R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/303147-serpent-733-1-10-200mm-touring.html)

choisan 06-08-2009 06:49 AM

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Seen from Serpent's web, let's start the discussion here.
As copied from the web's,

733: Main features
- New geometry and roll-centers, lower center of gravity and modified weight-positioning for improved grip and better balance.
- Adjustable caster, camber, toe-in, width, wheelbase front and rear, ride-height, roll centers and more.
- alu front lower bearing blocks and suspension brackets, with integrated anti-roll bar holders and integrated alu middle bearing block
- ball-raced wire type front anti-roll bar system, more efficient and easier to tweak
- new servo-saver design, mounted on the chassis only, with new and easy to mount linkages, options to change ackermann
- split type rear end assembly, with alu holders for 2-speed/brake (from 966) and integrated anti-roll bar holders, and also split type rear alu bearing blocks combined with alu suspension brackets for easy differential access.
- New, very accessible brake system, with large ventilated disks, lower in the car, with ready to use race brake-pads
- New nylon suspension parts / wishbones front and rear
- New rear uprights and keeping the latest 720 steeringblocks, both combined with the lightweight alu pivotballs and nylon ball-cups.
- Very thick and strong carbon shock-towers front and rear with a variety of positions.
- High quality steel parts, stainless steel high speed bearings, allen type steel screws throughout the car
- Race proven Centax clutch (a Serpent innovation) combined with the reliable LC 2-speed gearbox
- New gear-ratio combined with new pullies with small sideholes to let dirt out and new drive-belts.
- RCCX shocks-sets with 2009 modification on rod-support and x-ring.
- New light-weight gear-differential, mounted lower in the car, same diff front and rear, just pulley is different. Combined with light-weight drive-cups, cvd’s in the front and driveshafts in the rear
- 3mm chassis plate 7075 T6 with closed type design, combined with U-shaped motormount which can remain on the engine. This mount, then goes on top of the new alu chassis stiffner. Perfectly positioned. This stiffner has arms to the front and back to influence flex, depending with how many chassis-screws its fastened.
- new low 75cc fueltank with AFL-cap more to the front and mounting-position for AMB transponder on the bottom
- carbon fibre radioplate assembly unit contains fuel-tank, belt-tensioner, both servo’s, receiverbox, battery/holder (accepts normal and Lipo-pack), transponder-holder all as one easy to take out sub-assembly. Ideal for easy cleaning and access. All wiring very short and compact to mount. Nice straight servo-linking to brake and throttle levers.
- New asymetric roll bar with integrated sleeve for the fuel-cap strap, roll bar doubles also as end-stop for the fuel-cap.
- Full color manual/ref-guide and nice logo-decals and a new design small exclusive packing box.

spurgear 06-08-2009 07:32 AM

Fantastic!
I see it on their site

spurgear 06-08-2009 07:36 AM

whos pre ordering!:lol:

choisan 06-08-2009 07:47 AM

our local resellers said it is on sale next month-july
but still to see.....

Serpent-Dan 06-08-2009 08:00 AM

I still don't think it will be out next month if they raced the car this weekend and didn't have enough parts in case of crashes. They are still fine tuning I think august to september release.Can't wait to get mine.

beta bob 06-08-2009 08:30 AM

How much do you think its going to cost? about the same as the 720 '09?

flylow 06-08-2009 08:32 AM

serpent733

http://www.serpent.com/image.php?ImageID=1234570647
http://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uplo...rpent733-1.jpg

good luck:eek:

beta bob 06-08-2009 08:38 AM

I just realized that the rear end doesn't have that carbon "s" chassis stiffener

Serpent-Dan 06-08-2009 08:43 AM

Should be more than a 09 kit. 450-520 range

_cyclops_ 06-08-2009 09:41 AM

That looks totally new... amazing!

solitude127 06-08-2009 12:04 PM

The engine looks really moved forward.

Nitro-Racer* 06-08-2009 12:16 PM

i think that it looks more forward because the rear is very nude?

Geberit 06-08-2009 12:31 PM

What's the deal with the front bumper? More down force on the front axis or more cooling for the engine? I guess both!

spurgear 06-08-2009 01:35 PM

Im thinking those springs are there for illustration. It looks like the older ones and its mixed up. Shorter is supposed to be in front and longer in the rear

RC MARKET 06-08-2009 02:24 PM

i'm think near NT-1 price !

