R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
while the serpent is in production......
Is that so? ... Clarify production.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
Is that so? ... Clarify production.
Production as in: Delivery scheduled second half july (as was already stated on Serpents website).

The car that ran in Bumod was 90% production parts. The diff housings are a notable exception as they were redesigned in the seal area. Those molds were finished 2 weeks ago only the parts didn't get to Bumod in time.

Haven't seen any statement from Shepherd for a delivery date...
Old 06-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post

Haven't seen any statement from Shepherd for a delivery date...
I expect that that will happen only when they can be delivered and supported Julius.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
I expect that that will happen only when they can be delivered and supported Julius.
Which would suggest Shepherd has no confidence they will be able to anytime soon.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geberit View Post
Please no need to argue. I know the cars are not out yet I'm not stupid

But still many things can be foreseen from the pictures, maybe not how the car handles but how easy it is to work on or how easy and quick it is to change a setting and so on.

But I agree that the average drivers will give the real feedback for the majority. Because for example you can have a super fast car that is very nervous to drive and only the best drivers will be successful wit it. On the other hand a car can be very easy to drive and a wider range of drivers can handle it good.

That is my opinion.

But I wont wait for so long and will buy the V10 because of the accessible parts and emotional feeling

Regards, Lojz
Well you must always buy what your local hobbyshop supports. Dont know much about shepherds 1/10 touring cars yet. (think its their first serious attempt for a touring car) Which is not always a bad thing if you look at the xray nt1.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

On a side note - To race at a top level, our cars and set-ups have to be extremely good as there are a lot of good drivers out there. Some say you can't use our set-ups but I disagree as race cars have to do certain things around a race track with proper balance and traction to handle and perform well. A lot of the time I hear racers say "it's just me" when really it's not, it's their car and recognizing that and using a good set-up can go a long way to building your feel and confidence around the track. There are minor adjustments that you can make to change the "feel" of the car for ones particular driving style but really a balanced set-up is what all racers need to enjoy racing their cars.

I am sure which ever car you choose it will be a great car and you will enjoy yourself racing it!!
That's a great statement.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobotm View Post
Well you must always buy what your local hobbyshop supports. Dont know much about shepherds 1/10 touring cars yet. (think its their first serious attempt for a touring car) Which is not always a bad thing if you look at the xray nt1.
I don't think the NT1 is the best example here. As a matter of fact, "the worlds best RC engineer" came up with a completely new, revolutionary sedan design until he found out it didn't work and then he built the NT1 which as we all know was based on existing (working) cars from other manufacturers.

I personally would just wait for the upcoming Euro A champs in Gubbio. This race will give us a good idea where both companies stand and what the cars can do.

Then we can follow the progress for the remaining season and make an informed desicion for next year.

The release dates for both cars are pretty late to change this year (European season)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #23
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
"the worlds best RC engineer"
If you read his columns, he really believes he is..
Old 06-16-2009, 04:39 AM   #24
Tech Regular

well you cant argue that he is one of the top if not the best.... nt1 808 t2 m18, all of these are great cars in there classes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to CivicTuning

i would buy an NT1 ...
CivicTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 733 or shep?

Well, mom always said NEVER judge a book by it's cover and this expression can be kept quite literal. I would be very hardpressed to believe that the brake system on the velox or the diffs on the 733 would make it a superior car, more efficent at most (not an engineer). However if one was to look at the cars in their entirety I would (and will ) go with the Serpent.

As stated on serpent's website the car was but from the ground up.
take a look here and see for yourself
http://www.serpent.com/product/804000/

Many have stated that the car is not proven, I too would agree with that statement to some extent hadn't it been that some of the technology was already used in their 966 line.

Lets be perfectly honest it REALLY doesnt matter the chassis as much as the driver. Take for instance Dario Ballestri, A G4 winning the Euros Twice or Astushi Hara with the HPI R40 us Nationals twice?

Pick a car that fits your budget, has support (It doesn't have to be local) and then pick the sexiest looking one....

I would call this my $0.02 cents but this being a recession and all......

IMO the NT1 is a Martin Hudy's Greatest rendition of the Mugen, Kyosho etc
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Well, mom always said NEVER judge a book by it's cover and this expression can be kept quite literal. I would be very hardpressed to believe that the brake system on the velox or the diffs on the 733 would make it a superior car, more efficent at most (not an engineer). However if one was to look at the cars in their entirety I would (and will ) go with the Serpent.

As stated on serpent's website the car was but from the ground up.
take a look here and see for yourself
http://www.serpent.com/product/804000/

Many have stated that the car is not proven, I too would agree with that statement to some extent hadn't it been that some of the technology was already used in their 966 line.

Lets be perfectly honest it REALLY doesnt matter the chassis as much as the driver. Take for instance Dario Ballestri, A G4 winning the Euros Twice or Astushi Hara with the HPI R40 us Nationals twice?

Pick a car that fits your budget, has support (It doesn't have to be local) and then pick the sexiest looking one....

I would call this my $0.02 cents but this being a recession and all......

IMO the NT1 is a Martin Hudy's Greatest rendition of the Mugen, Kyosho etc
+ 1 on what tricky said.
Especially the last part about the nt1 being the greatest rendition of the mugen, kyosho. One thing to add though, the nt1 still doesn`t have the steering of the kyosho, not even close.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro ho View Post
+ 1 on what tricky said.
Especially the last part about the nt1 being the greatest rendition of the mugen, kyosho. One thing to add though, the nt1 still doesn`t have the steering of the kyosho, not even close.
This is literally the head not knowing what the tail is doing
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote