Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
and here are the vynal stickers made.
not wasting anything, the black on the bonnet, is weeding from the black on the side.

Plastics look great man, what did you use for a template for the color scheme.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HELP!!!

Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Go to 30K diff oil. Better use 40K. Makes the change less big.
Could also try some more toe-in...
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Overland
RC-mushroom $499 w/shipping
is $499.99 !
$490 now !

Last edited by RC MARKET; 08-03-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shawn01
Plastics look great man, what did you use for a template for the color scheme.
hand drawn on corel draw. then exported to vynal cutter
Old 08-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Hello everyone!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!
Check and make sure you don't have a bind in the rear. DJ was running the lowest roll center position(rear lower hinge pin) so you should have traction. You could try long springs in the rear if you have them, probably orange.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Hello everyone!!!

Thanks for the help!!!!
If your track has decent traction I would try:

Check rear ride height, make sure the car is not bottoming out.
Moving the front arms more forward. (Take out caster)
More rear toe
Harder front diff oil (120,000-150,000) - (what diff oil is your friend using?)
Less front toe (make sure you only have .5 out on each side)
Use long spring in rear is possible
Put more angle into the rear camber link

I would try the following,

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Check and make sure you don't have a bind in the rear. DJ was running the lowest roll center position(rear lower hinge pin) so you should have traction. You could try long springs in the rear if you have them, probably orange.
Thanks! QUIETSTORM

No binding parts anywhere, I am using the lowest roll center position. I'm going to order the long set of new springs from serpent.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
If your track has decent traction I would try:

Check rear ride height, make sure the car is not bottoming out.
Moving the front arms more forward. (Take out caster)
More rear toe
Harder front diff oil (120,000-150,000) - (what diff oil is your friend using?)
Less front toe (make sure you only have .5 out on each side)
Use long spring in rear is possible
Put more angle into the rear camber link

I would try the following,

DJ Apolaro
Yes, our track has decent traction I'm running 40's all around.
I think the car WAS bottoming out! I had the rear ride height set at 6mm I'll raise it a little more and see what happens.
I'll take out the caster.
set the rear toe in to 3.5
will buy thicker diff oils for the front. If i remember well my friend was running a spool on his NT1
I'm sure the front toe our is set at .5

Thanks DJ!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

I think the car WAS bottoming out! I had the rear ride height set at 6mm I'll raise it a little more and see what happens.
I'll take out the caster.
set the rear toe in to 3.5
will buy thicker diff oils for the front. If i remember well my friend was running a spool on his NT1
I'm sure the front toe our is set at .5

Thanks DJ!!!
6mm is usually a good ride height, is the track bumpy?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

What brand shock oil are you using? I had the same bottoming out problem, but I was using Associated oil.

Associated 40W is a whole lot lighter than Serpent 40W. Be sure you use the Serpent stuff (or similar...I think XRay is the same viscosity...someone can confirm).

I ended up going to 45W oil in the rear with the long pink spring for the GLC. 6mm rear ride height. Car didn't bottom out anymore. I bumped into the A-Main and finished 8th.

I'll post my setup tonight or tomorrow, when I get home and look at my car.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Gonzo

I think once you get the longer springs the 6mm of ride height will work. Unless the track is real bumpy. Then maybe 6.5mm.

I am using 40wt serpent oil and about 25% rebound. Also just for your info 40wt serpent is 1,000cst in other brands.

Good luck and keep us posted and we can offer help if you still need.

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Gonzo

I think once you get the longer springs the 6mm of ride height will work. Unless the track is real bumpy. Then maybe 6.5mm.

I am using 40wt serpent oil and about 25% rebound. Also just for your info 40wt serpent is 1,000cst in other brands.

Good luck and keep us posted and we can offer help if you still need.

DJ Apolaro
The track is nice and smooth. I'm using serpent shock oils, I will rebuild my rear shocks with 40wt this time and the 25% rebound.

Thanks to all for the quick responses!

I will keep you posted!!!

oh what about the end play on the clutch bell? what should I set it at?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

I would start with .7 gap and .2 end play. Make sure you understand the different between the two, it is very important. This is a standard setup that works with all motors and should give a good clutch. Make sure to use a good spring. The newer serpent one is great( it came with the kit, so you should be fine), but there are others that work good also. Make sure to adjust the nut till it starts to slip and then back it off about 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

Key things;

more gap = more aggressive clutch (do not go over .9)
more endplay = also more aggressive (harder on the life of the thrust bearing)

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

The track is nice and smooth. I'm using serpent shock oils, I will rebuild my rear shocks with 40wt this time and the 25% rebound.

Thanks to all for the quick responses!

I will keep you posted!!!

oh what about the end play on the clutch bell? what should I set it at?
Do you race at Leisure Hours? If so, I'll be over at the Byron's race in a few weeks and we can compare notes then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.