R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2009, 08:50 PM   #1111
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Just for you Mr Wayne; The traction was super high. I would not use this set-up normally. Too stiff in the front, but I was tring to make the car transition really fast for the chicanes.

Front
droop 0
stock sway bar
green springs layed down
2 hole piston 1,000 wt oil
car short and 2mm of actual caster or 4mm of clips (same thing)
-1 toe on each side
1.75 left and 1.5 right camber
4 ride height
37 shore 56mm - Twister (non light weight)
198 width

Rear
droop 3
2.3mm sway bar inner position
pink springs 2nd hole from bottom
3 hole piston 900wt oil
car short
+2 toe on each side
3.25 left camber and 2.75 right camber
5 ride height
camber link inner bottom on tower and inner on hub with 1mm shim
2 back screw out for more flex on the bottum of chassis. The ones that hold the motor mount thingy.
40 shore 58mm Twister (non light weight)
199 width

For normal traction I would use blue front spings, red rear springs and 2.5 rear toe. Also maybe flip the shock pistons front to rear. Just switch the spings, the shocks themselves are the same size.

If I missed anything, just ask. I leave out of town in the morning. Will be back Monday night. Will reply then.

Later,

DJ Apolaro
That's why we love you so much
p1pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #1112
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default hey

hey Wayne I guess this is considered cyber stalking you better get back to work on that 733 race day is 10 days away no time to waste it takes alot of work to get that new car around the track in one piece Peter
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #1113
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1pioneer View Post
That's why we love you so much
P1 RU you going to the state race @ Homestead would be nice to see you wheeling again
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #1114
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
P1 RU you going to the state race @ Homestead would be nice to see you wheeling again
George i'm not missing that for nothing.And for you peter you'll see it make it around the track,as a matter of fact there will be a few just for you.
p1pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #1115
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedypeterb View Post
hey Wayne I guess this is considered cyber stalking you better get back to work on that 733 race day is 10 days away no time to waste it takes alot of work to get that new car around the track in one piece Peter
And stop stalking me Peter
p1pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #1116
Tech Fanatic
 
Speedypeterb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pompano Beach FL.
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Speedypeterb
Default hey

alright you just had to ask goodnight hey George
Speedypeterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:01 AM   #1117
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Sup Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1pioneer View Post
George i'm not missing that for nothing.And for you peter you'll see it make it around the track,as a matter of fact there will be a few just for you.
I will be there i will be following close behind to make sure you get around the track nice smooth, oh yah better be damit fast, G4RS 09 maybe can help you out with that joke guys see you guys on Sat.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:18 AM   #1118
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64 View Post
I will be there i will be following close behind to make sure you get around the track nice smooth, oh yah better be damit fast, G4RS 09 maybe can help you out with that joke guys see you guys on Sat.
Bobby, looks like you already know you have no choice but to be bringing up the rear Seriously this wil be a great race.
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:56 AM   #1119
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Weight transfer

Why is it that I never see anyone tweak their cars with fuel in the tank. Is there a technical reason for this practice? With less fuel less I know less weight gets transfered because the weight of the car is reduced but the car's center of gravity never changes neither does the roll axis, so why not tweak the car with the fuel (maybe 1/2 tank) as a compromise. Wouldn't that gave a more neutral handling car throughtout it's entire run?

Just a thought
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #1120
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Lurking,& Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Bobby, looks like you already know you have no choice but to be bringing up the rear Seriously this wil be a great race.
You know i just sit back an wait you know one bobble then im all over yah. It will good to see you guys again its been awhile.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:08 AM   #1121
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Why is it that I never see anyone tweak their cars with fuel in the tank. Is there a technical reason for this practice? With less fuel less I know less weight gets transfered because the weight of the car is reduced but the car's center of gravity never changes neither does the roll axis, so why not tweak the car with the fuel (maybe 1/2 tank) as a compromise. Wouldn't that gave a more neutral handling car throughtout it's entire run?

Just a thought
Tino stick to painting please ......
Roniel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:22 AM   #1122
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roniel_R View Post
Tino stick to painting please ......
Waddup... BTW congrats!!!!
man can't a guy get a break..lol
__________________
TEAM MAGIC "making my competition disappear"
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #1123
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

R.I.P to all the World Trade Center victims as well as the other two flights gone but never forgotten.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #1124
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Plus 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
R.I.P to all the World Trade Center victims as well as the other two flights gone but never forgotten.
Plus 1
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #1125
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens
Posts: 135
Send a message via Yahoo to noelcleofe17
Default

Just wanted to ask if this new 733 will be better than the MTX4R?
noelcleofe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net