R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #496
Tech Adept
 
gtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Well, looks like I can't resist and will be picking up G4RS.

Being completely new to Team Magic, I have a few questions:

1 - what pinion and spur gears are standard with the G4RS?
2 - what shock and diff oils are standard with the G4RS?
3 - is there a stock setup sheet anywhere?
4 - do TM make shock and diff oils, or do most use other brands?
5 - are there any clutch options for the TM? stiffer clutch spring? harder shoe?
6 - are there any anti-roll bar options (ie, thicker bar)?
7 - is there a TM spring chart anywhere? What are the standard shock springs that come with the car?

Some of the questions have been answered for you, but let me add a few things...

I have been using Team Losi shock oil. They have a nice pack that includes oils from 40 to 100 wt, and I would add 30 wt to it.

You could also use Mugen from 400 to 1000. They use a different number for equivalent viscosity. I would not be sure of this, but I think 400 Mugen is close to 30 Team Losi. I would think that Losi oils would be easier to get to.

I think there is a harder clutch spring (purple) but looks like most have been using the included green. I'd add one setscrew on the far hole of each fly-weight to make for better engagement.

There is a new high grip clutch shoe, that is either coming soon or is already available. You can contact machinaria.com to see if they have those parts already. I have received nothing but good service from Anna.

I do not know about thicker or thinner sway bars yet, but I am sure they are in the works.

As for the springs, if you already have an assortment from Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho or Xray, stick to it and do not bother buying more springs.

Personally, I like the Serpent range and I would use yellow, red, blue and purple. I think white and orange are the lighter ones and would not use them.

I am not sure why, but looks like many drivers, including Dario Balestri, have a preference for non-TM springs, particularly front ones that most brands make shorter units and the coils are closer. I've read they feel more linear. Right now I am using rear purples from Serpent and front orange (1.8mm wire) from TM. Both are on the harder side. My track is fairly smooth. I am using 30 wt Team Losi shock oil to go with them.

Team Magic or K Factory make two sets of shock springs, but I only remember the old range. They are all the same height but differ in wire thickness. They go from 1.3mm to 1.9mm and they are color coded. You can find them all in one nice box, and they cost considerably less than Xray's or Mugen's.
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #497
Tech Adept
 
gtrmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Hello Magic Men!

Does anyone know where I can find a roll out chart for the 09?

If not what sort of F/R split are you guys running?

TY all.
I went lazy and did not prepare a roll out chart.

I use between 2mm and 1mm split.
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:57 PM   #498
Tech Elite
 
Chickentrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Landsborough, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 2,142
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getpip View Post
Hello Magic Men!

Does anyone know where I can find a roll out chart for the 09?

If not what sort of F/R split are you guys running?

TY all.
Easy created at http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rollout.html

Kindest regards,
Lars.
__________________
Support your local RC stores - they support our sport!
Social media – The empowerment of the small individual to enforce democratic process at the expense of dishonesty.
Chickentrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #499
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default TM springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx View Post
Some of the questions have been answered for you, but let me add a few things...

I have been using Team Losi shock oil. They have a nice pack that includes oils from 40 to 100 wt, and I would add 30 wt to it.

You could also use Mugen from 400 to 1000. They use a different number for equivalent viscosity. I would not be sure of this, but I think 400 Mugen is close to 30 Team Losi. I would think that Losi oils would be easier to get to.

I think there is a harder clutch spring (purple) but looks like most have been using the included green. I'd add one setscrew on the far hole of each fly-weight to make for better engagement.

There is a new high grip clutch shoe, that is either coming soon or is already available. You can contact machinaria.com to see if they have those parts already. I have received nothing but good service from Anna.

I do not know about thicker or thinner sway bars yet, but I am sure they are in the works.

As for the springs, if you already have an assortment from Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho or Xray, stick to it and do not bother buying more springs.

Personally, I like the Serpent range and I would use yellow, red, blue and purple. I think white and orange are the lighter ones and would not use them.

I am not sure why, but looks like many drivers, including Dario Balestri, have a preference for non-TM springs, particularly front ones that most brands make shorter units and the coils are closer. I've read they feel more linear. Right now I am using rear purples from Serpent and front orange (1.8mm wire) from TM. Both are on the harder side. My track is fairly smooth. I am using 30 wt Team Losi shock oil to go with them.

Team Magic or K Factory make two sets of shock springs, but I only remember the old range. They are all the same height but differ in wire thickness. They go from 1.3mm to 1.9mm and they are color coded. You can find them all in one nice box, and they cost considerably less than Xray's or Mugen's.
Nova.. My usual setup is TM Turquoise FR / Purple Rear. Its a SOFT setup for the older bitumen we have at England Park (ripples). Moorebank however, I stiffened up to orange TM front and LightBlue rears due to the very smooth track surface and lack of need for "shock" absorption and would have even tried stiffer if I was testing.

As many mentioned, there's nothing special about the TM springs and seems the other brands might have more coils and differing lengths. With the longer arms of the 09, Im assuming it will run stiffer as the FLEX chassis and expanded geometry will absorb some of the shock. The guage of the TM springs may be the same but the metal itself feels stiffer and less malleable.

Standard TM springs:

Lime = 1.2mm
Purple=1.3mm
Pink=1.4mm
Blue=1.5mm
Turq=1.6mm
L-Blue=1.7mm
Orange=1.8mm
Smoke=1.9mm
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:03 AM   #500
Tech Fanatic
 
kickass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sydney
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default The missing Kebab Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx View Post
Some of the questions have been answered for you, but let me add a few things...

