R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #706
Tech Adept
 
shawn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 118
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
and here are the vynal stickers made.
not wasting anything, the black on the bonnet, is weeding from the black on the side.


Plastics look great man, what did you use for a template for the color scheme.
shawn01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #707
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HELP!!!

Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #708
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!

Go to 30K diff oil. Better use 40K. Makes the change less big.
Could also try some more toe-in...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #709
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland View Post
RC-mushroom $499 w/shipping
is $499.99 !
$490 now !

Last edited by RC MARKET; 08-03-2009 at 01:20 PM.
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 AM   #710
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01 View Post
Plastics look great man, what did you use for a template for the color scheme.
hand drawn on corel draw. then exported to vynal cutter
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 05:47 AM   #711
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Check and make sure you don't have a bind in the rear. DJ was running the lowest roll center position(rear lower hinge pin) so you should have traction. You could try long springs in the rear if you have them, probably orange.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #712
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Hello everyone!!!

Today I finished 3rd at my local track with my 733. The more I drive it the more I like it better than my 720... anyway...

How can I correct this? When I'm coming out on of the turns if I give it too much throttle I loose the back end. I'm runing DJ's setup except for the front diff (80K serpent) which was the tickes I have, I'm using the shock springsthat came with the kit and 35W shock oil in the rear shocks instead of 40W like in DJ's set up. The guy who finished first drove my car and told me I should try changing the rear diff to 30K I currently have 50K serpent.

What can I change to improve rear traction when coming out of corners and on throttle? tire size? front diff? change to 30K on the rear diff?

Also I have almost no end play on my clutch bell. Pat who finished 1st and runs the NT1 told me I should change my centax set up so that I have more end play and more bottom power. He let me drive his NT1 and I would bearly touch to throttle and his car had amazing take off!!! What should the end play be set at? his was aprox. 1mm to 1.3mm just by looking at it. My end play is probable .2 or less.

Thanks for the help!!!!
If your track has decent traction I would try:

Check rear ride height, make sure the car is not bottoming out.
Moving the front arms more forward. (Take out caster)
More rear toe
Harder front diff oil (120,000-150,000) - (what diff oil is your friend using?)
Less front toe (make sure you only have .5 out on each side)
Use long spring in rear is possible
Put more angle into the rear camber link

I would try the following,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #713
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Check and make sure you don't have a bind in the rear. DJ was running the lowest roll center position(rear lower hinge pin) so you should have traction. You could try long springs in the rear if you have them, probably orange.
Thanks! QUIETSTORM

No binding parts anywhere, I am using the lowest roll center position. I'm going to order the long set of new springs from serpent.
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #714
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
If your track has decent traction I would try:

Check rear ride height, make sure the car is not bottoming out.
Moving the front arms more forward. (Take out caster)
More rear toe
Harder front diff oil (120,000-150,000) - (what diff oil is your friend using?)
Less front toe (make sure you only have .5 out on each side)
Use long spring in rear is possible
Put more angle into the rear camber link

I would try the following,

DJ Apolaro
Yes, our track has decent traction I'm running 40's all around.
I think the car WAS bottoming out! I had the rear ride height set at 6mm I'll raise it a little more and see what happens.
I'll take out the caster.
set the rear toe in to 3.5
will buy thicker diff oils for the front. If i remember well my friend was running a spool on his NT1
I'm sure the front toe our is set at .5

Thanks DJ!!!
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #715
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Yes, our track has decent traction I'm running 40's all around.
I think the car WAS bottoming out! I had the rear ride height set at 6mm I'll raise it a little more and see what happens.
I'll take out the caster.
set the rear toe in to 3.5
will buy thicker diff oils for the front. If i remember well my friend was running a spool on his NT1
I'm sure the front toe our is set at .5

Thanks DJ!!!
6mm is usually a good ride height, is the track bumpy?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #716
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Yes, our track has decent traction I'm running 40's all around.
I think the car WAS bottoming out! I had the rear ride height set at 6mm I'll raise it a little more and see what happens.
What brand shock oil are you using? I had the same bottoming out problem, but I was using Associated oil.

Associated 40W is a whole lot lighter than Serpent 40W. Be sure you use the Serpent stuff (or similar...I think XRay is the same viscosity...someone can confirm).

I ended up going to 45W oil in the rear with the long pink spring for the GLC. 6mm rear ride height. Car didn't bottom out anymore. I bumped into the A-Main and finished 8th.

I'll post my setup tonight or tomorrow, when I get home and look at my car.
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #717
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Gonzo

I think once you get the longer springs the 6mm of ride height will work. Unless the track is real bumpy. Then maybe 6.5mm.

I am using 40wt serpent oil and about 25% rebound. Also just for your info 40wt serpent is 1,000cst in other brands.

Good luck and keep us posted and we can offer help if you still need.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #718
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Gonzo

I think once you get the longer springs the 6mm of ride height will work. Unless the track is real bumpy. Then maybe 6.5mm.

I am using 40wt serpent oil and about 25% rebound. Also just for your info 40wt serpent is 1,000cst in other brands.

Good luck and keep us posted and we can offer help if you still need.

DJ Apolaro
The track is nice and smooth. I'm using serpent shock oils, I will rebuild my rear shocks with 40wt this time and the 25% rebound.

Thanks to all for the quick responses!

I will keep you posted!!!

oh what about the end play on the clutch bell? what should I set it at?
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:45 AM   #719
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

I would start with .7 gap and .2 end play. Make sure you understand the different between the two, it is very important. This is a standard setup that works with all motors and should give a good clutch. Make sure to use a good spring. The newer serpent one is great( it came with the kit, so you should be fine), but there are others that work good also. Make sure to adjust the nut till it starts to slip and then back it off about 1/4 to 1/2 turn.

Key things;

more gap = more aggressive clutch (do not go over .9)
more endplay = also more aggressive (harder on the life of the thrust bearing)

Good luck,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #720
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
The track is nice and smooth. I'm using serpent shock oils, I will rebuild my rear shocks with 40wt this time and the 25% rebound.

Thanks to all for the quick responses!

I will keep you posted!!!

oh what about the end play on the clutch bell? what should I set it at?
Do you race at Leisure Hours? If so, I'll be over at the Byron's race in a few weeks and we can compare notes then.
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net