Search
Like Tree3Likes

Team Magic G4RS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
I thought the same ,it helps the car turn in ,the diffs are really small if you look at xrays diff, some guys run 60 to 80,000 in the rear.I will keep you posted .
WOW 100,000 IN THE REAR Why don't you just run a spool in the rearjk.
I use 20,000 and the car has no push and with a spool in the front the car rotates really well in the corners
Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Drivers error

Originally Posted by beta bob
WOW 100,000 IN THE REAR Why don't you just run a spool in the rearjk.
I use 20,000 and the car has no push and with a spool in the front the car rotates really well in the corners
Had settings way off will test again this weekend at Kracewayjoking is a good thing, thats what these threads need sometimes .
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I thought the same ,it helps the car turn in ,the diffs are really small if you look at xrays diff, some guys run 60 to 80,000 in the rear.I will keep you posted .

With the xray diffs yes they are really small compared to others but don't forget xray is european so their oils are rated by cst where as others are rated by csi or something along those lines (it's like metric V's imperial) so really an xray 80k oil maybe similar to another brands 50k etc. I hope i haven't got all this mixed up

With the one way hopefully it is just a bad batch or something. How big is it compared to the RS 08 or other brands one ways? Cause if it's too small maybe they just can't take the heat and forces that they are subjected to. Just a thought
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Grrr, I still haven't been able to take the oneway off the shaft. I tried rotating it the other direction while prying it but all it did was gouge the aluminum shaft badly.

If even a 3 jaw puller doesn't work I'll have to bring it over to either my LHS or my cousins's to cut it open. Hopefully it will, the last time I used it was to pull a shock off its mounting post on my 3000GT .
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Default clutch shoe

Anyone running anything besides the black shoe,lookin for something close to the yellow shoe,or redshoe like to have my clutch on kill mode the blackshoe just doesnt do it for me.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Small cutting wheel

Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11
Grrr, I still haven't been able to take the oneway off the shaft. I tried rotating it the other direction while prying it but all it did was gouge the aluminum shaft badly.

If even a 3 jaw puller doesn't work I'll have to bring it over to either my LHS or my cousins's to cut it open. Hopefully it will, the last time I used it was to pull a shock off its mounting post on my 3000GT .
I would take a dremel with a small cutting wheel becareful though,try an cut the oneway in sections,then you should be able the pull it without damaging the oneway shaft, you may have to use some scotchbright to smooth the shaft.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would take a dremel with a small cutting wheel becareful though,try an cut the oneway in sections,then you should be able the pull it without damaging the oneway shaft, you may have to use some scotchbright to smooth the shaft.
Will try that tonight. The gear puller didn't work, mostly because the rod that's supposed to brace the puller against kept slipping off the 2 spd shaft. Even considering that, I can't believe how hard it's stuck on there...

Last edited by PrimeAKF11; 07-14-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Bobby go with the red shoe & try a harder spring orion/kyosho
Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hello punters not been on in such a long time...... been through personal stuff?!
So whats with the new G4 Spec2 then??
Looks nice.....
Old 07-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

does anyone know where I can get a dust cover for my one way bearing??????
Old 07-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't see the dust cover on the manual....

www.machinaria.com does not have under the parts lists

I don't have the car yet trying to help.

---------

Could some one post some pics of how the wires for the servos and all are routed? thanx
Old 07-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hello punters not been on in such a long time...... been through personal stuff?!
So whats with the new G4 Spec2 then??
Looks nice.....
Hey British how have you been mate? I hope all is well?

What are you driving these days?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Thank you

Originally Posted by gtrmx
What is your rear toe-in setting? Try as little as possible.

What is your front droop setting? Try 4 or 5, assuming you are using 3 per the out-o-box settings. The less down-travel of the front arms the less the car will push under-power...

What camber link position are you using? Try shimming up on the rear upright, under the ball conector, or using one of the lower inside positons. That raises your rear roll center and allows the car to roll less at that end. That should also give you a bit of steering, on and off power...

If you place the ball ends closer to the center line of your sway-bar it has a similar effect to using a thicker bar. Stiffening your rear roll bar will reduce on-power push. Using thicker diff silicon will, too, but 100k sounds a bit too much...

Of course you may already know all of this, and I am a bit intrusive.

I have not had time to put my car together and I am eager to do it (simply too much work and no play), so at least reading your input on how the things above help you (or do not) kind of relieves some of the pain for me...
Thanks man, i looked at everything an did what you said perfect.The car did what i wanted thanks for the information.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by sebtarta
I don't see the dust cover on the manual....

www.machinaria.com does not have under the parts lists

I don't have the car yet trying to help.

---------

Could some one post some pics of how the wires for the servos and all are routed? thanx
Thanx I guess my piece of tape will do for now.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks man, i looked at everything an did what you said perfect.The car did what i wanted thanks for the information.
Thanks for letting me know!! I hope I can be of help from time to time!!

I know people will also be here to give me pointers, so what goes around comes around!!

Glad to help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.