R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #1666
abi
Tech Adept

No, there are two of us still racing this chassis!

I personally like the car, its light, adjustable, made from high quality parts that fit perfect and its strong.

Bad points, .. well its unsupported it the market place by the factory, its not raced by anyone of significance, has not had a factory hop-up release since the K Factory HD arms back in late 2010, no set-ups to help the newb, TM web site which has not had an update for 2 years, it goes on!

There is talk of a new car on the way but who knows. Without factory drivers TM will be wasting there time I feel, they should just stick to drift cars and RTR's, global competition in 1/10 onroad is for the top dog manufacturers who stick it out, TM are not in this group. Anyway 1/10 nitro onroad is going through dificult times ATM, the least popular of all RC car types so not a bad time to bow out I feel.

Good luck with your 09, its every bit as good as an R4 or NT1 I recon.

Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4.Tragic View Post
Am i the only person still with this car?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #1667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
No, there are two of us still racing this chassis!

I personally like the car, its light, adjustable, made from high quality parts that fit perfect and its strong.

Bad points, .. well its unsupported it the market place by the factory, its not raced by anyone of significance, has not had a factory hop-up release since the K Factory HD arms back in late 2010, no set-ups to help the newb, TM web site which has not had an update for 2 years, it goes on!

There is talk of a new car on the way but who knows. Without factory drivers TM will be wasting there time I feel, they should just stick to drift cars and RTR's, global competition in 1/10 onroad is for the top dog manufacturers who stick it out, TM are not in this group. Anyway 1/10 nitro onroad is going through dificult times ATM, the least popular of all RC car types so not a bad time to bow out I feel.

Good luck with your 09, its every bit as good as an R4 or NT1 I recon.

Adrian
abi:

I still have everything, just never got around to do anything serious with the 2009... I thought you might have joined the LAB-C02 brigade over the off season with you being so quite.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 02-07-2012, 03:17 AM   #1668
abi
Tech Adept

Hey Andrew, I do often drool over the CO2's at our club meetings and i also frequent the thread here on Tech but I'm too well stocked with TM parts to cut and run just yet so it's RS09 for me for a long while yet. Becides, I genuinely belive the 09 is a good piece of kit and well beond my capabilities.

Go the mighty TM!

On another point, do we know if TM had anything at the Toy Fair just gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
abi:

I still have everything, just never got around to do anything serious with the 2009... I thought you might have joined the LAB-C02 brigade over the off season with you being so quite.

Take Care
Andrew
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #1669
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
Hey Andrew, I do often drool over the CO2's at our club meetings and i also frequent the thread here on Tech but I'm too well stocked with TM parts to cut and run just yet so it's RS09 for me for a long while yet. Becides, I genuinely belive the 09 is a good piece of kit and well beond my capabilities.

Go the mighty TM!

On another point, do we know if TM had anything at the Toy Fair just gone?
Adrian,

I think you are right, the more i looked at the 09 with a few KFactory parts it will still be a good car. I was close to using this for this season in my return to full time racing, but i had some issues and when a different way.

Re: Toy Fair

I didn't read or see anything said about Team Magic at the Toy Fair. Maybe Team Magic have gone back to the drawing boards after seeing the MTX5 and new HB nitro sedan and the lay down servos.

Take care
Andrew
Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #1670
Tech Addict

I'm looking to getting back into racing nitro touring this year and I don't want to spend a lot just for club racing. How competitive is the G4 compared to the other cars on the market?

Last edited by Bubblehead; 02-19-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #1671
Tech Addict

For the money how does the G4 measure up?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #1672
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

just buy a used nt1,mtx5,hk-1 but not that, you got to buy alot of hopup i had a G4 RS09 don't wast your time and you will never be able to sell it
RANDY SMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #1673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

The g4rs09 was a great car just its hard to find setup and support for it.
I have one thats pretty much brand new which was a spare car minus the clutch for $150 if anyone wants it
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #1674
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANDY SMOOTH View Post
just buy a used nt1,mtx5,hk-1 but not that, you got to buy alot of hopup i had a G4 RS09 don't wast your time and you will never be able to sell it
The G4 has fallen off that much in 2 years?

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/wb_main....id=35&pageno=1
Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 AM   #1675
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr View Post
The g4rs09 was a great car just its hard to find setup and support for it.
I have one thats pretty much brand new which was a spare car minus the clutch for $150 if anyone wants it
Agree.... the rest is all marketing bullshit, at the end of the day if you spend enough time learning the track and your car and making adjustments to suit you will be on the pace.

Yes, some cars are easier to drive out of the box, I out this down to some brands having a bigger R/D budget for their "team" drivers to get things right before it hits the shelves. End result is no car is perfect, pick one and enjoy it for what it is... I have been on this search for perfection for last 10 years, I have a nice collection of cars now and that is it! My most enjoyable time was with my Kyosho V-One R, i thought it was the best thing from sliced bread, and looking back i think it was the time i spent practicing and trying different things.

Wish i was younger and had more days in a week!

Enjoy your R/C & take care
Andrew
Old 05-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #1676
Tech Adept

when will the new Team Magic 1/10 nitro car or sale
or there will be no new tenth 200mm more of tm
peter. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #1677
Tech Addict

I don't think Team Magic is coming out with anything new. I have the ready run G4 thinking of getting the 2009.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #1678
Tech Elite

Hi

How do you activate the flex option with the 2009 G4RS? I have heard you remove two screws, can someone explain it too me please.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 05-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #1679
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to Joe Kimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

How do you activate the flex option with the 2009 G4RS? I have heard you remove two screws, can someone explain it too me please.

Thanks
Andrew
Mr Bundy Bear, I sent you a PM a little while ago. I would be very appreciative to have a reply, Thank you.
Joe Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #1680
Tech Rookie

I drive a G4RS i do admit setup was tricky, but that sorted out now the car performs amazingly, on a straight i have more acceleration and top speed then then the serpent and capricorn, cornering it sticks as if its on rails no matter how hard i push it. Spares are luckly not a problem as im the official importer for my country. Trying to build the brand. But there are no complains at all. Its an older chassis but it can easily keep up with all the new kits in addition to that its a tough kit, so if we have some crashes i usually just keep on racing while others have to go off.

The belts on the kit are also great, have seen the capricorns and new mugens loose belts all the time, while i race on a single set of belts for around 6 months.
winieckiar is offline   Reply With Quote