I have been using Team Losi shock oil. They have a nice pack that includes oils from 40 to 100 wt, and I would add 30 wt to it.

You could also use Mugen from 400 to 1000. They use a different number for equivalent viscosity. I would not be sure of this, but I think 400 Mugen is close to 30 Team Losi. I would think that Losi oils would be easier to get to.

I think there is a harder clutch spring (purple) but looks like most have been using the included green. I'd add one setscrew on the far hole of each fly-weight to make for better engagement.

There is a new high grip clutch shoe, that is either coming soon or is already available. You can contact machinaria.com to see if they have those parts already. I have received nothing but good service from Anna.

I do not know about thicker or thinner sway bars yet, but I am sure they are in the works.

As for the springs, if you already have an assortment from Serpent, Mugen, Kyosho or Xray, stick to it and do not bother buying more springs.

Personally, I like the Serpent range and I would use yellow, red, blue and purple. I think white and orange are the lighter ones and would not use them.

I am not sure why, but looks like many drivers, including Dario Balestri, have a preference for non-TM springs, particularly front ones that most brands make shorter units and the coils are closer. I've read they feel more linear. Right now I am using rear purples from Serpent and front orange (1.8mm wire) from TM. Both are on the harder side. My track is fairly smooth. I am using 30 wt Team Losi shock oil to go with them.

Team Magic or K Factory make two sets of shock springs, but I only remember the old range. They are all the same height but differ in wire thickness. They go from 1.3mm to 1.9mm and they are color coded. You can find them all in one nice box, and they cost considerably less than Xray's or Mugen's.
Wow all this information for someone that probably wont even buy the car, and even if he does more than likely will on sell it before it hits the track, but say that Michael actually races the car it will only be once or mabe twice before something else lands in his pit bench. In the past 12 months ive seen Michael at the track 3 times and 2 of them he just came to say gidday.
And Bro listen to your voicemail I have returned your calls.
Thomae Coomee outt andd playyyeeeaaay.
__________________
"KicKass "OS" Racing Engines" "capricornrc.com.au"
"RC Arena" Home of "Maxima Fuel"
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #501
Tech Master
 
Sp Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,624
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
Wow all this information for someone that probably wont even buy the car, and even if he does more than likely will on sell it before it hits the track, but say that Michael actually races the car it will only be once or mabe twice before something else lands in his pit bench. In the past 12 months ive seen Michael at the track 3 times and 2 of them he just came to say gidday.
And Bro listen to your voicemail I have returned your calls.
Thomae Coomee outt andd playyyeeeaaay.
LOL!
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 AM   #502
Tech Adept
 
MACHINARIA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Virginia USA
Posts: 103
Default Dario setup sheet at Gubbio 2009

Hello all, you may download Dario's setup sheet from the recent race at Gubbio from our site http://www.machinaria.com/TEAM_MAGIC_G4II.html

Best regards
Anna
www.machinaria.com
__________________
RC Fanatic
I need your help to build an On-Road Track in Virginia USA.
www.machinaria.com
MACHINARIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #503
Tech Addict
 
ltrdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default G-4 help

Can someone help me out with some info on a g-4 mongoose
ltrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 AM   #504
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Fairfield, CT
Posts: 90
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
Can someone help me out with some info on a g-4 mongoose
If you post what you are looking for then they might be able to help.
sebtarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #505
Tech Addict
 
ltrdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default g-4 help

I'm sorry I should have said I was looking to see how old the car was and if parts are still availiable.
ltrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #506
Tech Regular
 
aizenbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
I'm sorry I should have said I was looking to see how old the car was and if parts are still availiable.
you should check team magic g4 page, the g4rs09 is new model the g4 is prob over 5 years old , try wolfhobbies , machinaria.com, or rc mushroom i know that all this companies have all the parts for the g4rs2009 but i dont know about the old g4 maybe Ebay.
__________________
Don't Blame it on the car when you know you cant drive
X_ray Nt_1 08
RRR WC (For sale!!)
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #507
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Russia / Moscow
Posts: 14
Default

Hello!
It is my first nitro car.
What servos is better for using on the chassis?

Please recommend me good engine 0.12
crius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:56 AM   #508
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crius View Post
Hello!
It is my first nitro car.
What servos is better for using on the chassis?

Please recommend me good engine 0.12
I recommend either http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...KOservo2367ics or this http://kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/pr...?prod=JRZ8800S
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:43 PM   #509
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickentrader View Post
Easy created at http://www.orrcaqld.org.au/rollout.html

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Great link ... Thank you Lars.
Pip
__________________
------------------------
Check out my blog: www.pipskiracing.blogspot.com
------------------------
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #510
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrdude View Post
Can someone help me out with some info on a g-4 mongoose
It is a G4 Evo that has a few K factory hop ups.
Based on the 502 platform.
Parts are still available easily from most of the well known HK suppliers. (Aswell as many LHS no doubt)
__________________
------------------------
Check out my blog: www.pipskiracing.blogspot.com
------------------------
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
Team Magic G4 + EVO afm Nitro On-Road 421 08-05-2011 01:31 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Just Hobby 1/10 Onroad GP Sedan Challenge Race 2( 08 March 2009 ) justhobby Singapore R/C Racers 28 04-08-2009 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net