R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #1366
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Have you tried the Blitz body yet?
yup i have 3 i like them over the status
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #1367
Tech Addict
 
Dreddlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: L.I., NY
Posts: 655
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
yup i have 3 i like them over the status
Where have you been running? Dont know that we've run into each other yet! Its always good having more Serpent touring car drivers in the region!
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #1368
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4
Default

Hey guys /DJ..

Been having a lot of trouble with the rear of the car sliding around. Had a good look at the downstops today and noticed when running 3 on the rear (using hudy droop guages) and having then reconnected the shocks the downstop grub screw is nowhere near the chassis. ie basically running max droop as the rear shock prevents the downward travel.

Adjusted it to 3 with the shocks connected and the rear was much more planted. Thing is this goes against every rule of setting the downstops in the book.

How are you guys setting it and how long are your rear shocks as this is the only variable I can think of?

Would appreciate your thoughts...
Gap Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #1369
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gap Man View Post
Hey guys /DJ..

Been having a lot of trouble with the rear of the car sliding around. Had a good look at the downstops today and noticed when running 3 on the rear (using hudy droop guages) and having then reconnected the shocks the downstop grub screw is nowhere near the chassis. ie basically running max droop as the rear shock prevents the downward travel.

Adjusted it to 3 with the shocks connected and the rear was much more planted. Thing is this goes against every rule of setting the downstops in the book.

How are you guys setting it and how long are your rear shocks as this is the only variable I can think of?

Would appreciate your thoughts...
Sounds like your shocks are to short. Try to make them longer. Once you set the down stops for the up travel. You shoul dbe able to mount the shocks and not affect the droop. Make them long enough the get this and also make sure each shock is the same length.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #1370
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Where have you been running? Dont know that we've run into each other yet! Its always good having more Serpent touring car drivers in the region!
we have'nt yet. dont have my own transportation so that makes it a lil hard to make it all the races i want. Some times I take a cab to Floyd to get some practice in. But looking forward to racing with you
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #1371
Tech Adept
 
Erchur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
we have'nt yet. dont have my own transportation so that makes it a lil hard to make it all the races i want. Some times I take a cab to Floyd to get some practice in. But looking forward to racing with you
I remember having similar droop issues with my 720. To solve the problem I replaced the rear shock shafts with ones from the 966 and problem solved. In the 733 I used the longer rear shock shafts from a 966 from day one and did not have any droop issues with this mod.

This mod does effectively makes the rear shock longer as suggested by DJ.

I hope this helps

Last edited by Erchur; 10-15-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #1372
Tech Regular
 
clmbia45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Hi guys,

I went to a track that has high bite in Chaplin, CT....

Key Notes:

I did not use any of the screws that stiffen the chassis. All four in the back are taken out and I also removed the one in the bottom that is for the radio tray....

If I missed anything just ask.

Have fun and good luck,

DJ Apolaro
I don't understand which screws you are writing about.
jack
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:26 PM   #1373
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,852
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

there is one screw in the center on the bottom of the chassis and there are for under the motor mounts on the bottom of the chassis which stiffen the car those are the ones DJ is referring to. Hope this helps you.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #1374
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreddlox View Post
Have you tried the Blitz body yet?
no kelly I have been out the loop just getting things back on track
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:05 AM   #1375
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmbia45 View Post
I don't understand which screws you are writing about.
jack
If you go to the bottum of the set-up sheet you will see the 4 screws that are used for the chassis stiffness. I have all four removed. Make sure to remove the correct ones. I also took out the screw in the middle of the chassis that you use to hold in the radio tray from the bottum. It is one screw that screws into the plastic piece for the radio tray. Here is a link to the set-up page for the 733. It is a blank one, just for helping you to see what I am referring to.



http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #1376
Tech Regular
 
clmbia45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
If you go to the bottum of the set-up sheet you will see the 4 screws that are used for the chassis stiffness. I have all four removed. Make sure to remove the correct ones. I also took out the screw in the middle of the chassis that you use to hold in the radio tray from the bottum. It is one screw that screws into the plastic piece for the radio tray. Here is a link to the set-up page for the 733. It is a blank one, just for helping you to see what I am referring to.



http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Got it. Thanks DJ. jack
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #1377
Tech Adept
 
Erchur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
If you go to the bottum of the set-up sheet you will see the 4 screws that are used for the chassis stiffness. I have all four removed. Make sure to remove the correct ones. I also took out the screw in the middle of the chassis that you use to hold in the radio tray from the bottum. It is one screw that screws into the plastic piece for the radio tray. Here is a link to the set-up page for the 733. It is a blank one, just for helping you to see what I am referring to.



http://serpent.com/racing/setups/

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
DJ,

What handling effect I should expect from removing the chassis stiffening screws?

Thanks
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #1378
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
DJ,

What handling effect I should expect from removing the chassis stiffening screws?

Thanks
more chassis flex = more grip
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 AM   #1379
Tech Apprentice
 
crashman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 69
Default clutch adjustment

Hi All
I am new to centax clutch adjustments and was wondering if someone could help, I have fitted up the clutch as per instructions but it is engading to late, how do I adjust it to come on earlier, as I am tring to run in an engine and I have a low bit track anyway.
Thanks heaps
Jamie
crashman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #1380
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman1 View Post
Hi All
I am new to centax clutch adjustments and was wondering if someone could help, I have fitted up the clutch as per instructions but it is engading to late, how do I adjust it to come on earlier, as I am tring to run in an engine and I have a low bit track anyway.
Thanks heaps
Jamie
make sure your flyout weights are right. the original kits had them machined the wrong way, which makes the clutch too later engagement. they should fall to the right of the pin. if they fall left, they are the wrongly machined ones.
also make sure you clutch spring isnt too tight for the run in process.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:21 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net