R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #526
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

NICE! that clutch shoe is really tempting right now..
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:58 PM   #527
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11 View Post
NICE! that clutch shoe is really tempting right now..
Please note that for the Kfactory K14208 G4 Push Type Teflon Clutch Centrifugal Shoe, you will need to use 3x3mm set screws to add weight.

Best regards
www.machinaria.com
MACHINARIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #528
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up WHAT A CAR !

i just ran 3 tanks with the car for the frist time, no setup or nothing and all i can say is woooooow this car is nice. even on a non prep track the car very ez to drive. i will have it all setup for a race on sunday and them guys better look out this car is going to turn alot of heads
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #529
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH View Post
i just ran 3 tanks with the car for the frist time, no setup or nothing and all i can say is woooooow this car is nice. even on a non prep track the car very ez to drive. i will have it all setup for a race on sunday and them guys better look out this car is going to turn alot of heads
i got my good eye on you smoottth,u better have both eyes on me.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Whats the key to freing ths car up?
It was really bad with the plastic hexes, now ive put on my xray 0 offset hexes and its so much better. It still feels that bit tight

Car has had about half a litre of fuel testing on the track so im wonderingf if it needs a bit more time to free up.
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 AM   #531
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30 View Post
i got my good eye on you smoottth,u better have both eyes on me.
i will see you at the track
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #532
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
It was really bad with the plastic hexes, now ive put on my xray 0 offset hexes and its so much better. It still feels that bit tight

Car has had about half a litre of fuel testing on the track so im wonderingf if it needs a bit more time to free up.
John, it's the rear eccentric belt adjusters...(orange ones) they are very tight in the rear bulkhead when you screw it all together and bind up the rear diff.

Also , make sure the set screw hasn't loosened off the rear belt pulley and the whole lot hasn't shifted across and is rubbing on the rear bulkhead.

Find someone at the track that runs a 1/8th evolva, and then give me a call - they'll have a part you'll need

Good luck for tomorrow !
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:00 AM   #533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
Can someone help me out with some info on a g-4 mongoose
Try www.rcmanufactory.com they helped out heaps when i had my G4's
Old 08-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #534
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Hey Johnny, my car is free cause its 2 years old bro???
Old 08-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #535
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Looking forward to your findings..

SP.. Looking forward to your findings on the 09... Seems so far on track performance is good, the build seems to be causing probs. My g4+ was as tight as the proverbial... Dremelled all the ballies, reemed as much as I could to free it up. This is where the Mugen shines, build it, put on track, Ready To Race. And still no feed back over FLEX and the 4mm plate?

PS; If there is a credit to the TM mark.. it's the solidarity we have here and on track. We dont seem to hold our cards close to chest and help the other TM drivers improve. We're still improving and it's a credit to all the tips and help we get from other TM drivers.
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #536
Tech Adept

Quote:

Clean the thick grease from your bearings with motor spray or such. Clean your bearings of excesive dirt. Throw them all into a bottle in order to shake them all immersed in motor cleanear.

You should notice the liquid will turn a little white (or gray if bearings are too dirty). Then dry them, check with your fingers tips for them to be completely free of grease. This should also allow you to find bad bearings during maintenance.

Then keep bearings lubed with thin oil, such as Acer or Boca bearing oil.

I have been using ceramic bearings since owing a RRR and most of the bearings can also be used in the G4RS.

Those eccentric bearing holders should not be too tight, either.

Other than that, it should be very free by now...
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:45 AM   #537
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Nice bearing tips

A friend recently gave me some plastic sample tapered jars . I used a drill/reamer to place holes at the bottom of one, cut it off at the rim and placed it inside the other. PLace solvent 10mm above the inner, capped it off, added bearings and shook to my hearts content. Grit falls thru holes, saves on solvents too as you can decant the clean stuff away later and flush/wipe away residue. Also put for holes at 90 deg on the sides to let me remove the inner and free surface tension.

h
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #538
Tech Master

had my frist race with the car today and it was not to bad. bobby watson and i are working on the cars setup and it going well. bobby's car was looking goooood i just need a little more track time and some motor
i love this car, thanks machinaria for the great deal on the car
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default First run..

I had my first club day on this car and it is awesome..

TQ'ed the first round and already betted my lap from the nt1 with an 18.6, previously 18.7.

I tried a few ackerman and castor settings in the next 2 rounds to try a solve an power mid corner-corner push and a bit of snap oversteer. I wanted to try the bottom rear roll centre link in the lunch break but we didnt end up having it.

I sat in the final 3rd on the grid and was able to hold that for about 10 mins of the 30 min final but the large tires i started with were just not helping, as the tires wore down i started to put in faster laps and got down to an 18.5. Ended up finishing the race 4th only 3 laps down from first so im very happy with the car.

I feel a lot better now taking this car intersate for a state championshop
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #540
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blis View Post
SP.. Looking forward to your findings on the 09... Seems so far on track performance is good, the build seems to be causing probs. My g4+ was as tight as the proverbial... Dremelled all the ballies, reemed as much as I could to free it up. This is where the Mugen shines, build it, put on track, Ready To Race. And still no feed back over FLEX and the 4mm plate?

PS; If there is a credit to the TM mark.. it's the solidarity we have here and on track. We dont seem to hold our cards close to chest and help the other TM drivers improve. We're still improving and it's a credit to all the tips and help we get from other TM drivers.
You want a Mugen ? - I have one for sale ! LOL!

Harry, we only ran 3 heats and a 15 min final the weekend before last , that was enough to convince us to stay with TM...however I like the flex concept, very easy to remove 2 screws and have this...We really haven't had enough time with the '09 to test this yet.

The 4mm chassis is so much better than that "thin strip of aluminium foil" that was called a chassis on the RS08 that it's not funny...

It looks like now you don't need to check tweak after every run...no wonder TM released the WC kit for the RS08...

Ball ends , arms , actually all parts are a lot smoother fitting than the old car I was explaining to a mate, the difference between them (08 & 09) is pretty big....not just the looks.

Imagine having the drawings and concept to build a supercar - you give 1 set of plans to Daewoo so they build it , then give the same set to Ferrari, Mercedes Benz or BMW - similar concept, totally different outcome....

The RS09 seems - very strange to say this and I'll probably need to wash my mouth, "Xray-ish".... you'll see what I mean when you work on the car....excellent parts fit etc and best of all, works well with a kit set up .
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote