as straight as i could, then i built the steering rods then adjusted them at to get the wheels to set at 0 degree toe, i will give you what i came up with when get a home later.

Bobby Watson
Hey Bobby did you check the linkage length at all?

Thanks
Andrew
Old 04-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Yes

Hey Bobby did you check the linkage length at all?

Thanks
Andrew
29.21mm left 30.33mm right this is what i have right now,this should be a good starting point for you.I will be running a diff setup this weekend at our Miami track, cant wait to run that new 300 ft straight any gearing advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.