Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

on another note , just got me gear back from the AU Nats.

i got one of those Li-Fe 1450mah 6.6v packs.
i didnt have a compatable charger for them in Sydney, so i stuck with the Nimh pack. my car was heavy. 1805g . also the new fuel tanks are a little under size.

i weighed the Nimh pack. 125grams.
now the Li Fe battery weighed in at 78grams. since there is no reg needed there is no additional weight to add from that. so now that is a huge 47gram reduction in weight. and when the spool is available, i rekon the car will be needing some weight added to it. which is where you want it added. so its all looking good so far.

DJ's latest setup is somewhere close that i ended up with in Sydney. high grip, but i didnt have a spool. the car is really good full short, yet still very stable.

now i guess need to try the Exceed Audi A5
Old 10-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks pato

Thanks for that, do I just loosen the nut and can it be done without pulling it all apart?
Thanks
Old 10-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crashman1
Thanks for that, do I just loosen the nut and can it be done without pulling it all apart?
Thanks
you can get something in the hole on the clutch bell. if you can and it feels good (strong enough) you can rotate the flywheel clockwise to loosen the retainer a little. but to check the flyouts, you will need to pull it apart.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys,

About the fly weights. I think at the moment the new normal from the factory is opposite of the older ones. We got a back of weights at the Nationals and they were all "the wrong way", based on what we are used to. I will say I have been running them and they work fine, although they do have a different point at which they like to engage. I think they have a little bit more of an aggressive feel when they hit.

To answer someones question, yes just loosen the clutch nut. You can stick a 1.5mm tool in the open whole in the clutch bell. The make sure to turn the flywheel till you get in the groove of the clutch nut. Then with a 2.5 turn the trust bearing as if to tighten the thrust bearing. Do this as half turn ingraments till you get the clutch how you want it. One hand will hold the 1.5 wrench so you hold the nut in place and the other will turn the 2.5 to loosen the clutch nut.

Hope this helps.

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Thanks again

Thanks patto and DJ
I will try that and run the motor again. I have put the older style clutch shoes in but still have the new ones to try later, I am putting in a Sirio evo in it, so will have to wait and see how it goes, has anyone had experience with these engines,seems to take about 15 secounds for the idle to come back down, any ideas?
Thanks
Jamie
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks patto and DJ
I will try that and run the motor again. I have put the older style clutch shoes in but still have the new ones to try later, I am putting in a Sirio evo in it, so will have to wait and see how it goes, has anyone had experience with these engines,seems to take about 15 secounds for the idle to come back down, any ideas?
Thanks
Jamie
do you have the sirio top mount for the 733 ? i had major issues fitting in my sirio based engine in the 733. now i find a new top mount for the sirio the engines sit low, and hit the chassis. plus the holes arent quite lined up for the motor tags.

with the idle, make sure your bottom end isnt too lean, and also check your idle screw isnt locking on the slide, as if you idle them up some what for run in, they seem to bind a little. so back off the idle screw as well and see if that helps. if you pinch the fuel line, then count how many seconds it takes to idle up then seem close to cutting out. if it does it straight away, then its too lean. about 4-6 seconds before it idles up , and go from there. do the final tuning at the track.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hi guys,

About the fly weights. I think at the moment the new normal from the factory is opposite of the older ones. We got a back of weights at the Nationals and they were all "the wrong way", based on what we are used to. I will say I have been running them and they work fine, although they do have a different point at which they like to engage. I think they have a little bit more of an aggressive feel when they hit.

To answer someones question, yes just loosen the clutch nut. You can stick a 1.5mm tool in the open whole in the clutch bell. The make sure to turn the flywheel till you get in the groove of the clutch nut. Then with a 2.5 turn the trust bearing as if to tighten the thrust bearing. Do this as half turn ingraments till you get the clutch how you want it. One hand will hold the 1.5 wrench so you hold the nut in place and the other will turn the 2.5 to loosen the clutch nut.

Hope this helps.

DJ Apolaro
it only seems to be the kit ones DJ. the replacements in packets go back to original orientation. but its ok to use the kit ones, but grip has to be there. and many guys are trying to run in engines with the new cars. like a fresh new start with car and motors. Great to see. also the clutch spring is harder in the kit than the 720 08. i think the same as the 09 720, which again is ok for higher grip conditions.

got a question for you DJ, check your PM . thanks.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default sirio engine

Had no probs fitting the engine in, Went straight in.I will try the tips thanks so much. I want to run down at moorebank at somestage so would like to catch up at some stage, I am racing at penrith at the moment.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Had no probs fitting the engine in, Went straight in.I will try the tips thanks so much. I want to run down at moorebank at somestage so would like to catch up at some stage, I am racing at penrith at the moment.
i was only there for the nationals. im back in perth now.

there are a few guys running the car at moorebank now.
if you run in to problems while you are there, im sure Kyle , David, or Andrew can help out.

if you can PM me your emial ill send you a setup sheet from the nats.
i wasnt up there, but i was gettign there in the end. never run the car before then, and a new track to me, not to mention not running on that sort of grip before. i think i got down to 18.2 or 3 . not 100% sure.
also what body are you running ? cheers Patto......
Old 10-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile you got a pm

patto, thanks heaps
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
on another note , just got me gear back from the AU Nats.

i got one of those Li-Fe 1450mah 6.6v packs.
i didnt have a compatable charger for them in Sydney, so i stuck with the Nimh pack. my car was heavy. 1805g . also the new fuel tanks are a little under size.

i weighed the Nimh pack. 125grams.
now the Li Fe battery weighed in at 78grams. since there is no reg needed there is no additional weight to add from that. so now that is a huge 47gram reduction in weight. and when the spool is available, i rekon the car will be needing some weight added to it. which is where you want it added. so its all looking good so far.

DJ's latest setup is somewhere close that i ended up with in Sydney. high grip, but i didnt have a spool. the car is really good full short, yet still very stable.

now i guess need to try the Exceed Audi A5
Is Xceed Audi A5
isn't Exceed
Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Is Xceed Audi A5
isn't Exceed
ahhh sorry RC Market. i got court out. ill try to not let it happenning again .
Old 10-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default spool is here soon

Hi guys, just seen this on the serpent site. man it looks light
http://www.serpent.com/product/804185
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hi guys,

I went to a track that has high bite in Chaplin, CT. I used this set-up...

Rear-...

Standard hex....

If missed anything just ask.

Have fun and good luck,

DJ Apolaro

What does "standard hex" refer to?

tnx jack
Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Solid

http://www.serpent.com/product/804185/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.