What major moddifications have you done to your NTC3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What major moddifications have you done to your NTC3

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

What is the ROAR rules for how heavy a car must be?

It sounds like your car is awsome!!!!! What type of tires do you run? (company)

Later,

- Dust
Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: my ntc3

Originally posted by bowtieluv1
its not fair to discredit the ntc3 or rag on a ntc3. all kits have there flaws ,look how many times barry baker has took home the gold,running a ntc3.granite the fix is a must for the front and rear shocktowers,and using set screws for the pillow balls helps also.
the car is still a fast car.my ntc3 with no fuel weighs 1735 grams,
i have golden horizons chassis ,carbon fiber upperdeck,kfactory front bumper brace (good idea).k factory low profile tank.i run a jr dz855o ( i think thats it) for steering and a hitec hs 525 mg for throttle.with a stock rb x .12 ,and the stock single chamber pipe

Fast as Hell I agree even with an RB C12 but control is something to get used to with this one. My new Hop up for my used/New NTC3 kit was a curb that I drifted into(in a large parking lot). Pipe side front and rear cvd's rims steering blocks and tank are done in.For the price I paid I won't complain for the fact that i've owned an RC10 Gt for a year and a half I was disappointed in the durability. I would have thought the NTC3 wouldn't be as weak as everyone had said.Fast as any kit I've seen as long as it doesn't hit anything broadside. How good is the K factory tank as far as durabilty? Looks like a Great upgrade but if i kill it from the pipe crunching it,it would be a bad investment $12vs$40. Are there rubber baby buggy bumpers upgrades to protect the car from less adept drivers at least till I get used to the torque steering?

Last edited by Fisher890; 01-10-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RE:MY TC3

i believe the roar limit is 1725 grams for wieght minimum
i run jaco nitro shoes ,corallis ,and sometimes the take offs.
i seem to have the best result with the nitro shoes. with the 30 mm 0 degree offsets in the rear,you have to grind a little bit off of the hub carrie to fit other than that no prob.as for the k -factory tank , i have heard they are brittle ive seen many people brek them but luckily i havent had the pleasure .im also looking to get the k-factory left side brace which will protect the tank from side swiping hacks .i also have another ntc3 that is stock except for the fix on the front and rear ,that has a top engine in it ,that car is way fast --
Old 08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Modified Diff Cases

I bought a used NTC3 with a mod I cannot find elsewhere. The 4 screws were removed from the top and bottom of the diff cases, fairly near the input shaft. In their place was 2 very long hardened steel screws that entered on the bottom of the chassis and screwed all the way through the bottom and top of the diff cases with 1/2 inch of thread sticking out of the top of the cases. Then, aluminum threaded tubes were screwed down and tightened against the top of the diff cases. Then, the shock tower was pushed over the threaded tubes. The fit is tight and the tubes are just long enough to be flush with the top of the shock tower. Screws and washers were screwed down into the threaded tubes. Weight gain is minimal - strength gain is very significant!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gr8rcfan
I bought a used NTC3 with a mod I cannot find elsewhere. The 4 screws were removed from the top and bottom of the diff cases, fairly near the input shaft. In their place was 2 very long hardened steel screws that entered on the bottom of the chassis and screwed all the way through the bottom and top of the diff cases with 1/2 inch of thread sticking out of the top of the cases. Then, aluminum threaded tubes were screwed down and tightened against the top of the diff cases. Then, the shock tower was pushed over the threaded tubes. The fit is tight and the tubes are just long enough to be flush with the top of the shock tower. Screws and washers were screwed down into the threaded tubes. Weight gain is minimal - strength gain is very significant!
That is a version of the fix that somebody came up with. Many people then used it. The threaded tubes are an Associated part off of a 12th scale. Part 4442.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

I've only done a few things with mine like shocks and engine head and pipe... I find that NTC3's are great but not until you get them there. They either suck or kick ass. Mine sucked for about 1 year, and after doing probably 40+ experiments with different setting and the like. Now, it kicks ass! I dont race at clubs on a competive level, but i do at a parking lot near my house with a few buds... They were making fun of my car for ages till I came with it setup perfectly and SMOKED them. From my experience NTC3's suck, unless you get them setup in your own perfect way. Then they rock.