R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #1531
Tech Rookie
 
frasny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 2
Default

Hello,

I would insert with pleasure a front Diff. Which Pully I must use for it. In the manual I find no information.
If my bad English excuses please, I am from Germany.
Thank you for the help.

Greeting Olli
frasny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:46 AM   #1532
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frasny View Post
Hello,

I would insert with pleasure a front Diff. Which Pully I must use for it. In the manual I find no information.
If my bad English excuses please, I am from Germany.
Thank you for the help.

Greeting Olli
Just use the standard spool pulley, you will need to delete the thin pulley backing used with the spool though.

Adrian
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #1533
Tech Rookie
 
frasny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 2
Default

Thank you

Greeting Olli
frasny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #1534
Tech Adept
 
NitoriousRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Shock ing confusion!

Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

Theres also the two different bottom spring retainer thingos

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Any help would be appreciated~

Cheers~
NitoriousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:19 AM   #1535
Tech Apprentice
 
flynia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Canberra
Posts: 57
Default Shocking!

Hey Nitro,

Here is the page from the G4RS 09 Manual. Hope it helps

__________________
Team Magic G4RS 2009 / K Factory K1007-3 Body Shell
RB T10-RC Engine and EFRA 2659 Pipe Set
Hitec Servos - HS-7775MG (Throttle) and HS-7965MG (Steering)
LRP LiPo RX PACK AAA HUMP 1700 RX 7.4v with MuchMore MRG-5A Regulator
KO PROPO EX-10 EURUS Transmitter with KR-407S Receiver
flynia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #1536
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitoriousRC View Post
Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

Theres also the two different bottom spring retainer thingos

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Any help would be appreciated~

Cheers~
These 09 cars have an issue with too little droop in the front, that is the shocks go into full extension befor the car reaches the desired front droop. I,m guessing the longer shafts go in the front shocks.

Adrian
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:44 AM   #1537
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default Who recons the body posts should be moved?

I find the front posts are too far forward and the rear posts are too high.

Due to this my bodies tend to sit down on the rear shock tower and also the front posts are into the curve of the headlight area. Just did a Blitz Cruze body and found to be like this.

5th post is good being at the windscreen base.

Anyone else find this?
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #1538
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi View Post
I find the front posts are too far forward and the rear posts are too high.

Due to this my bodies tend to sit down on the rear shock tower and also the front posts are into the curve of the headlight area. Just did a Blitz Cruze body and found to be like this.

5th post is good being at the windscreen base.

Anyone else find this?
+1
__________________
------------------------
Check out my blog: www.pipskiracing.blogspot.com
------------------------
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #1539
Tech Regular
 
getpip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitoriousRC View Post
Hi all, I have taken all my shocks off to clean them and replace the oils and i didnt make a good note of what bits went where~

Two shocks have gold shafts (not sure if this was standard or an after market thing as mine was s/h)

Theres also the two different bottom spring retainer thingos

So which shocks go on the front and back ... gold front silver shaft on the back?

Also which spring retainer bottoms go where .... one lot are cone shapped the other flat with lots of holes.

Mate has the same car and did the same thing ... but he found he also has two different types of bladders in the shocks ... yet to check if mine is the same.

The different shock bottom spring holder thingos i remember was similar with the Kyosho V1rr ... if i remember right its so there is two different lengths ...(maybe so it can use the same height springs all round) with perhaps the shorter gap for the front because there is less weight ????

Any help would be appreciated~

Cheers~
They sound like they may be mugen shocks?
__________________
------------------------
Check out my blog: www.pipskiracing.blogspot.com
------------------------
getpip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:31 PM   #1540
Tech Adept
 
NitoriousRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynia View Post
Hey Nitro,

Here is the page from the G4RS 09 Manual. Hope it helps

I have the manual

It looks like these second hand cars have both been changed a lil bit so disregard my above mutterings lol.

Looks like the o-rings were replaced and titanium shafts added on a set on each ... and they dont appear to be leaking a bit like the others!


As for the body mounts .. yeah a bit too far forward at the front and also a bit too high at the back .... but at the back you can always remove the plates from the posts and replace with o'rings i guess.
NitoriousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #1541
abi
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hawkesbury, NSW, Australia.
Posts: 108
Default TM 1/10th car proto at toy fair.

Wow, see related post here in the onroad sction, looks very un TM! Gone is the tradmark tank shape and lay-down throttle servo and also the Xray type steer servo orientation.

Looks like our 09 chassis's had a short life! The previous G4's carried on for years.

Oh well.
__________________
Team Magic tragic. G4S RTR, G4S, G4S+Evo, 3 x RS09's.
OS Speed, Spektrum.
abi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #1542
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

New Team Magic coming on 1/10 ... anyone with more info ? :



cya !
__________________
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #1543
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
New Team Magic coming on 1/10 ... anyone with more info ? :



cya !
sorry but that car is the new mugen mtx-5
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #1544
Tech Adept
 
Rawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brasilia, Brazil
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocca30 View Post
sorry but that car is the new mugen mtx-5
What makes you say that?
Rawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #1545
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Very close but the Mugen has a different tank and it has a laydown throttle servo. Check out post #299

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...tx-5-a-20.html
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/ISLANDSPEEWAY/
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
‘FWR Racing Season’ FWR Northwest Racers 11302 08-23-2015 07:38 PM
Team Magic G4 + EVO afm Nitro On-Road 421 08-05-2011 01:31 PM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 02:50 PM
Just Hobby 1/10 Onroad GP Sedan Challenge Race 2( 08 March 2009 ) justhobby Singapore R/C Racers 28 04-08-2009 10:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:17 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net