R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #76
Tech Addict
 
PrimeAKF11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Voorhees, NJ
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I've been building one since yesterday, and I honestly feel that parts quality is down from the G4RS I built last year. Cost-cutting measures?

For instance, the kit comes with regular shielded bearings instead of the K-factory ZF ones my old G4RS came with. The 2 speed tranny shaft, while light, looks visibly lower quality than the old G4RS's, which was undoubtly a highest quality piece.

And also the instruction manual isn't as detailed. The one my old G4RS came with had every imaginable detail specified, such as how many milimeters the pivot balls need to be from the suspension arm when building so when the build is complete the car is set up with the basic setup. This one doesn't; I basically have to build the car blind and setup everything later.

Plus, the manual lacks any setup guides whatsoever. What's up with that? My older G4RS manual was twice as thick and half of it was about setups!

Did they 'rush' the kit? It certainly looks like they did! Who knows, maybe it was intentional, and TM will equip the car with all those goodies and start selling it as a 'G4 II EVO+' 3 months later
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #77
Tech Adept
 
kest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: HIGH FORT JB
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

WHOW!!
Team Magic got some explanations to do here,,
__________________
K..Y..O..S..H..O..I..S..H..O..B..B..Y
JBRCC
BCRT
kest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #78
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
aizenbelle I work for ups, Im sorry to say but the cargo train carrying your g4rs 2009 has derailled and the trolley carrying your package burst into flames destorying everything inside it.

Dude don't play like that. That is not funny
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 AM   #79
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Setup

I see it comes with a stock setup sheet to go by, it tells you a starting point for the frt an rear trackwidth, i would save the frt hubs, until you get the frt end done, i would also do the rear the sameway.I see what your saying ,for me i would look closly at the setup that comes with the kit,to me a picture says athousand words,agian i see what you see,some people can look at kit an can build it just by looking at the pics,but please keep us posted on your build.P.S Just my opinion
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #80
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

thats exactlly what they are doing, its a new series of a car so they can start from scratch put cheaper things on the car and add more optional parts so they can get more money out of parts and new upgraded kits a few months down the road, its getting me worried, I might stay away from TM with this kit.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #81
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
I see it comes with a stock setup sheet to go by, it tells you a starting point for the frt an rear trackwidth, i would save the frt hubs, until you get the frt end done, i would also do the rear the sameway.I see what your saying ,for me i would look closly at the setup that comes with the kit,to me a picture says athousand words,agian i see what you see,some people can look at kit an can build it just by looking at the pics,but please keep us posted on your build.P.S Just my opinion


I Read the words of a wise man!!!!
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #82
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazwenhome View Post
i bet u will if a kid can, im sure it will do better in the hands of a pro. get it now, see other people later
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #83
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default G4RS09/Jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
thats exactlly what they are doing, its a new series of a car so they can start from scratch put cheaper things on the car and add more optional parts so they can get more money out of parts and new upgraded kits a few months down the road, its getting me worried, I might stay away from TM with this kit.
Yeah.. with ten years of 502x development, there's a long road ahead for the 504x. Id say the smaller bulkheads need to be Alu asap. As with the flex plate in carbon... I can smell a an EVO, PLUS+, BLACK, TITANIUM...

What we gonna do with ten years of 502x parts .. I'd say there's gonna be countless other brand cars with Magic Fuel tanks in their cars soon, I know Im in a dilemma with the LeMans and the old transmission/gearing.. Need to start a G4/502x retirement centre.

Perhaps buy up on the 2 speed rear spur retaining nuts.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
Yeah.. with ten years of 502x development, there's a long road ahead for the 504x. Id say the smaller bulkheads need to be Alu asap. As with the flex plate in carbon... I can smell a an EVO, PLUS+, BLACK, TITANIUM...

What we gonna do with ten years of 502x parts .. I'd say there's gonna be countless other brand cars with Magic Fuel tanks in their cars soon, I know Im in a dilemma with the LeMans and the old transmission/gearing.. Need to start a G4/502x retirement centre.

Perhaps buy up on the 2 speed rear spur retaining nuts.

its official I can't afford to be a Tm racer... only thing I absolutley hate about TM even more than parts support in the states, they release 4 models a year, my pockets arent that deep TM.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #85
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Wink Let wait an see.

Lets get our cars built,an then give our feedback, this is a totally different plateform,as far as hopups,or what i call bling,bling. I think its the drivers preference if they want to add hopups.I have seen pro drivers driving the same cars we hve out of the box, with not a hopup anywhere on their cars and you ask why, they say the car doesn,t need it.I have raced with some top names here in florida ,Poalo Morganti,Dj Ap,Scotty Grey,Chris Tosolini, an you look at the cars no bling period.Trust me i hve learned alot from each of these drivers.If they say it will improve the cars performance, thats the only time that it would be installed,agian this is just my opinion.P.S mine will be here tomorrow
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #86
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
its official I can't afford to be a Tm racer... only thing I absolutley hate about TM even more than parts support in the states, they release 4 models a year, my pockets arent that deep TM.
Maybe you should quit your UPS delivering and find yourself a better job

If I recall correctly this is a pretty expensive hobby!!

maybe you should try HPI RS4 3 RTR
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #87
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Part Support

Its being taken care of as we speak,i will keep you posted on that, lets just say stock an overstock just in case
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #88
Tech Master
 
rcrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Somewhere Delicious
Posts: 1,281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizenbelle View Post
Maybe you should quit your UPS delivering and find yourself a better job

If I recall correctly this is a pretty expensive hobby!!

maybe you should try HPI RS4 3 RTR
its an expensive hobby but how old is the mugen mtx4r and how old is the g4+ evo?

the g4+evo already has a successor and the mtx4r doesnt.

this hobby is expensive, but TM makes it brutally expensive the way they release model after model.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #89
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
its an expensive hobby but how old is the mugen mtx4r and how old is the g4+ evo?

the g4+evo already has a successor and the mtx4r doesnt.

this hobby is expensive, but TM makes it brutally expensive the way they release model after model.

hey bro don't get too defensive it was a joke!!

you just want the G4RS 09 all to yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
its an expensive hobby but how old is the mugen mtx4r and how old is the g4+ evo?

the g4+evo already has a successor and the mtx4r doesnt.

this hobby is expensive, but TM makes it brutally expensive the way they release model after model.
its a broken record. same old same old. you have been complaining for years, but yet yuo still want to get a TM. the MTX4 hasnt changed, but it is starting to get left behind in technology, the new TM has a result already, the new Serpent was on a hot pace in Turkey, so either way its a step in the right direction, R&D costs money, trying things in prototypes cost money, in these financial times, its hard to go forward, but this hobby seems to do this easily, why, the end user buys it. its simple. technology and improvements have come, now its time for the end users to pay for it, one at a time .........
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
Team Magic G4 + EVO afm Nitro On-Road 421 08-05-2011 01:31 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Just Hobby 1/10 Onroad GP Sedan Challenge Race 2( 08 March 2009 ) justhobby Singapore R/C Racers 28 04-08-2009 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:26 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net