R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #1411
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentamerica View Post
Serpent 733 Dominates the Florida Series. Check the link for the report and pics

http://serpent.com/news/12844/Serpen...pent-733-.html
when are the oneway coming in
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #1412
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

when do one use short wheel base in front and rear. What are the effects?
thanking in advance
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #1413
Tech Addict
 
LeoChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 567
Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan
Default

Spool

http://www.rc-kws.com/redirect.php?t...tpost#lastpost
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-dsc02103.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-s6000005-medium-.jpg  
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:52 PM   #1414
Tech Apprentice
 
crashman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 69
Default Thanks andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Barr View Post
There are a few of us running 733's at Moorebank and the next race meet is on the 1/11/09.
I will come out and meet up with you, how will I now who you are?
Thanks Heaps
Jamie
crashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #1415
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

first outing today for 4 733's at the bunbury track in perth.
grip wasnt the best, but the cars were very drivable. Well done to all the Serpent drivers for a 1,2,3,4th finish today. Cheers.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #1416
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Wheelbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrcraceway View Post
when do one use short wheel base in front and rear. What are the effects?
thanking in advance
Not sure if you received a response to question however I'll try to expalin it the best way I understand it.

First and foremost ANYTING done to a car's suspension affects weight distribution and transfer. The wheel base adjustment is no different. The 733 has the option of doing both the front and rear.

In the rear, with a longer wheelbase (all the shims or caster clips in front of the rear arms) the weight no longer SITS on the weels/alxe, therefore shifting the fulcrum of the car making load transer under braking and acceleration smoother and for me better directional stability. Here come the catch too long a wheelbase impairs manouverability so the aim is to find a happy medium.
---------------
/\ Fulcrum

Shorter wheelbases does the exact opposite. The weight SITS directly on the rear axles/wheels thus changing the fulctum furher forward causing more dramatic pitch movements in the car. This causes the rear of the car to be more reactive but because the tires are more loaded tend to give more traction.

---------------
/\ Fulcrum

Think of it like a sea/saw at the play ground.
Well hope that helps
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #1417
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Wheelbase

Oh BTW if you noticed I only made references to the rear. Reason being I never mess with the front wheelbase.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #1418
Tech Fanatic
 
Alex Siddique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Central Coast , NSW Australia
Posts: 872
Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to Alex Siddique
Default

cool thanks for the info
__________________
No Fucker's Taking my money O/s OR local :) :)
Alex Siddique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #1419
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Reason being I never mess with the front wheelbase.
why not? i find tweaking the front wheelbase a very good way to get loads of steering without upsetting the balance of the car... provided the track is not too bumpy....
katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #1420
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Not sure if you received a response to question however I'll try to expalin it the best way I understand it.

First and foremost ANYTING done to a car's suspension affects weight distribution and transfer. The wheel base adjustment is no different. The 733 has the option of doing both the front and rear.

In the rear, with a longer wheelbase (all the shims or caster clips in front of the rear arms) the weight no longer SITS on the weels/alxe, therefore shifting the fulcrum of the car making load transer under braking and acceleration smoother and for me better directional stability. Here come the catch too long a wheelbase impairs manouverability so the aim is to find a happy medium.
---------------
/\ Fulcrum

Shorter wheelbases does the exact opposite. The weight SITS directly on the rear axles/wheels thus changing the fulctum furher forward causing more dramatic pitch movements in the car. This causes the rear of the car to be more reactive but because the tires are more loaded tend to give more traction.

---------------
/\ Fulcrum

Think of it like a sea/saw at the play ground.
Well hope that helps
MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe


Whats up Tino,

Are you going to Kissimmee State Race?

If so see you there,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #1421
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehe


Whats up Tino,

Are you going to Kissimmee State Race?

If so see you there,

DJ Apolaro
Yes Sir, you bet!!! Wayne's knocking down the doors and there are a few choice spots that I want..lol So yes WE WILL BE THERE!!!!!

Tino
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:07 AM   #1422
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katze View Post
why not? i find tweaking the front wheelbase a very good way to get loads of steering without upsetting the balance of the car... provided the track is not too bumpy....

Maybe I should experiment with it eventually. I run the Blitz body, I find that that body gives alot of steering which is proly the reason I only change the wheelbase in the rear. I also find that the 733 naturally has good steering, more so than I did with my previous chassis (KYOSHO)

Most of our tracks here are a little bumpy.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #1423
Tech Apprentice
 
crashman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 69
Default 2 speed

Hi All
I have built the 2 speed by the book but the car is taking a long time to change into 2 gear, how do I adjust it to change earlier?
Thanks
Jamie
crashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #1424
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Just loosen the screws 1/4 turn at a time till it gets close, then go 1/8 turns.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #1425
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Sorry, forgot to mention to make sure you adjust the screws equally on both sides.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net