Anna
www.machinaria.com
Thanks Anna for the parts.they came in today you guys are the best
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:32 AM   #978
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RE: Run into problem with Sirio engine & pipe on G4RS09

Hi, I have a problem with my new G4RS 09. I am running on a Sirio Sti3 with 2611 pipe. However the pipe is too long and it hit the steering link and wheels. As for the engine, my clutch bell is actually rubbing against the 2 speed housing and preventing it from engaging.

I had to change my pipe to Skyline which is shorter and filed away my 2 speed housing slightly to clear the clutch bell.

Anyone had any experience with the problem I had? Thanks in advance for all advise.
Wrx Sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default YES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrx Sti View Post
Hi, I have a problem with my new G4RS 09. I am running on a Sirio Sti3 with 2611 pipe. However the pipe is too long and it hit the steering link and wheels. As for the engine, my clutch bell is actually rubbing against the 2 speed housing and preventing it from engaging.

I had to change my pipe to Skyline which is shorter and filed away my 2 speed housing slightly to clear the clutch bell.

Anyone had any experience with the problem I had? Thanks in advance for all advise.
Yes, i had the same problem i tried to get the mesh really close just got to close,what gearing are you running.As for the Sirio if you run on a med size track get the Nova 2630 with short header then hold it will be a missle PS you may have run time issues,not sure of you driving style.Good luck with the car it is a great car.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #980
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Comparing internal transmission ratios of G4RS 08 and the G4RSII 09

I have compared the internal transmission ratios of G4RS 08 with the G4RSII 09, and it seems that the G4RSII 09 has a significantly lower roll out, and must have considerably lower top speed (and would most likely scream its head of on a track with long straights). My calculation (see file attachments) show that Dario Balestri had a final roll out of 37.97 mm with a top speed of 81 Km/h at say 37500 revs. Compare this to Stephen Brown’s G4RS 08 at the Mendip Nats with a roll out of 38.63 and a top speed of 91 Km/h using the same revs. The max rollout using factory parts for the G4RS 08 would be about 44.6 with a top speed of about 100km/h, and 37.1 with 84 Km/h top speed for the G4RSII 09.

Could anyone that knows more about this comment? Also I would like to know if anyone detects errors in my calculations.

Editing comment: I have just uploaded it to my website at http://chickentrading.com/. Go "The Garage" and find it there. My security settings will only allow registered users to access such files, unfortunately, but registration is quick and easy.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 12-30-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Details of access to calculator.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:53 PM   #981
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

you have a mistake in darios car, it says the pinion is 13 but was actually 16
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM   #982
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
you have a mistake in darios car, it says the pinion is 13 but was actually 16
You are right, I had it right before I made some changes to the appearance and I must have changed it accidentally without noticing. It is too much trouble to fix right now, and it makes no difference to the 2nd speed gearing which was really my point. I have since edited the original post above, and the calculators can now be accessed and edited frorm my website at http://chickentrading.com/. But you will have to register first.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #983
afm
Tech Master

According to my electronic gear ratio and speed calculator, G4RS08 has an internal final gear ratio of 2.190, and the G4RS09 has 1.952.

This means you need to place bigger pinions and smaller spurs on the RS09 to equalize speeds with the RS=08.

For example, if you put on an RS09 car a 17-63 and 22-56 combination, you get "almost" same speeds as an RS08 with 16-51 and 21-46 combination. Both at 35,000rpm

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #984
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Thumbs up RSII09

great info guys keep it coming...i'd really like to see the magic cars on top this year!.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #985
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi, I have a problem with my new G4RS 09. I am running on a Sirio Sti3 with 2611 pipe. However the pipe is too long and it hit the steering link and wheels.
I don't think I've ever read someone having this problem on any car. Got a photo?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #986
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
I have compared the internal transmission ratios of G4RS 08 with the G4RSII 09, and it seems that the G4RSII 09 has a significantly lower roll out, and must have considerably lower top speed (and would most likely scream its head of on a track with long straights). My calculation (see file attachments) show that Dario Balestri had a final roll out of 37.97 mm with a top speed of 81 Km/h at say 37500 revs. Compare this to Stephen Brown’s G4RS 08 at the Mendip Nats with a roll out of 38.63 and a top speed of 91 Km/h using the same revs. The max rollout using factory parts for the G4RS 08 would be about 44.6 with a top speed of about 100km/h, and 37.1 with 84 Km/h top speed for the G4RSII 09.