OILMAN 06-08-2009 05:32 PM

NICE....VERY NICE...

BURATIS-SPP 06-08-2009 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by RC MARKET (Post 5912651)
i'm think near NT-1 price !

It should be cheaper than NT1, remember its made in asia/china now!!!:D, but i will definitely get 2:nod::nod:

stefan 06-08-2009 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Geberit (Post 5912303)
What's the deal with the front bumper? More down force on the front axis or more cooling for the engine? I guess both!

Access to the front wire sway bar.

RC MARKET 06-08-2009 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by BURATIS-SPP (Post 5914147)
It should be cheaper than NT1, remember its made in asia/china now!!!:D, but i will definitely get 2:nod::nod:

near la !

Geberit 06-09-2009 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by stefan (Post 5914785)

You think so? But electric 1/10 cars have front wire sway bars and full bumpers and no problems access them!

_cyclops_ 06-09-2009 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by stefan (Post 5914785)

Nah, that's only done from the top.. they have the same system as at the back.. really wonder how this will work...

Anyways, seen the link to the lower a-arm in the front.. that's not really normal, can't see really what it is...

dj apolaro 06-09-2009 05:33 AM

Having seen the car this past weekend and getting to try it out. I think many people will be happy. The front sway bar is easy to get to. Just like the rear end.

Just like they have with the 966, Serpent will start to get back some consumers with the sedan. I think many racers will come over to the Serpent brand when they see this car. Talk about listening to the customer and then giving it a Michael Salven design twist. This car is insane. Wish they would have let me bring it back home.:cry::cry:

DJ Apolaro

Julius 06-09-2009 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by _cyclops_ (Post 5915223)
Nah, that's only done from the top.. they have the same system as at the back.. really wonder how this will work...

Anyways, seen the link to the lower a-arm in the front.. that's not really normal, can't see really what it is...

It is needed to connect the wire sway bar to the lower wishbone.

_cyclops_ 06-09-2009 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Julius (Post 5915625)
It is needed to connect the wire sway bar to the lower wishbone.

That i understand, but is it a pivot ball inside the lower a-arm?
I'm concerned about play on the pivot ball... the normal way would have worked too or is the space there too little?

Pattojnr 06-09-2009 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 5915510)
Having seen the car this past weekend and getting to try it out. I think many people will be happy. The front sway bar is easy to get to. Just like the rear end.

Just like they have with the 966, Serpent will start to get back some consumers with the sedan. I think many racers will come over to the Serpent brand when they see this car. Talk about listening to the customer and then giving it a Michael Salven design twist. This car is insane. Wish they would have let me bring it back home.:cry::cry:

DJ Apolaro

Well done with your efforts DJ, i know its hard and very demanding doing both cars, as you also said, sounds like a great drive with the 8th. and some bad luck with Groskamp on his dash for TQ and the final. now take a well earned rest :D

TEAM BROOKLYN 06-09-2009 07:15 AM

I cant wait to get to mine ! i have signed up for the nats to run touring and 1/8th .

Richard Siriano
brooklynhobbies.com
serpent america

Julius 06-09-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by _cyclops_ (Post 5915664)
That i understand, but is it a pivot ball inside the lower a-arm?
I'm concerned about play on the pivot ball... the normal way would have worked too or is the space there too little?

There is no room for the usual ball. Or at least that would look hideous :)
No worry for slop, there won't be more than on the conventional method.

fastharry™ 06-09-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by solitude127 (Post 5912207)
The engine looks really moved forward.

I'm surprised no one has tilted them forward....

Nice car though...If Serpent comes out with a car to replace the s400, I'll be on board....need to buy a nitro and electric in the same stable...

M7H 06-09-2009 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by fastharry™ (Post 5915969)
I'm surprised no one has tilted them forward....

TM did during development of there last creation, but went back to "normal" engine placement.
I think you will have problems with the slide of the carb. binding with an engine mounted under an angle...

_cyclops_ 06-09-2009 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by M7H (Post 5916133)
TM did during development of there last creation, but went back to "normal" engine placement.
I think you will have problems with the slide of the carb. binding with an engine mounted under an angle...

