Team Magic G4RS 2009

Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Old 08-07-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Regular

Default thanx

Originally Posted by gtrmx
My setup...
Thank you for the great tips!! and nice track!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sebtarta
GTRMX, that looks pretty nice. The track layout is good too, and the fact that you can do many different layouts is even better.

Thanks for the pics, at least it gives us a sense of your track and your setup used.

That orange "bocho" in the back looks in good shape...
It only looks good at the distance... hahahaha!!!! It belonged to one of the local hobby shop owners but he focused his attention to off-road and also now manages someone else's go-kart track...

And yeah, we are fortunate to have this facility!! Everyone would be more than welcome to visit!!

I would like to go back to the US for another race myself...

I have raced at the fort, the old revelation raceway and also attented the US Nats in Cristal Park a few years ago, but did not race that particular one.

I gotta say traction is absolutely different here!! We can use new tyres and yet the cars will not traction roll. Also our engines go much slower because of the altitude... It's a totally different race environment in the US, one I look forward to going back to some day.

Thanks everyone for your nice comments!!!

Last edited by gtrmx; 08-08-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

It was very frustrating for me to have my engine loose all its compression two weeks ago...

So I asked around and someone suggested to pinch the sleeve of my engine.

I did not have a tool to do it, so I asked a friend at work to help me out with the lathe... he preferred to go home, change diapers and buy formula... and left me all alone with the lathe.

I had to make two of these because the first one had too wide an internal diameter...

So here is the the end product. I had to cut one side to make it a little easier to tighten. I pinched just a little to prevent making an oval out of the sleeve and will work my way from there little at a time to see what the result is...

From the get-go the engine now has a little pinch. I will try it out tomorrow!!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:00 AM
afm
Tech Master

[QUOTE=gtrmx;6177094]It was very frustrating for me to have my engine loose all its compression two weeks ago......

QUOTE]

Thought you might want to try this next time...

Don’t confuse compression with pinch; Sleeve Pinch is not that important contrary to popular belief. The question is how well it seals as soon as the piston starts to close the exhaust port and if it holds compression after you roll it to top dead center.
Place a few drops of after run oil trough the top (removing plug), then place plug in place, then roll piston to top dead center and listen and look for air bubbles through exhaust port. If there’s none, then your engine still has compression, even if it has no pinch. The fastest engines I use, have zero pinch.

AFM
Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tried the G4RS 09 today...

the car was way too easy to drive... ...

I was wowed by the 733 and i must say the g4rs is also fantastic... car is grippy, stable, fast and easy to drive....
Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Yay.. Picked mine up today.

Picked mine up today ..
Looking forward to bolting it together and finding out what the fuss is about!
Could this mean the end for my Mugen?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=afm;6177886]
It was very frustrating for me to have my engine loose all its compression two weeks ago......

QUOTE]

Thought you might want to try this next time...

Don’t confuse compression with pinch; Sleeve Pinch is not that important contrary to popular belief. The question is how well it seals as soon as the piston starts to close the exhaust port and if it holds compression after you roll it to top dead center.
Place a few drops of after run oil trough the top (removing plug), then place plug in place, then roll piston to top dead center and listen and look for air bubbles through exhaust port. If there’s none, then your engine still has compression, even if it has no pinch. The fastest engines I use, have zero pinch.

AFM
Hi AFM,

Thanks for your advise!!

I have a well known fuel manufacturer giving me a hand with this, and he had already given me a few pointers. My engine has no compression and no pinch. Air bubbles do escape! And there was no way the engine would hold idle.

I had sent him pictures of my engine internals and he said there is a nice carbon film all around the places where it should be, except for a small section on the lubrication rings. That is why we know it lost compression for good. There are no scratches or signs of leaning and no good reason for an engine with such short life to let go like this...

And he also mentioned that the least pinch the engine has, the faster it will be. That is why factory driver engines are so fast. So if I manage to recover just a bit of compression by pinching the sleeve very gently I may get to that sweet spot, little pinch and just enough compression...

AFM, keep the advise coming, it is greatly appreciated!! Thanks for taking the time!!

Last edited by gtrmx; 08-08-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

It was very frustrating for me to have my engine loose all its compression two weeks ago...

So I asked around and someone suggested to pinch the sleeve of my engine.

I did not have a tool to do it, so I asked a friend at work to help me out with the lathe... he preferred to go home, change diapers and buy formula... and left me all alone with the lathe.

I had to make two of these because the first one had too wide an internal diameter...

So here is the the end product. I had to cut one side to make it a little easier to tighten. I pinched just a little to prevent making an oval out of the sleeve and will work my way from there little at a time to see what the result is...

From the get-go the engine now has a little pinch. I will try it out tomorrow!!
This thing actually worked!! hahahaha!!

I have to admit to being a little naive thinking this engine would be much faster now, but it was not any faster or slower than it ever was.

Compression is back and the engine idles nicely again! I am not sure I can trust the engine for a race, but at least I got a good practice engine!!

I could only run it for about 7 tanks because the rain sent me back home, but it ran well all along!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Cool

I have to admit to being a little naive thinking this engine would be much faster now, but it was not any faster or slower than it ever was.

Compression is back and the engine idles nicely again! I am not sure I can trust the engine for a race, but at least I got a good practice engine!!

I could only run it for about 7 tanks because the rain sent me back home, but it ran well all along!
could you make me one
Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

man I can't wait to get this car soon!!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH
could you make me one
haha!! I think I can. What engine would that be?
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

haha!! I think I can. What engine would that be?
novarossi rex
Old 08-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Post Sleeve tool

That is a very interesting tool! what part of the piston sleeve are you pinching?
are there any negative effects after pinching the sleeve?

We are also working on some links of interest if you like to add links to the list please let us know at [email protected]

ceramic bearing kit
http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...it-1171-0.html

Dario at Gubbio setup sheet(bottom of the page)
http://www.machinaria.com/TEAM_MAGIC_G4II.html

Rollout Chart creator
http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rollout.html

Lipo Auto Balance RX 1650mah battery pack
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...20&p_catid=140

Brake pads springs(bottom of the page)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...2009-a-39.html

www.machinaria.com

Last edited by MACHINARIA; 08-09-2009 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Default TMRS09 at Brendale.

Once the metal is worn, I found pinching it will only really help while engine is cold as when she heats up, you lose the compression. Good for a practice engine and you might get lucky :0

QLDIC09 - Onto more TM news. Watched the first RS09 go around Brendale in good hands. Belt was rubbing against nova manifold so used a slightly higher engine mount 14mm to try and get manifold out of the way. One way issues too.. LUBE... By latter rounds it looked fast on track and making corners look slow. Looking forward to seeing it on his home track later in the year with a few more laps, performance mods and Kfactory parts. 091 Laps 00:30:07.864.. not bad!!

h
Old 08-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

not sure if this has been asked b4.... wats the springrate for the stock springs?

i presume the springrates will be difference from the old TM springs,,,,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.