Could anyone that knows more about this comment? Also I would like to know if anyone detects errors in my calculations.

Editing comment: I have just uploaded it to my website at http://chickentrading.com/. Go "The Garage" and find it there. My security settings will only allow registered users to access such files, unfortunately, but registration is quick and easy.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Yes I had noticed that the car is geared on the short side.

Mine came with a little card with the FDRs on ... whe I compared this to those on the NT1 and the MTX they appeared to be significantly shorter.

I do also notice however that Kfactory have released some different sized pulleys.
Have a look at them Lars and come up with a decent ratio for us
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #987
Tech Regular

Quote:

Hi..
I have had both problems. You have to be very careful with your choice of gears and mesh them carefully.
The (also common) pipe problem doesnt help as it tends to tempt you to angle the motor slightly.
I was using the 2607 pipe and had this problem unless the tyres were well under 60mm.
Im now going to try the GRP pipe as Im told it works well with the piccos.
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #988
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
According to my electronic gear ratio and speed calculator, G4RS08 has an internal final gear ratio of 2.190, and the G4RS09 has 1.952.

This means you need to place bigger pinions and smaller spurs on the RS09 to equalize speeds with the RS=08.

For example, if you put on an RS09 car a 17-63 and 22-56 combination, you get "almost" same speeds as an RS08 with 16-51 and 21-46 combination. Both at 35,000rpm

AFM
Thanks advising me of this important error in my calculations. In regards to the difference in your calculations and mine; how do you calculate the ratios? I have divided (Pinion/spur) and multiplied it with (midshaft pulley/diff pulley) e.g. G4RSII 09 ((22/57)=0.386 x (21/41)=0.5120)=0.19769. This is represents the number of turns that is transmitted to the wheel axel for each revolution of the engine the way that I did it. I apologise for the error, but I’ll correct it straight away if you could show me how to calculate it correctly.

In regards to the matter of the difference of the G4RS 08 and the G4RSII 09; since my calculations implied that there was no option to gear the G4RSII 09 to the extent of that the G4RS 08, I queried whether in fact it wouldn’t make the engine “scream its head off” on open tracks with long straights. It was never meant to say that you couldn’t come up with a close match using the G4RS 08’s lower gearing option. I have since become aware by a post from getpip that there are more options, so I stand corrected with this as well.

I would appreciate very much if you could show me how to correct my calculations as soon as possible so I can correct the calculator.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:19 PM   #989
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Yes I had noticed that the car is geared on the short side.

Mine came with a little card with the FDRs on ... whe I compared this to those on the NT1 and the MTX they appeared to be significantly shorter.

I do also notice however that Kfactory have released some different sized pulleys.
Have a look at them Lars and come up with a decent ratio for us
Thanks for that tip, I was not aware of this. Where do you find the information? I'll have a look at it very soon. Changing the mid shaft pulleys to one pip bigger would satisfy my concerns.

It is also interesting to note that the front/rear drive ratio difference is only 1.2% using the G4RSII 09 options that I were aware of; while the G4RS 08 comes up with 4.5% difference using the 20t and 27t side pulleys. My XRay 05 has a difference of 6.25% using rubber tires that have the same diameter (most drivers use smaller fronts with foams, so I would have thought that the gas car's ratios would be higher).

You can access or download the calculator from "The Garage" at http://chickentrading.com/ if you register, and check the ratios for any car using any option.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #990
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

"theoretical" top speed is generally irrelevant.

In my experience, It's more about how quickly the car goes from point A to point B.

You'll find that even on the shortest gearing, the RS09 will not be far off the gearing required to suit the rpm range that today's engines put out.
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote