R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-13-2002, 09:45 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to vthondaboi Send a message via Yahoo to vthondaboi
Default show youw knowledge of radios & servos!

ok guys I would like to know what brand and model of servos to use on my 2001 impact I just bought. The guy who had it before had some crappy ass futaba's which sell for 15 bucks a pop. I'm looking for something int he 60 dollar range but I am willing to go for $100 if it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

Also Is there a difference between the Futaba 3pdf, KO Mars EX1 or the Aitroniccs M8. I'm not taling about little features but a performance diffference.
vthondaboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:02 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

there isn't a performance differance between the radios you listed, unless its a PCM version. Then it will be alittle less prone to getting interferance. For the throttle breaking servo you would want a high torque servo so you can maintain breaking power. Speed isn't really that important on a throttle servo, if you do end up getting a high speed servo you may want to dial down the speed of the servo so you don't squeal the tires and have a flame out on the engine. A steering servo for the impact needs to be over 80oz of torque at 6 volts and you probably want a servo with under .14 speed at 6 volts. Also a digital servo for steering is probably a really good idea because they center better then analog servos.
Distroey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:07 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Default re:

ko propo fet servos are the best.

Last edited by carpet_killa; 02-13-2002 at 10:10 PM.
carpet_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:08 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

oh yah you can't go wrong with these servos:
94755Z -steering
S9450 - steering
HS-5925MG - steering
HS-5945MG - throttle
Old 02-13-2002, 10:33 PM   #5
Tech Regular

thanks guys

any other suggestions out there? I was hoping to stay with the Hitec 605mg. It has about 77oz of torque and seems decent. Plus it''s only $40.

Will Hitec servos work with Futaba radios?
Old 02-13-2002, 10:45 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

JR Digital

Regarding Hitec, dont see why they wont, may have to mess with the connector. I dont think Hitec and Futuba use the same one, but i could be wrong. If they are the same, then just plug it in to the receiver and you are good to go.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #7
Tech Regular

i got the hitec 605mg as a recommendation for steering and the JR Z4750? for the throttle. Never knoew the throttle servo would cost so much.
Old 02-13-2002, 11:31 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to VinDollar Send a message via Yahoo to VinDollar

I have a futaba 9252 digital for steering and a futaba 9101 for throttle and brake but could stand an upgrade there. I think the steering is the most important by far so spend a lot on steering and you can skimp on the throttle until you ready shell out the additional funds.
VinDollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 12:18 AM   #9
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

I have JR Z8450 0.08/60d, 98oz of torque besides it is digital servo it has great holding power. The fact is you need good holding power servo for your impact because when you are doing highspeed cornering you need that kind of holding power to hold your front steering wheel to where it's supposed to be! I think it is very good without glitches!

I heard hitec servos have glitches with certain radio but I dont know which brand!

In terms of throttle servo, you just need standard servo since the carb dont need high torque or high speed and on the brake side, I assum your impact has front oneway then you cant use heavy brake. So a standard servo will do!
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:47 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by vthondaboi
thanks guys

any other suggestions out there? I was hoping to stay with the Hitec 605mg. It has about 77oz of torque and seems decent. Plus it''s only $40.

Will Hitec servos work with Futaba radios?
The 605 centers poorly, it wouldn't be bad for a throttle servo but you really do need a digital servo for steering. Also, hitec connectors are compatible with futaba j without mods