Old 08-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks mate, ill give them a go

Mitch
Old 09-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Interesting comment from Drew (Ralph's Burch pitman) on the NT1 forum regarding the Serpent DLS at the recent GLC race:

Well guys things went well at the GLC. Ralph's car that we ran was the new WC Ralph Burch edtion and it preformed well. After looking at the dls system more and talking with Ralph we feel that it will not suit the american style tracks and will not better the the car so we did not test it there. I believe the serpent guys that came up with it were not running it. The NT1 has been out for a while and it keeps getting better with just fine tuning the car. This does not mean we will not test or come out with it. It just means that it would not of made the car any faster at the GLC.
Hmmm, add to that Chris Tosolini not using it at the Worlds and you must wonder...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Tech Lord

Toso was right with his choice but not about the working but about learning and adapt the differences finding a setup and driving style. Going to a big event not knowing how the car will drive is a bad choice and Toso did choose to drive what he knows but even that did not bring him to the finals.

I have heard that Salven has tested a lot when he was back from the WC and was very fast in Heemstede.

Ralph's car that we ran was the new WC Ralph Burch edtion and it preformed well
I have several feelings with this......
1) he was not running a standard NT1 with only Xray optionals. How could he perform with only an Xray original car/parts?
2) That talking is one big commercial about his optional Xray products....
3) Other big names like Bertin and Ielasi did nod do well either while Iealsi was the WC champ the last time so I think the American style tracks does not suit most European drivers...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Elite

Roelof just an observation. Maybe it isn't a simple "bolt-on" improvement it is perceived to be.

I think you would find most of the Top drivers car are far from factory standard. I heard Robert Pietsch Mugen didn't look much like a MTX-4 at the Worlds
Old 09-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Novarossi
Interesting comment from Drew (Ralph's Burch pitman) on the NT1 forum regarding the Serpent DLS at the recent GLC race:

Hmmm, add to that Chris Tosolini not using it at the Worlds and you must wonder...
From running the DLS in low traction conditions it will perform very well. I have to wait until the Fort Myers state race to test with high traction. I did run it on a parking lot track and the rear was stuck with 42's.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

After buying a 733 car off of RC tech two weeks ago I decided to run the GLC race (not to mention it was my first nitro race since last years ROAR nationals). I did run the DLS this past weekend at the GLC. Towards the end of the day Thursday I had taken it off and never put it back on. I felt it was to much traction and would not allow the car to rotate. I ended up 8th in the A and had a lot of fun. Thanks to DJ for helping an oval racer (Me) with some set up questions. It was funny, DJ stated to me "man, you really have a different set up on here!" LOL. Also, thanks to Chirs for helping me find the broken steering part I need before the A main. And to Elliot for the sway bars.

The 733 ran really well for me I know with more time I can get it faster but a lot of times my oval schedule gets in the way.

Monti
Old 09-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Roelof just an observation. Maybe it isn't a simple "bolt-on" improvement it is perceived to be.

I think you would find most of the Top drivers car are far from factory standard. I heard Robert Pietsch Mugen didn't look much like a MTX-4 at the Worlds
any photo?
Old 09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Well..... these guys are payed to promote the brands where they drive for. It does give a weird thought about the original car. Take a look at the 1/8 WC in Cordoba where Collari was running a Serpent tank and clutch and a Mugen gearbox on his Evolva. People may think that the stock Evolva is a bad car....
Pietch I can imangine if he is already working on a MTX5
Old 09-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
ake a look at the 1/8 WC in Cordoba where Collari was running a Serpent tank and clutch and a Mugen gearbox on his Evolva. People may think that the stock Evolva is a bad car....
nothing wrong with that, im running a RRR with xray diffs, xray & mugen belt, xray tank, capricorn clutch, serpent shocks,

lol.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
nothing wrong with that, im running a RRR with xray diffs, xray & mugen belt, xray tank, capricorn clutch, serpent shocks,

lol.
Man you need something to use from shepherd too!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

The way I see it you buy it to try it or you don't. I don't understand this negative undertone about this system. So what if Chris didn't use it, ummm maybe he didn't like it. Most, if not all the 733's at the worlds were using it. We didn't win but that doesn't mean the DLS didn't work.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
The way I see it you buy it to try it or you don't. I don't understand this negative undertone about this system. So what if Chris didn't use it, ummm maybe he didn't like it. Most, if not all the 733's at the worlds were using it. We didn't win but that doesn't mean the DLS didn't work.
Not a single setup from the worlds yet, no detail report on how it worked from the team drivers, and 1/3 the price of the car ...... quiet a gamble to
"buy" and "try"...
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Not a single setup from the worlds yet, no detail report on how it worked from the team drivers, and 1/3 the price of the car ...... quiet a gamble to
"buy" and "try"...
Or don't buy it. It adds traction to the rear. If that's something you need, it might be worth trying.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I have two gallons on my 733 and was wondering how often I should change the diff oil.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
any photo?
http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...-200mm-worlds/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.