Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
have you guys tried those shoes that way ? or becuase they arent right according to manual, you want them changed ?

there is a mod on the 966 shoes to throw out that way, i have tried it on the 966, it works really well. even Paolo said to do this, so ill keep those shoes and try them like that on the 733.
it wont work it pushes the clutch bell out to much and the 1st and 2nd gear wont mesh on the clutch bell, thats why they are beveled with the fly wheel so they sink in more into the fly wheel
Old 08-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok here the pix of my shoes and as i was readin about everyones tank, i took a look at mine and mine is busted too, now who do i contact since i live in canada and i bought mine from rc mushroom

Last edited by skidoos; 04-13-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ok so I finally got the chance to run my 733 at the track today with a basic set up. I did notice that my tank is busted on the right side but it also was spitting fuel out through the cap? Other than that the car was on rails I couldn't believe the way it was running. Better than my 720 ran. Great car just can't wait for the replacement tank need it yesterday.
Dan.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skidoos
ok here the pix of my shoes and as i was readin about everyones tank, i took a look at mine and mine is busted too, now who do i contact since i live in canada and i bought mine from rc mushroom
Of course you will have to contact RC MUSHROOM, that is what you get for not supporting your LHS, hope you learn a valuable lesson.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
Ouch!!! Serving in Afghanistan right now, I'll just keep whining about the heat, bullets, beans, and bad guys!!
If I was in Afghanistan, the stinkin tank would be the last thing I would worry about let alone even spend time talking about it.

Stay alert, be safe and I hope you will have a safe journey home soon.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_geeky
Of course you will have to contact RC MUSHROOM, that is what you get for not supporting your LHS, hope you learn a valuable lesson.
We kind of laughed about this a while back. The big problem is that since you bought it from an overseas dealer, your only solution is to have that dealer fix your problem from that far away. Contacting the North American distributor won't help because you didn't buy it from any of the dealers that supports him.

At this level in the game, you really do get what you pay for.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
We kind of laughed about this a while back. The big problem is that since you bought it from an overseas dealer, your only solution is to have that dealer fix your problem from that far away. Contacting the North American distributor won't help because you didn't buy it from any of the dealers that supports him.

At this level in the game, you really do get what you pay for.
finaly somebody notices this?!
The single reason why i don't like ordering overseas. I might pay more at my local hobby shop, but if it's a good shop, they will help you in getting your parts correctly!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:03 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

it wont work it pushes the clutch bell out to much and the 1st and 2nd gear wont mesh on the clutch bell, thats why they are beveled with the fly wheel so they sink in more into the fly wheel
If I look at your picture, you can still use the flyweights.
Normally the flyweights in the centax 3 are put in so that they are trailing the pins they are put on.
If you put them in so they are leading the pins, you can use them, and believe me, you just have to try this....

The 1/8 centax 2 clutch system has them installed like this, just give it a try....
Old 08-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

it does work. but you have to put the bevel facing the flywheel, which instead of sitting down to the right of the pins, they sit to the left. opposite direction to the manual. the bevel has to sit in the flywheel. try it. this so called fault, will save me some time in making them that direction anyway, so for me i like the small error, but yes the tanks are a huge problem. lets sort it out ASAP SERPENT...............
Old 08-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Serpent emailed me this morning. Tanks are coming all you need to do is email them and let them know where you got the kit from. Once they verify it they will send the tank
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Diff Housing V2 arrive !
& New Fuel Tank is Clear .
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-dsc07745.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
, but yes the tanks are a huge problem. lets sort it out ASAP SERPENT...............
Could not agree more. As a Serpent supporter, please do the right thing and hurry up with the new tanks to the Australian distributer (and my 2 speed bulkhead). A lot of interest has been expressed in this car and do not waste this opportunity.

BTW Serpent Australia have been fantastic.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Barr
Could not agree more. As a Serpent supporter, please do the right thing and hurry up with the new tanks to the Australian distributer (and my 2 speed bulkhead). A lot of interest has been expressed in this car and do not waste this opportunity.

BTW Serpent Australia have been fantastic.
2 speed bulk head ?
Andrew, i think they are the same as the 966. the 2 sides of the 2 speed shaft.
try Adam for 966 spares. i sized mine up on the 966. i believe they are the same parts. what side you need ?
i wont be using mine till i get to the nats. so i can send you mine till the replacement arrives ?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default installation EFRA 2649 E

Link
http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/product...e.asp?idsub=22

Has anyone used this pipe on the 733 with the matched manifold, mine touches the linkage
Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Diff Housing V2 arrive !
& New Fuel Tank is Clear .
Good news!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.