I think that could be solved, but how to set the play on the gear mesh? :)

_cyclops_ 06-09-2009 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Julius (Post 5915916)
There is no room for the usual ball. Or at least that would look hideous :)
No worry for slop, there won't be more than on the conventional method.

sounds cool... when are you testdriving? :-)

dj apolaro 06-09-2009 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pattojnr (Post 5915758)
Well done with your efforts DJ, i know its hard and very demanding doing both cars, as you also said, sounds like a great drive with the 8th. and some bad luck with Groskamp on his dash for TQ and the final. now take a well earned rest :D

Thanks, I am definately resting. The 1/8 scale was good. Michael Salven gave me a lot of helpful tips for driving under those conditions. The track was awesome and probably the best facility in the world. Based on what I have seen in the US and what the other internationals drivers were saying from the other countries. They had it all. Anyone wanting to race there does not have to think twice.

DJ Apolaro

and23 06-09-2009 09:58 AM

I reserve one car... please...

Racer Z 06-09-2009 12:38 PM

Wow can you imagine the 733 with an LCG chassis and cut outs to put things like brass battery trays and brass front plates. I can already tell from the pictures that the car has the lowest CG in its class!! Also the car will be underweight by the looks of it so we can have options on where we place weight in the car. 1725 grams here we come!!:sneaky::sneaky:

nitro ho 06-09-2009 12:44 PM

Hey DJ $100 for pics of the snake,Take it or leave it:D.
BTW What`s the eta on the 733?

dj apolaro 06-09-2009 01:10 PM

$100.00 Wow, let me send them over asap. hahahaha

I was so busy with 1/8 scale that I did not bother taking any photos.

When I spoke to Michael he said that some parts are already in production and others are being started. They were waiting on this race to help make final preperations. The cars will start being put into the market, hopefully in July. I think like always the first batch will be a few and more from there. I hope for the costumers in the USA they can get as many as possible before the Nationals. I had to give the one I use back to get further testing with Mark Green. Serpent is tring to have a few different opinions before releasing it to make the best product possible.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. I was told I will get one by the end of June to get started on learning set-ups. That way I can help the racers at the Nationals and on the forums. We will see and I will let you know when I do.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro

trickd122 06-09-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 5917113)
$100.00 Wow, let me send them over asap. hahahaha

I was so busy with 1/8 scale that I did not bother taking any photos.

When I spoke to Michael he said that some parts are already in production and others are being started. They were waiting on this race to help make final preperations. The cars will start being put into the market, hopefully in July. I think like always the first batch will be a few and more from there. I hope for the costumers in the USA they can get as many as possible before the Nationals. I had to give the one I use back to get further testing with Mark Green. Serpent is tring to have a few different opinions before releasing it to make the best product possible.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. I was told I will get one by the end of June to get started on learning set-ups. That way I can help the racers at the Nationals and on the forums. We will see and I will let you know when I do.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro

Wow! It was once said that the 720 was "The most anticipated car" and indeed it was. IMO Serpent still has a very large fan base but more than ANYONE cares to admit, myself included.

Yes DJ I agree that you have been very resilient and carrying the Serpent banner as well as the expertise you have also brought. That statement is not an attempt to undermine what others have done but giving Kudos where it's well deserved.

That being said will I get the NEW car, maybe but Serpent is slow chipping away at my heart...

stefan 06-09-2009 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by dj apolaro (Post 5915510)

DJ Apolaro

hey DJ, i heard you were pretty impressed with our little girly's speed, huh.:D

And she ain't ugly either;)

dj apolaro 06-09-2009 01:50 PM

I must say she was pretty fast. From her photos I though she was taller, but Sabrina is very short. She was cool and her dad also. Klaus if you read this email me. I have that stuff for you. I must say all of the out of towners got along well. It was very nice to hang out with everyone. I really did not know what to expect.

DJ Apolaro

Serpent-Dan 06-09-2009 02:12 PM

Hey DJ what's up congrats on 2nd in your race at Turkey. From the pic I saw that diffs look very small. Cool I hope they will still offer the oneway solid also. Did you run heavy oil in the front diff.