R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho V-1 Evo 2.0 or G4 II

Hi all, I'm torn at what I want my first TC to be at the comp level. I've been in the hobby for a few years with some RTR's that I've torn apart and put back together to learn them like the back of my hand, but now after seeing some races, I'm stoked to get into it. It's a totally different atmosphere and really gets your adrenaline pumping.

Which of the two should I go for? I know it's all about the driver, but the two I'm torn between are the RRR Evo 2, or the G4II. My LHS is stocked up the wazoo with Kyosho parts, but I'm really loving the G4II. I hate to add another one of these "what car" threads, but does anyone have an expected release date from wolfhobbies on the G4II?

Any other kits you guys recommend?

TIA
RCTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTP View Post
Hi all, I'm torn at what I want my first TC to be at the comp level. I've been in the hobby for a few years with some RTR's that I've torn apart and put back together to learn them like the back of my hand, but now after seeing some races, I'm stoked to get into it. It's a totally different atmosphere and really gets your adrenaline pumping.

Which of the two should I go for? I know it's all about the driver, but the two I'm torn between are the RRR Evo 2, or the G4II. My LHS is stocked up the wazoo with Kyosho parts, but I'm really loving the G4II. I hate to add another one of these "what car" threads, but does anyone have an expected release date from wolfhobbies on the G4II?

Any other kits you guys recommend?

TIA
G4II
Kyosho RRR Evo
Xray NT1

Any of this cars will do , If you read what Dario said about the G4II than you should get it.
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

well you would have to wait for the g4II cant really tell you if its good or not before the car is even out...
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

True RCRev. My biggest concern is how people make do with replacement parts on the Team Magic Kits. I'm sure I'll be okay if I only end up racing once or twice a week.

I'm sure it can get expensive if there's shipping involved if I have to buy everytime from Wolfhobbies lol.

I'm thinking of the NT1 as well since my LHS carries parts from them as well. I just kinda like the uniqueness concept cuz I don't think many guys into racing TM kits around my way.. see a lot of NT1's and definitely a lot of RRR's

Edit: Btw, I see you still selling the G4RS. How is that giong? lol
Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Tech Master

sigh dont even mention that car, I have it for more than $100 off retail and no one is interested...

If the G4RS 2009 is anything like all previous models then it doesnt break often, and if you order parts in a bundle u save money on shipping.

I dont have any shop around me that sells TM parts, BUT i dont have any local shops period, Brooklyn hobbies sells mugen parts and such, but Bridgeport, CT to Brooklyn isnt exactly local...

btw what did dario say about the g4rs 2009? do you have a linkie?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Wow, I was at Brooklyn Hobbies today. I was considering getting the RRR today but I didn't wanna do it on impulse cuz I wanted to check up on their stock of TM replacement parts.

You race a Mugen?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Tech Master

no but people always say get what your lhs carries, well what if you dont have a lhs like me?

i dont think BK hobbies carries TM but im sure they will order stuff for you, but you can order stuff yourself and save the middle man time..
Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
Tech Rookie

I should just go with the Evo+ since we all know it's a winner along with some brushless futaba servos x2 red dot with a tuned pipe and we're good to go lol
Old 06-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
Tech Master

hell you should just go with the g4rs because even that is still winning races and you can get mine for alot cheaper

im getting out of on-road
Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #10
Tech Rookie

If it wasn't built already, I'd be all over it, but I need to know this kit :P

I'll take yoru HUD and set up tools off your hands though lol
Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #11
Tech Master

lol, just because its built? it has the manual with it take it all apart and rebuild it if you must...

if I ever do get back into onroad we'll meet up one day and race, do you go to floyd bennet field?
Old 06-14-2009, 08:05 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

I've been there to watch but with nothing worthy of dropping on the track. I woudln't dare take out my slightly moded RTR's out of my car in fear of making myself look like a noob
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #13
Tech Master

get my kit, when you get it take it all apart, put it back together and there ya go!, trust me no matter what you go with these cars are getting easier and easier to work on, the g4rs for example 5 screws and the entire radio tray is off with the servos and everything on it.

car is very simple to work on, I would take it apart for you, but you risk loosing parts that way.