R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default G4+ battery changing problem

I got a G4+ second hand last year but was off season so never try the car yet ... and now i just got the car out and try it... TM cars only can put their own 1100mah Ni-MH battery and I got a 2 big power consumption servo so the battery won't stay long... Then i bought 2 more of the battery so I can play whole day outside without charging the battery. The problem is that I need to take the fuel tank out then take the CF upper deck off, remove the linkage, and also the screw from the chassis so i take it up and then unscrew the batter mount to exchange a new battery... Anyone know is there a way or a easy remove battery chassis that fit the G4+ can easily change the battery without unscrew everything out to just change a battery.

I like the X-ray battery design that can remove the battery from the chassis with just 2 screws ... unlike TM ... i think all the nitro car they have is same way to put the batter ...
skyshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyshen View Post
I got a G4+ second hand last year but was off season so never try the car yet ... and now i just got the car out and try it... TM cars only can put their own 1100mah Ni-MH battery and I got a 2 big power consumption servo so the battery won't stay long... Then i bought 2 more of the battery so I can play whole day outside without charging the battery. The problem is that I need to take the fuel tank out then take the CF upper deck off, remove the linkage, and also the screw from the chassis so i take it up and then unscrew the batter mount to exchange a new battery... Anyone know is there a way or a easy remove battery chassis that fit the G4+ can easily change the battery without unscrew everything out to just change a battery.

I like the X-ray battery design that can remove the battery from the chassis with just 2 screws ... unlike TM ... i think all the nitro car they have is same way to put the batter ...

what?????????
ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS REMOVE THE FUEL TANK!!
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Quote:

all you need to do is remove the Fuel tank to remove the battery,

One more thing,, you should post in the Team Magic G4 thread to get faster answers
G4+EVO
Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizenbelle View Post
all you need to do is remove the Fuel tank to remove the battery,

One more thing,, you should post in the Team Magic G4 thread to get faster answers
really? just the fuel tank? thought would be too tight to get it out or put the battery in ...
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Quote:
really? just the fuel tank? thought would be too tight to get it out or put the battery in ...
yeah just the fuel tank and you pull the battery out from the tank hole not toward the belt. You will have to push the bottom of the battery pack towards the inside of the car so you can get it from the thank hole at first it will seem hard but once you get used to is it is pretty simple.
G4+EVO
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

i see u are in doubt with tm1100mah batteries capability. me n 3 other racers use them for a whole day race in a single 0.1A charge. 3 heats, 45mins final, not bad for a 7 month old batteries eh?
nazwenhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazwenhome View Post
i see u are in doubt with tm1100mah batteries capability. me n 3 other racers use them for a whole day race in a single 0.1A charge. 3 heats, 45mins final, not bad for a 7 month old batteries eh?
it's nice that that the battery is deisgn for race which stands an hour (TM's description) and ya .. their batteries are great i like it just the capacity not much for playing whole day long when the track has no power can charge the battery...
Old 06-18-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizenbelle View Post
yeah just the fuel tank and you pull the battery out from the tank hole not toward the belt. You will have to push the bottom of the battery pack towards the inside of the car so you can get it from the thank hole at first it will seem hard but once you get used to is it is pretty simple.
thanks man .. I'll try it other day ... i never know that xD lots of ppl does the same thing that remove everything while changing the battery .. u sure help a lot of ppl to solve the problem ...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:25 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic

yeah, he always does
Old 06-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and toss those TM packs away before you have a real issue with a run away. I strongly suggest you get hold of some good quality AAA NMH cells and make a pack up your self using the TM battery bracket. You could either wrap it in heatshrink or just use electrical tape.

I don't know what TM use, but the cells are junk and the wiring has a habbit of falling apart as well.

Enjoy
BB
Old 06-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic

it seems nice to see the outer cover, but when u unpack the battery, u'll be shock to see the 800mah labeled outside is actually 1000mah printed inside. that's is serious they are.