Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GMartinez
http://www.modellismoinpista.com/xracer3/
some intense racing @ the 2009 Euros
thanks for the link....that's the one i've been looking for.
great facility and great coverage.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good link !
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by clmbia45
I have always had good results with Stratus 3.1.
Building the 733 I find contrary to the pictures I must mount the center body post in front of the shock tower, rather than behind. Has any one measured the off set below the windscreen to drill this post hole, It's always been a helpful little crutch.
I had to shave the bottom of center body post to mount it on the rear side of the front shock tower. I used my 720 bodies and the front lined up almost perfectly but the rear body post were off.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by redsand
thanks for the link....that's the one i've been looking for.
great facility and great coverage.

wow, if only all big races had coverage and live camera like this link!
the best ive seen so far
Old 07-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

tough luck for the Serpent team... just look at the lap timings they were getting until the incidents started happening....

anyway... did some extensive testing with my 733 at the track and i was clocking consistently faster timings as compared to my NT1.... not bad considering that the downstop piece on my left lower sus arm was broken... did not even know when it broke off but the car was handling a bit unpredicatably throughout the day but still managed faster times...

money well spent!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Well today I tested the car more and found a few things that worked better for me. The track was bumpy and had some slow and fast sections. I found that the car is more stable with the rear camber links at more of an angle. A little more droop in the front to transfer weight to rear helped stable the car out for me. I also used standard rear springs instead of the short ones. I did notice the car gets good tire wear and this was confirmed by one of the locals as well. They ran the same set of tires for practice, quals and final. Normally the track would have used a minimum of 2 sets, maybe 3.

How is everyone liking the car. Here in Florida the racers are very happy with the performance and look.

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

any one elses tank leak? i'll take a better look at it tonight to make sure nothing looks out of place. mine was leaking like hell today and made a good mess.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Well today I tested the car more and found a few things that worked better for me. The track was bumpy and had some slow and fast sections. I found that the car is more stable with the rear camber links at more of an angle. A little more droop in the front to transfer weight to rear helped stable the car out for me. I also used standard rear springs instead of the short ones. I did notice the car gets good tire wear and this was confirmed by one of the locals as well. They ran the same set of tires for practice, quals and final. Normally the track would have used a minimum of 2 sets, maybe 3.

How is everyone liking the car. Here in Florida the racers are very happy with the performance and look.

DJ Apolaro
Hey DJ I got to test the car today and I was very impressed with the corner speed of the car. Low to medium traction and the car was planted after a few adjustments. Copied your front end setup you posted from Kissimmee and tweaked the rear to my liking and the car was great. I broke it though. Dude I need parts help!!!!!

Originally Posted by cobrajet
any one elses tank leak? i'll take a better look at it tonight to make sure nothing looks out of place. mine was leaking like hell today and made a good mess.
Yeah mine did leak on the first run but it didn't leak today at all. Seems like once the fuel got in the seal and sat over night it was fine.

Last edited by quietstorm76; 07-26-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default serpent 733

I got a little more run time with my serpent 733 after the mains today at Homestead and the car was really good with the 150,000cst front oil diff Dj gave me some to try thanks ,
Very happy so far with the performance , car rolls a lot very smooth.

DJ

What rear and front spring were you use today? I was using red rear and blue front and the car was some what lose in the rear.

Also there was a lot of fuel in the car from the tank tap some come out when the car is move side to side i found with car full is this normal?

Thanks
Jr
Old 07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

my tank "leaks" too.... but i found the problem to be a tank cover that does not close properly... as long as i push down on the lid to ensure a good seal after refuels, fuel will not leak....
Old 07-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Sub finals up soon
george what did u think about the euro's?
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

so it looks like this tank issue effected the guys at the euros:

salven - engine cut outs
green - fuel in radio gear
groskamp - engine cut outs
Old 07-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
I also used standard rear springs instead of the short ones.
DJ Apolaro
Dj,

Did you use the longer shaft and shock canister also?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjrctech
DJ

What rear and front spring were you use today? I was using red rear and blue front and the car was some what lose in the rear.

Also there was a lot of fuel in the car from the tank tap some come out when the car is move side to side i found with car full is this normal?

Thanks
Jr
The loose rear maybe due to the short rear springs...........maybe, not sure yet. I tried this on my 720 and the result was similar to what we are getting on the 733, just a tad loose but it is very drivable. I'm going to try the long rear springs like DJ did.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

quietstorm76,

I also had to shave the bottom of the front center body post to make it fit on the shock tower. No big deal adjustment made in a couple of minutes.

I made the mistake of pushing too hard on the servo saver while trying to pop in the steering linkages and broke the servo saver . I wanted to run the car this weekend at the Southwest Series race, but no spare parts on hand yet. I spoke to Doug and the part is on order now

Car build went somoothly otherwise. All linkages move freely.

The car was admired by many attending the Southwest Series race here in Houston. Blazing 100F, 80% RH nice racing day!

Can't wait to run it next weekend.

Erchur

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.