Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
Interesting.. thats very similar to the setup i ran at whalan last weekend, was pretty stable, just slightly understeered on the middle section of the track but no big deal. ill definitely give it a go next fortnight.
You coming to SORMCC this Sunday Todd?
Old 07-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

pretty sure i am.. got a big one planned for saturday night though so we will see how we go..
Old 07-05-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team-RTR
Michael which arms do you run at Moorebank? havent picked up a set of M arms yet.. keen to try them. BTW thanks to you and Johnny for helping out me and my mate yesterday with the pitting/starts in the finals, definitely getting there with car, only 3 meets old and im very impressed by the overall drivability of the car.. soooo much steering! (once it has a decent setup on it! )

Quick question guys, has anyone broken off the end of their wheel axles yet? i have had this happen twice now in two race meets.. I have attached a pic of the wheel axle from the first time round that it happened.. in this picture it snapped after the wheel hex (the first time), and yesterday it snapped before the wheel hex!

Am i the only one with this problem? Does anyone know if any other brand (XRAY?) will fit in the 733? i have never had this happen ever on my previous nitro cars and im guessing its only going to happen again...

hey mate i had one break, came home from work and there was no wheel on it lol, the tooth fairy must have knocked it off my workbench, 1st one i have every broke just bought a new 1, maybe a bad batch from factory also might be ur over tightening the wheel nuts, i have dont that before

mitch
Old 07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR
hey mate i had one break, came home from work and there was no wheel on it lol, the tooth fairy must have knocked it off my workbench, 1st one i have every broke just bought a new 1, maybe a bad batch from factory also might be ur over tightening the wheel nuts, i have dont that before

mitch
I have never broken one yet, but my son has broken a couple out them, it was because made the nut to tight.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

im not doing em up any tighter then i would on any other car.. maybe thats too much to handle for the serpent??? lol

Last edited by Team-RTR; 07-05-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling..
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Hello Gentlemen,

I've just made the switch from the Mugen Mtx4r. I picked up the 733 slightly used. The previous owned moved to the 966. I have taken the car fully apart just to see how it goes back together. No problems. The radio tray was a bear getting everything installed and neat.
In ready to race form the car weighed 1830 grams. After further observations I found that the battery I planned to use with this car was really heavy. it weighed almost 20 grams more(plus a fair amount of tape I put on it) than the 1100 mah I had in my mugen. So I opted for a lipo+reg. I know I should have went for the Life but I don't have a charger that will charge Life batteries. Now the car is sitting right around 1745 grams (ready to race)
My side belt tentioner was mounted on the underside of the top deck this allows more tension adj for the side belt but it really binds up the drive train at the loosest setting. So I changed it back to stock and the side belt just misses my exhaust header.
The only other thing I found that was strange was one of the pins came out of my brake pulley adaptor. I tapped it back in. I have another adaptor on order. Other than that; the 733 has a alot design features that are non existant in the Mugen.

Race you later... Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 07-07-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:07 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lil-bump
So I opted for a lipo+reg.
Why didn't you go for LiFe?.....

Old 07-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Why didn't you go for LiFe?.....

As I said in my original post. I do not have a charger that charges LIFE batteries.

Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 07-08-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Has anyone counted the teeth of the Serpent 733 belts to see if any other manufacturers belt fit?

The original orange ones are great (I still haven't stripped or damaged any), however, I feel they not the most efficent and feel "heavy" on the drivetrain.

The Serpent black belts are awesome and super efficient, but only lasted one club day.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Has anyone tried these belts, if so, what are you thoughts:

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hello Gentlemen,

I've just made the switch from the Mugen Mtx4r. I picked up the 733 slightly used. The previous owned moved to the 966. I have taken the car fully apart just to see how it goes back together. No problems. The radio tray was a bear getting everything installed and neat.
In ready to race form the car weighed 1830 grams. After further observations I found that the battery I planned to use with this car was really heavy. it weighed almost 20 grams more(plus a fair amount of tape I put on it) than the 1100 mah I had in my mugen. So I opted for a lipo+reg. I know I should have went for the Life but I don't have charger that will charge Life batteries. Now the car is sitting right around 1745 grams (ready to race)
My side belt tentioner was mounted on the underside of the top deck this allows more tension adj for the side belt but it really binds up the drive train at the loosest setting. So I changed it back to stock and the side belt just misses my exhaust header.
The only other thing I found that was strange was one of the pins came out of my brake pulley adaptor. I tap it back in. I have another adaptor on order. Other than that; the 733 has a alot design features that are non existant in the Mugen.

Race you later... Pass you soon...
I can not believe YOU have a Serpent!! Welcome to the club
Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
I can not believe YOU have a Serpent!! Welcome to the club
You can only fight it for so long. I got a great deal on the car and parts, It was a no brainer. I just need to find me a kool serpent avitar.

Pass you soon...
Old 07-07-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

part number for the long orange and pink springs? anyone
Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

As I said in my original post. I do not have a charger that charges LIFE batteries.

Past you soon...
I just kicked my expensive SRC lipo and the very expensive Xceed regulator out and went back to LiFe.

The regulator worked fine until the outside temp went over 25°C. After that it overheated (mounted in the receiver box) and caused me two high speed accidents.

LiFe is a couple of grams more, but much simpler wireing and no regulator.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:47 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Past you soon...
I know, check the smiley...

Originally Posted by stefan
I just kicked my expensive SRC lipo and the very expensive Xceed regulator out and went back to LiFe.
Went back to LiFe?
Don't you mean NiMh?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.