Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo12
Is there a possibility of making a setup video for the 733, such as M. Salven's 966 video guide which is very informative for alot of racers everywhere ?
I followed Salven's 966 video step by step and applied it to my 733. Like DJ said pretty much every step applies to the 733 also. I thought my car was good until I checked my tweak.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default Could one of you gents pass it to M. Salven

If possible could one of you guys pass this request on to whom it may concern, about the video thanks in advance.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Ok quietstorm

Glad to see it worked for you bro,this video was pass due to any racer on all levels.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Hi DJ, if you have a Small Very Technical, Low Traction Track, had & humid climate, what will be the one to use. M or H

Thanks

RCPANAMA
I suggest running the M-type parts in all conditions except for very high traction in combination with high temps.
The M parts make the car more stable and more forgiving on the limit.

The H parts are flexibility wise similar to the stock parts only far more durable. The M parts have improved durability but more flex and thus more grip in most conditions. That is why they are replacing the stock part numbers and will flow into the future kits.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 733 wishbone measurements

I have a favor to ask from one of the 733 drivers.

I really like the front anti rollbar on the 733 and i would like to have the same system on my current car.
Now I'm wondering if the 733 wishbones will fit my car.

Below you will find a picture with the measurements I will be needing.
If someone could help me out with this it would be great.

A is the length of the wishbone, B the width and C the distance from the rear of the wishbone to the start of the pillowball mounting.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:08 PM
ast
Tech Initiate

A = 61mm
B = 48mm
C = 34mm

any thing else ?

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

I really like the front anti rollbar on the 733 and i would like to have the same system on my current car.

A is the length of the wishbone, B the width and C the distance from the rear of the wishbone to the start of the pillowball mounting.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks.
Just get a Serpent and stop modifying your ..... to make it look like one! Trust me, you wont regret it.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ast
A = 61mm
B = 48mm
C = 34mm

any thing else ?

Great, thank you so much.
Now I can start measuring and start tinkering.

B and C are pretty much the same on the NT1 wishbone.
Only A is 53 so that's going to be quite a challenge to get it to fit into the stock bulkheads, without messing up Caster and wheelbase.
But I will order a set of 733 wishbones and a set of NT1 bulkheads and make it work.

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 05-06-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Just get a Serpent and stop modifying your ..... to make it look like one! Trust me, you wont regret it.

Nope, still too many issues with the 733 from what I see and hear.
Leaking tank, leaking diff's, breaking diff's, badly designed front bumper which breaks way too easily.

If Serpent fixes these things, especially the fueltank the NT1 tank is extremely good, then I will consider going back to Serpent because I really like the overall design and look of the car.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Nope, still too many issues with the 733 from what I see and hear.
Leaking tank, leaking diff's, breaking diff's, badly designed front bumper which breaks way too easily.

If Serpent fixes these things, especially the fueltank the NT1 tank is extremely good, then I will consider going back to Serpent because I really like the overall design and look of the car.
I had all those problems and was able to fix them all. Car works great but I'm still working on that driver mod. BTW it was easier to do that than trying to make some other car's suspension arms fit on another car.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, Roger
Old 05-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sorry double post
Old 05-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Tank isn't a issue that was on the first production of cars which were replaced by Serpent. Diff leaking can be resolved by shortening the the screws. The car had plastic issues but seem to be resloved. Remember all these cars have their own issues. And have been on the market longer than our 733 it makes a year in august. Very responsive to adjustments and easy to drive. And very easy to work on. And has the best clutch around out the box
Old 05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
The set-up is posted on the serpent.com site

It is the "Sour Grapes" set-up

http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Hope this helps out!

DJ Apolaro
DJ,

Pablo mentioned that you were using 4mm or 5mm spacers on the rear hubs, but your setup sheets shows 0mm spacers used

Hi Guys,

we went to Ft myers this weekend to the Sour Grapes race and we took the opportunity to test many setup options. Ft Myers has being just resurfaced so the track is very smooth and has great traction. Also we had many good drivers attending, so we had a way to compare were we at. DJ try many different setups and he found a better one. His car was ballistic and he broke the track record.
The main difference is the rear link position. We found out that using a lot of angle in the link get rids of the floating feeling that the car has some times in the middle of the corner and also makes the car run flat too.

We like the best the inner lower position inside in the link bracket and either the outside hole in the uprigth with 5mm spacers, or the inside with 4mm.Having the link with a lot of angle will maybe make you suspension bind a little under compression. Just remove a little material on the plastic cups to allow the extra movement and will be fine
Have fun
Old 05-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

We both tried many things and I ended up with the set-up I posted on the set-up sheet. That set-up is what I set the new track record with.

DJ Apolaro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.