Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rb concepts

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rb concepts

hey i am in the market for a new engine for my losi 8 i have a rb s3 engine in my street car and i really like it. i am trying to decide what to get another s3 s5 or s7 but i cant seem to find any specs on these engines does anyone have any suggestions or know where i can look to find some power and rpm specs on these engines i would like too see how they would compair to the s3. i race on a medium sized track with some tight scetions and some open sections so i need a balance between speed and low end torque
thanks,
john
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

the s3 s5 and s7 are very similar motors. there biggest difference is in the number of ports in the sleeve. the more ports there is an increase in speed and horse power . if you are just out for fun the 3 port will give you a little more torque and a little more fuel mileage. i also believe it may cost a little less. the more exotic the sleeve the more power the more fuel consumption and more expense. they are all very good motors. and with proper care tey will mgive you very good performance and reliability. it depends on your care between uses