Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 >

Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10

Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10

Old 06-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10

Now two great cars are at the door! I can't buy them both because it's hard enough to get used to one car and find the right set-ups and little tricks that work only for that special car.

So as I'm not very experienced in 1/10 200mm (I'm driving this class for one year now before I was driving 1/10 sedan electric) could anyone give me some pros and cons for this two cars just from pictures??

Regards, Lojz
Old 06-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Geberit
Now two great cars are at the door! I can't buy them both because it's hard enough to get used to one car and find the right set-ups and little tricks that work only for that special car.

So as I'm not very experienced in 1/10 200mm (I'm driving this class for one year now before I was driving 1/10 sedan electric) could anyone give me some pros and cons for this two cars just from pictures??

Regards, Lojz
I can only list pro's from our side , maybe Josh can add some more points.
  • Very easy maintenance
  • Developed and tested by the world champion
  • Better break system
Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

my vote would be velox because i see that velox has more inovations in the car than the serpent....
Old 06-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
my vote would be velox because i see that velox has more inovations in the car than the serpent....
In your opinion what are those most outstanding innovations on the V10 besides the break system?
Old 06-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In your opinion what are those most outstanding innovations on the V10 besides the break system?
If it is still as per the original design the front droop adjuster is separate from the sway bar. An upper rear arm with hinge pin, Should be stronger and have less play and also ease of roll centre adjustment. Appears to be a very open plan at the front of the car as far as the radio tray is concerned which in turn looks as though you have good access to the front diff.
R , Noel
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Regards, Lojz
Both cars look amazing & have very good features. Since you only have a year in nitro don't jump the gun I would wait to see how parts availability & what local drivers are actually driving should give you a better idea & also help in set ups. Were not world champions or drive like them so I don't base my purchase off that
Good Luck
Old 06-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, I typed a reply and RCTech ate it...lol... Let's try again!

Pieter and Batto are right about some of the features of the V10. I really like the brakes in the 1/8 car and I'm sure they will work great in the 1/10. Also, I really like the hinge pin rear upper a-arm. Everything looks super easy to work on and the great features from the 1/8 have carried over and even have been improved in a lot of areas.

As far as support, we've had a lot of interest in the car already (and a lot of pre-orders with no pricing even yet!) but we do plan to support the car heavily as we really need a 1/10 to compliment the 1/8 for racers who run both catagories. We have the new CEFX web site up now where we will have all the race reports, set-up sheets, tech articles and hopefully some other new/cool stuff so racers can find all the info they need and want about the Shepherd cars.

On a side note - To race at a top level, our cars and set-ups have to be extremely good as there are a lot of good drivers out there. Some say you can't use our set-ups but I disagree as race cars have to do certain things around a race track with proper balance and traction to handle and perform well. A lot of the time I hear racers say "it's just me" when really it's not, it's their car and recognizing that and using a good set-up can go a long way to building your feel and confidence around the track. There are minor adjustments that you can make to change the "feel" of the car for ones particular driving style but really a balanced set-up is what all racers need to enjoy racing their cars.

I am sure which ever car you choose it will be a great car and you will enjoy yourself racing it!!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here in our country the majority is driving 1/8 scale and only a few 1/10 and almost all the good drivers are into the 1/8 so I can't get any help from the 1/10 since they are worse drivers then I am I wish for more competition in next season when I will drive State championship in Austria there are some really good drivers hope to learn new things there

For the spare parts ... in Slovenia it is easier to get Shepherd parts (1/8) then Serpent (1/8) since all the Serpent drivers complain for the lack of material long waiting waiting times. Shepherd drivers get their parts in 3-4 days and everything is on stock since a colleague is a team driver of them:

http://www.team-shepherd.com/en/inde...d=79&Itemid=45

Regards, Lojz
Old 06-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

i am suggesting the velox more because of the things mentioned above and also because the velox seems to be more original
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer*
i am suggesting the velox more because of the things mentioned above and also because the velox seems to be more original
How can anybody vote when nobody but the factory drivers have even driven the cars much less even seen the cars in person.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent 733 vs. Shepherd Velox V10 - This is the name of the thread right??...lol... I don't think the Serpent is out yet either but correct me if I am wong...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMSorber
I can only list pro's from our side , maybe Josh can add some more points.
  • Very easy maintenance
  • Developed and tested by the world champion
  • Better break system

If he is as inexperienced as he says, have a break system is not a good idea...
Old 06-14-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i think the problem lies in the person who asked the question. maybe not knowing that one or either of the cars arent out yet. while the serpent is in production, it is not on the market yet. so it hasnt been race proven yet, the durability hasnt been tested yet, the adaptability for all different tracks also hasnt been proven. so no one, doesnt matter who you are, can make such a comparison. so at the moment, you just have here say. so no such comparison can be made.
looking at drawings, and pre release pics, both cars have different features, where on the day can make them a bit easier to work on, setup , or maintain.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think its just comon sense..... wait till all tests are done, and the results will speak for themselves!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Please no need to argue. I know the cars are not out yet I'm not stupid

But still many things can be foreseen from the pictures, maybe not how the car handles but how easy it is to work on or how easy and quick it is to change a setting and so on.

But I agree that the average drivers will give the real feedback for the majority. Because for example you can have a super fast car that is very nervous to drive and only the best drivers will be successful wit it. On the other hand a car can be very easy to drive and a wider range of drivers can handle it good.

That is my opinion.

But I wont wait for so long and will buy the V10 because of the accessible parts and emotional feeling

Regards, Lojz

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.