R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #826
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muley View Post
Hi All,
Just wondering if some one could help and let me know if they are having trouble with the shockies leaking and how to get the oil level right. If i get full travel they will not rebound all the way - if i get rebound i do not get full travel - i am using the standard shock bladder.

Thanks Mike
I use the xray Orings .... good n chubby!
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #827
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I used the o-rings I had for my G4RS 08. They work perfectly.
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 PM   #828
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default 2009 Australian Nationals update!

hey guys im back from a hectic 2009 australian nationals and once again rain killed the event.

We had to cancel the 6th qualifier as rain disturbed the last few heats in round 5 so i ended up qualifying 22 out of 80+ drivers. My car was superquick in my last qualifier (laptimes in the high 17 seconds) TQ's lap times were 17.4-17.5 so i was very happy with the car.

I started first on the grid in the 1/4s but due to a rapid weather change the engine was so rich on the first lap that i had to come in the pitlane to lean it so i dropped to last but ended up second at the end of the race on the same lap as first out of 9 drivers.

i then started 9th in the semi and got up to 3rd on the opening lap but then my engine (353 09 tuned) was changing tune with the weather. after a crazy semi i finished 5th not enough to progess to the main final.

Not that it mattered as thunderstorms came through we had to cancel the event and results were called on qualifying.

Ill post my setups as soon as i can.

John Germanos
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #829
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

great race.....
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 AM   #830
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Great News

Thats good to hear that the car is doing really good,cant wait to see you setup.

Last edited by impalabob64; 10-06-2009 at 06:58 AM.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 AM   #831
Tech Elite

Default Setup sheet

Guys this setup was used in qualifying and finals

i started with 37f 40r tires then when the grip came up i changed to 40f 42r
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009_Australian_Nationals_John_Germanos.pdf (148.2 KB, 149 views)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #832
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default AU nats 2009

To Impala and our international friends..

I tried so hard to get the feeds working early so you could get some insight into the event but after spending my own $$ on a wireless extension cable for the antenna and bridge coax cable, the antenna extension connectors didnt fit and race control and was marred with poor bandwidth and video coverage. I did my best

Im uploading a video to http://www.vimeo.com/blis/videos atm and it should be ready in a couple of hours.. if not 6 hours (wake up time)

Guy drove very well, posting times a little over one second off the top runners and in one practice heat drove a .28 deviation and was competing in his heat with the likes of Patto who is the West Australian Champion.

The G4+ was wonderful on the smooth track with 42 shore Matrix tyres, ORange and Blue springs with 650 oil and low ride heights. It was a learning experience none the less, trying to preserve the race engine marred many heats and in the final qualifier with our GRP Guy learnt about patience as he was on a 31 lap schedule and fast through the sweep and met a slower car a little too early and ended his quals 4 feet off the ground and broken rear arm.

We learnt a lot about our team, rules, engine tuning and strategies and in our 1/16th final were set onto a "wet" track with foams and drifted slowly around off racing line while the others took on rubbers and left us struggling... it was all over.

After the wet 1/16th final I pondered over whether I should have cut the rear belt and let Guy drive front wheels only... still wondering... I cared not to use rubber as it seemed an unfair advantage, it's not how we are supposed to race in AU.

Special thanks to Patto for his understanding and support as he was in our heat and we got in his way in qual 1, one can only wonder why he was... anyway... we made sure he got clean quals after that.

Cheers to all that supported us, we'll definitely take this experience as a learning one and move on to more successfull events in the future.

more media posting soon.. need Zzz's

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #833
Tech Master

Default Florida

Be nice if you guys can come my way for the Winternationals,be nice meet all you guys.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
To Impala and our international friends..

I tried so hard to get the feeds working early so you could get some insight into the event but after spending my own $$ on a wireless extension cable for the antenna and bridge coax cable, the antenna extension connectors didnt fit and race control and was marred with poor bandwidth and video coverage. I did my best

Im uploading a video to http://www.vimeo.com/blis/videos atm and it should be ready in a couple of hours.. if not 6 hours (wake up time)

Guy drove very well, posting times a little over one second off the top runners and in one practice heat drove a .28 deviation and was competing in his heat with the likes of Patto who is the West Australian Champion.

