Have you tried the Blitz body yet?
yup i have 3 i like them over the status
Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #1367
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
yup i have 3 i like them over the status
Where have you been running? Dont know that we've run into each other yet! Its always good having more Serpent touring car drivers in the region!
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #1368
Tech Rookie

Hey guys /DJ..

Been having a lot of trouble with the rear of the car sliding around. Had a good look at the downstops today and noticed when running 3 on the rear (using hudy droop guages) and having then reconnected the shocks the downstop grub screw is nowhere near the chassis. ie basically running max droop as the rear shock prevents the downward travel.

Adjusted it to 3 with the shocks connected and the rear was much more planted. Thing is this goes against every rule of setting the downstops in the book.

How are you guys setting it and how long are your rear shocks as this is the only variable I can think of?

Would appreciate your thoughts...
Gap Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #1369
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Man View Post
Hey guys /DJ..

Been having a lot of trouble with the rear of the car sliding around. Had a good look at the downstops today and noticed when running 3 on the rear (using hudy droop guages) and having then reconnected the shocks the downstop grub screw is nowhere near the chassis. ie basically running max droop as the rear shock prevents the downward travel.

Adjusted it to 3 with the shocks connected and the rear was much more planted. Thing is this goes against every rule of setting the downstops in the book.

How are you guys setting it and how long are your rear shocks as this is the only variable I can think of?

Would appreciate your thoughts...
Sounds like your shocks are to short. Try to make them longer. Once you set the down stops for the up travel. You shoul dbe able to mount the shocks and not affect the droop. Make them long enough the get this and also make sure each shock is the same length.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #1370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Where have you been running? Dont know that we've run into each other yet! Its always good having more Serpent touring car drivers in the region!
we have'nt yet. dont have my own transportation so that makes it a lil hard to make it all the races i want. Some times I take a cab to Floyd to get some practice in. But looking forward to racing with you
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #1371
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
we have'nt yet. dont have my own transportation so that makes it a lil hard to make it all the races i want. Some times I take a cab to Floyd to get some practice in. But looking forward to racing with you
I remember having similar droop issues with my 720. To solve the problem I replaced the rear shock shafts with ones from the 966 and problem solved. In the 733 I used the longer rear shock shafts from a 966 from day one and did not have any droop issues with this mod.

This mod does effectively makes the rear shock longer as suggested by DJ.

I hope this helps

Last edited by Erchur; 10-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #1372
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hi guys,

I went to a track that has high bite in Chaplin, CT....

Key Notes:

I did not use any of the screws that stiffen the chassis. All four in the back are taken out and I also removed the one in the bottom that is for the radio tray....

If I missed anything just ask.

Have fun and good luck,

DJ Apolaro
I don't understand which screws you are writing about.
jack
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #1373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

there is one screw in the center on the bottom of the chassis and there are for under the motor mounts on the bottom of the chassis which stiffen the car those are the ones DJ is referring to. Hope this helps you.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #1374
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Have you tried the Blitz body yet?
no kelly I have been out the loop just getting things back on track
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #1375
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmbia45 View Post
I don't understand which screws you are writing about.
jack
If you go to the bottum of the set-up sheet you will see the 4 screws that are used for the chassis stiffness. I have all four removed. Make sure to remove the correct ones. I also took out the screw in the middle of the chassis that you use to hold in the radio tray from the bottum. It is one screw that screws into the plastic piece for the radio tray. Here is a link to the set-up page for the 733. It is a blank one, just for helping you to see what I am referring to.

http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #1376
Tech Regular

Quote:
If you go to the bottum of the set-up sheet you will see the 4 screws that are used for the chassis stiffness. I have all four removed. Make sure to remove the correct ones. I also took out the screw in the middle of the chassis that you use to hold in the radio tray from the bottum. It is one screw that screws into the plastic piece for the radio tray. Here is a link to the set-up page for the 733. It is a blank one, just for helping you to see what I am referring to.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Got it. Thanks DJ. jack
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #1377
Tech Adept

Quote:

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
DJ,

What handling effect I should expect from removing the chassis stiffening screws?

Thanks
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #1378
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
DJ,

What handling effect I should expect from removing the chassis stiffening screws?

Thanks
more chassis flex = more grip
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #1379
Tech Apprentice

Default clutch adjustment

Hi All
I am new to centax clutch adjustments and was wondering if someone could help, I have fitted up the clutch as per instructions but it is engading to late, how do I adjust it to come on earlier, as I am tring to run in an engine and I have a low bit track anyway.
Thanks heaps
Jamie
crashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #1380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman1 View Post
Hi All
I am new to centax clutch adjustments and was wondering if someone could help, I have fitted up the clutch as per instructions but it is engading to late, how do I adjust it to come on earlier, as I am tring to run in an engine and I have a low bit track anyway.
Thanks heaps
Jamie
make sure your flyout weights are right. the original kits had them machined the wrong way, which makes the clutch too later engagement. they should fall to the right of the pin. if they fall left, they are the wrongly machined ones.
also make sure you clutch spring isnt too tight for the run in process.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote