R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #286
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Wow 100k in the rear diff, now that's heavy Wouldn't that contribute to the pushing you already have?
I thought the same ,it helps the car turn in ,the diffs are really small if you look at xrays diff, some guys run 60 to 80,000 in the rear.I will keep you posted .
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #287
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarko View Post
I did not mean upgrade the current car I have ... I meant as in getting the G4RS 09 over the NT1 ...
stripping gears was a bit of a problem for me also when I ran the rs and in the end it all added up to be a few dollars worth , this year to now not once have I stripped a spur gear on my NT1 which definately keeps my wallet happydont get me wrong I really love TM and the G4 but this gear stripping issues really needs to be addressed the rs 09 looks very nice indeed.
cheers
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #288
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizenbelle View Post
Kool man!!! PrimeAKF11 was going to get top 3 too but his oneway got stuck, he said he emailed TM so hopefully we will find out what the deal is with the oneway. He said he had shim his two speed shaft but I dont think this would contribute to the oneway failing do you? have you shimmed yours?. I have not yet shimmed mine and I am hesitant to do it now since I have been doing fine without it. hopefully will find out soon enough.
I got a reply back from TM for this matter. They said they have looked into the problem and think the problem is the oneway bearing itself. They also said that they're planning on using different one-way bearings for the first gear oneway hubs from now on.

I should also mention that TM also offered to send me a new one way hub once it's available and a replacement for the spur gear I stripped.

So keep an eye on your oneway bearings guys; I think I'm going to try using a drop of oneway lube on the bearing for the next race.
PrimeAKF11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #289
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeAKF11 View Post
I got a reply back from TM for this matter. They said they have looked into the problem and think the problem is the oneway bearing itself. They also said that they're planning on using different one-way bearings for the first gear oneway hubs from now on.

I should also mention that TM also offered to send me a new one way hub once it's available and a replacement for the spur gear I stripped.

So keep an eye on your oneway bearings guys; I think I'm going to try using a drop of oneway lube on the bearing for the next race.
great!! , wow they even offered you a gear replacement??. I will keep a close look at mine and will add the lube also.
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #290
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Oneway

Quote:
Kool man!!! PrimeAKF11 was going to get top 3 too but his oneway got stuck, he said he emailed TM so hopefully we will find out what the deal is with the oneway. He said he had shim his two speed shaft but I dont think this would contribute to the oneway failing do you? have you shimmed yours?. I have not yet shimmed mine and I am hesitant to do it now since I have been doing fine without it. hopefully will find out soon enough.
No shims ,alittle play but nothing for me to worry about.Make that oneway lube your best friend.The dust cove should be be in stock soon .
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:

Wow that's pretty good of them to offer to replace the bearing which by the sounds of it are obviously inferiour quality and the spurs you stripped. You should say you stripped 100 of them Be careful you don't put too much on as it can cause it to slip

Just out of curiosity where are the one way bearings made? (should be stamped around the outside of it)
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #292
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Wow that's pretty good of them to offer to replace the bearing which by the sounds of it are obviously inferiour quality and the spurs you stripped. You should say you stripped 100 of them Be careful you don't put too much on as it can cause it to slip

Just out of curiosity where are the one way bearings made? (should be stamped around the outside of it)
I can't even see the oneway bearing because I still haven't been able to separate it from the shaft. But I think JAPAN was stamped on it.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #293
Tech Regular

so it should be of good quality(at least its not made in china!!), ask them for a shaft too
Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #294
Tech Regular

Quote:
I can't even see the oneway bearing because I still haven't been able to separate it from the shaft. But I think JAPAN was stamped on it.
this has only happened to me once about a year ago with my RRR if I remeber correctly the only way I was able to pull it out was to hold the two speed shaft with pliers and turn the oneway the opposite way than pulled it out.
G4+EVO
Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM   #295
Tech Adept

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
I had my first race with the car no gear strip. 3 QFr,s 1 10min main,finished third .I always drop a couple drops of one lube after every round ,especially with a new car. The only thing was the car had a on power push.But i have more testing but overall the car is fast.I ran used a motor that wasnt the greatest but got the job done. Also has anyone experience an on power push,may go to 100,000 in the rear diff.
What is your rear toe-in setting? Try as little as possible.

What is your front droop setting? Try 4 or 5, assuming you are using 3 per the out-o-box settings. The less down-travel of the front arms the less the car will push under-power...

What camber link position are you using? Try shimming up on the rear upright, under the ball conector, or using one of the lower inside positons. That raises your rear roll center and allows the car to roll less at that end. That should also give you a bit of steering, on and off power...

If you place the ball ends closer to the center line of your sway-bar it has a similar effect to using a thicker bar. Stiffening your rear roll bar will reduce on-power push. Using thicker diff silicon will, too, but 100k sounds a bit too much...

Of course you may already know all of this, and I am a bit intrusive.

I have not had time to put my car together and I am eager to do it (simply too much work and no play), so at least reading your input on how the things above help you (or do not) kind of relieves some of the pain for me...
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #296
Tech Adept

Quote:
this has only happened to me once about a year ago with my RRR if I remeber correctly the only way I was able to pull it out was to hold the two speed shaft with pliers and turn the oneway the opposite way than pulled it out.
A friend of mine once replaced the one-way bearing of a team losi XXX-S' front one-way...

He simply walked into a bearing store, with the part in hand, and they were able to find the replacemente in-stock...

Of course it takes some finess to remove the part and putting it back in place, but if you want to try it, I guess heating up the one-way housing could help to remove the deffective part, if the housing is not already damaged...

The part he used for replacement had Germany stamped on it...
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #297
Tech Addict

Quote:
I thought the same ,it helps the car turn in ,the diffs are really small if you look at xrays diff, some guys run 60 to 80,000 in the rear.I will keep you posted .
bobby u got pm
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #298
Tech Regular

Wink

Quote:
No shims ,alittle play but nothing for me to worry about.Make that oneway lube your best friend.The dust cove should be be in stock soon .
do you know what the part number for the dust cover is? all I have been using since I got the car is a piece of tape to cover my oneway. Please let me know and thanx in advance.
G4+EVO
Old 07-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:

There's the answer. I have found a one way from japan once to be faulty aswell. I have found one-ways to be made in germany to be the best quality You have to admit z germans do it better. Definately turning it the opposite way and pulling it all at once should get it off. Maybe give it a drop of lube if it's stubborn. Hope that helps
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #300
Tech Addict

Still... my past 3 nitro tourers (including a G4RS 08) all used oneways that were made in Japan and never gave me any kind of trouble. Since TM is looking into changing the bearings on their G4RS 09 kits, I'm hoping that this could be chalked up to a bad batch or supplier.