The G4+ was wonderful on the smooth track with 42 shore Matrix tyres, ORange and Blue springs with 650 oil and low ride heights. It was a learning experience none the less, trying to preserve the race engine marred many heats and in the final qualifier with our GRP Guy learnt about patience as he was on a 31 lap schedule and fast through the sweep and met a slower car a little too early and ended his quals 4 feet off the ground and broken rear arm.

We learnt a lot about our team, rules, engine tuning and strategies and in our 1/16th final were set onto a "wet" track with foams and drifted slowly around off racing line while the others took on rubbers and left us struggling... it was all over.

After the wet 1/16th final I pondered over whether I should have cut the rear belt and let Guy drive front wheels only... still wondering... I cared not to use rubber as it seemed an unfair advantage, it's not how we are supposed to race in AU.

Special thanks to Patto for his understanding and support as he was in our heat and we got in his way in qual 1, one can only wonder why he was... anyway... we made sure he got clean quals after that.

Cheers to all that supported us, we'll definitely take this experience as a learning one and move on to more successfull events in the future.

more media posting soon.. need Zzz's

h
as i said on the day Blis, there is no point mouthing off at a kid who enjoys his racing, as it can affect his future. it is not your fault nor mine that i was put in that heat. i thank you for taking the time to come talk to me about it, and im happy that MOST people realised i was the quicker car out there. i had patience to not push or barg my way past, but still some just dont get they are racing the clock in qualifying. no harm done, and i wish you all the best for the rest of the season.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 PM   #835
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Default G4RS clutch

hope im in the right thred for this. in short im new to touring cars, been racing dirt& ashphalt oval, for 15+ years...anyway i have a ufo clutch. cars runs great handels great. but i don't know how to set the clutch..its not shifting. its not sliping or screeming. the track i was testing it on was small
maybe a 30' stright. but i need to know how to set the shift points...

thanks; roach
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #836
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Is it on a G4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
hope im in the right thred for this. in short im new to touring cars, been racing dirt& ashphalt oval, for 15+ years...anyway i have a ufo clutch. cars runs great handels great. but i don't know how to set the clutch..its not shifting. its not sliping or screeming. the track i was testing it on was small
maybe a 30' stright. but i need to know how to set the shift points...

thanks; roach
Roach, I trust you are using this clutch and bell on a G4.. if not you better be sure you are meshing to the two speed as a G4 has a 4mm split between gears unlike many other 2speed systems like mugen at 5mm.

Secondly, if you are referring to 2nd speed shifting, that's inside the 2 speed system not the clutch.

If you are referring to the two speed flyout clutch, Ive got quite strong hands and I can just manage to open them 1mm when I pull on them. Be sure you're not too loose as you may be stuck in second gear. It's a matter of tightening the 2speed clutch in, ensuring you are in firsat gear, then equally unwinding the shoe tensioning screws 1/4 turn at a time until you get second gear.

For the UFO engine clutch, I tighten the clutch nut down until I cant turn it easily with my fingers, if the wheels turn when you fire it up, one of two things are happening:

1) Not enough GAP between Clutch shoe and clutch bell
2) Or too loose on the clutch nut.

If it doesnt engage at all..

1) Too tight on the clutch nut
2) Or your clutch shoe is worn out.

I use a thrust bearing washer + shims beneath to create the gap between the clutch bell and clutch shoe, then pack the rest of the spacing with shims after the thrust bearing.

good luck.

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #837
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to roach
Default G4JS

thanks bliss yes it a G4JS...all seems fine with it, it just wasnt shifting.

I think it might be locked down. i'll check it out and get back. just new to touring cars, but im hooked now!!!!

thanks again!
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #838
Tech Elite

Hi guys we should have some new parts available soon for the G4 RS 09:

- new bigger fuel tank
- some new carbon fibre bits
- front lower adjustable arms
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #839
Tech Master

Default Front wire Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
Hi guys we should have some new parts available soon for the G4 RS 09:

- new bigger fuel tank
- some new carbon fibre bits
- front lower adjustable arms
Any news on the front wire bar .
Old 10-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #840
Tech Elite

Our local hobby store www.nbhc.com.au has the front wire swaybar. Looks pretty good but i havent used it yet. looks more suitable for lower traction tracks but also looks much easier to adjust tweak