R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #991
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
You can also go to www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com

Even by mail order, they can take care of all your Serpent needs. Their shipping is very reasonable. Plus Sam is very knowledgeable about the product and all the products and accessories he sells that would compliment your Serpent. His son Nigel is a driver for Serpent and can help you with your setups.
+1 on the customer support Sam takes care of his customers
Old 08-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #992
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default centax clutch flyweights

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellhound2007 View Post
I just wanted to discuss the clutch issue in more detail if anyone had a minute or two...

I appear to have the clutch shoes that were drilled on the wrong side as well. I have run the clutch with the concave side towards the flywheel but I do not like the amount of delay in the clutch engage time. If I understand a previous poster correctly, I can put the concave side out so that the trailing end of the shoe is towards the back when the flywheel spins counter clockwise. I know that is a mouth-full. I dont know how to explain it any better so you have my apologies.

Serpent America, was this a production issue? Kind of strange due to the fact that the clutch was unchanged betweent he 720 and 733.
My kit came with two flyweights drilled on the wrong side. I didn't even think of trying to used them like that, instead I used spares from my 720. I would recomend getting the proper flyweights. Installing them the wrong way might be the reason your clutch is not engaging when is supposed.

Hope this helps... I asked before if anybody had encounter the same problem with their kits seems we are not the only ones...
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #993
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambusratte View Post
What's the difference between the old and the new Diff-Housing? Any pics?
+1
i need some o rings too
cobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #994
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambusratte View Post
What's the difference between the old and the new Diff-Housing? Any pics?
Word had it that the new diff housing has more material where the screws thread into and possibly different screws because many guys have stripped the screws in the diff housing when assembling it which resulted in leaks.

I stripped one screw on my front diff when I used the wrong screw. Its leaking now. However I didn't have that problem on the rear diff.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #995
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
Word had it that the new diff housing has more material where the screws thread into and possibly different screws because many guys have stripped the screws in the diff housing when assembling it which resulted in leaks.

I stripped one screw on my front diff when I used the wrong screw. Its leaking now. However I didn't have that problem on the rear diff.
So was updated new diff housing now !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #996
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Even by mail order, they can take care of all your Serpent needs. Their shipping is very reasonable. Plus Sam is very knowledgeable about the product and all the products and accessories he sells that would compliment your Serpent. His son Nigel is a driver for Serpent and can help you with your setups.[/QUOTE]

ok thanx bud, so i been talk to serpent asia and serpent america, and even rc mushroom, no one wants to help me with my tank and my cluth shoes, so seems i have to buy my warrantied parts
skidoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #997
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoos View Post
Even by mail order, they can take care of all your Serpent needs. Their shipping is very reasonable. Plus Sam is very knowledgeable about the product and all the products and accessories he sells that would compliment your Serpent. His son Nigel is a driver for Serpent and can help you with your setups.

ok thanx bud, so i been talk to serpent asia and serpent america, and even rc mushroom, no one wants to help me with my tank and my cluth shoes, so seems i have to buy my warrantied parts

Have you thought about drilling holes in the other side of the shoe? I've done it before using a drill press and it works, plus I got the benefit of having a lighter flyweight.

Just take care of positioning the holes so the flyweight will be balanced (i.e., holes need to be in the same position on all three shoes)

Cheers,

Erchur

Last edited by Erchur; 08-27-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Erchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #998
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
My kit came with two flyweights drilled on the wrong side. I didn't even think of trying to used them like that, instead I used spares from my 720. I would recomend getting the proper flyweights. Installing them the wrong way might be the reason your clutch is not engaging when is supposed.

Hope this helps... I asked before if anybody had encounter the same problem with their kits seems we are not the only ones...
Two of us in Western Australia purchased kits and both had incorrect flyweights, small problem compared to all the positives with this car
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 AM   #999
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to spurgear

The two middle shaft pulleys are supposed to be vented?
Futaba 3PK HRS with Digital Servos/ JLR Starter Box
East Civic 200mm
spurgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #1000
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgear View Post
The two middle shaft pulleys are supposed to be vented?

like on these pictures?
No, it's not for ventilation, but to let dirt get out.....
Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #1001
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidoos View Post
The clutch shoe is the one piece round thing that goes against the clutch bell. The ones you need are the fly weights which sit on the flywheel.

Just think of it this way, the money you "thought" you saved by buying it from RC Mushroom got spent on those new parts you need. Luckily these parts are now very inexpensive since they're all made in China. Since RC Mushroom wouldn't help you with your parts situation, I would just avoid them completely for all your later Serpent needs altogether.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #1002
Tech Adept

I bought my car from RC-Mushroom, they will not replace the Tank if I don’t return it, I always by my spare from Serpent America or dealer in the US not this time I was too much excited to have the car, in Panama we have no dealer of Serpent. When you want to be the first in having a new product and when the change is as big as it is the 733 from 720, you now you have this possible situation, in my case been in a country without a dealer is even worth, but that is part of the cost of been first to have it.

I must say that even with my tank been broke (I fix it temporally), I am very happy with this car; I have no regret not even with the tank problem.

The improvement of the car compare to the 720 is big, I have put more than 25 tanks in the car (733) and every time I test it I am happier, I am using Dj, initial Set Up recommendation, in a Low traction technical Parking lot track, is working grate, my 720 is grate and I do have a very good set up, but it took a lot of time an work to have it, if a change a small part, the car (720) will change dramatically, not in the case of the 733, it takes small changes and the car (733) does small changes, so you can really play with the set up`, with no trauma.

You have to admit, that Serpent have rush to have this car out in to the market, this always creates problems, like Software’s there are always people who like to be the first one to play with it, and they are the ones who give recommendation to the company to fix bugs, same with this Hobby.

Look I will have to buy me tank, because RC-Musroom will not replace it, and I do not regret it a bit, I would had been unhappy in reading all the excellent comments people are talking about the car and not been part of it.
As I said in 3hobby, we Serpent lover have now a winner, here in Panama Kyoshoo and Mugen driver are really looking into the car.

RCPANAMA
Old 08-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #1003
Tech Adept

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
Link
http://www.rcmaxpower.com/en/product...e.asp?idsub=22

Has anyone used this pipe on the 733 with the matched manifold, mine touches the linkage

I had same problem, fixed it: the side belt tensioner in the manual is on the top of the plate. I install it bellow the plate so I was able to get the belt tighter and it will not rub the Manifold.

RCPANAMA
Old 08-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #1004
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama View Post
I had same problem, fixed it: the side belt tensioner in the manual is on the top of the plate. I install it bellow the plate so I was able to get the belt tighter and it will not rub the Manifold.

RCPANAMA
contact to World Model !
http://www.world-model.com/contact.html
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:51 PM   #1005
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default starter box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghn-sp View Post
rcpaintinpete,

I d like to see the pics of the box ? Thanks