R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #676
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Mariche
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
found it!!!!
I think some of those numbers are not right, from what I fount in the manuals and in the Serpent site.

I have found the following:

Brake: 20T
Reaf Diff: 40T
Main Axis side: 21T
Middle axis side: 21T (almost sure)
Middle axis internal: 18T (not sure)
Front Axis: 35T

If those numbers are correct, split is 1,7mm for 60mm rear tires.
Can someone confirm?
Fernando_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #677
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

The information posted earlier by Serpent America was a mistake. The info is correct with the last post.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #678
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to yellow_grey
Exclamation

Am stoked to have completed building the 733. All went well, despite that fact that this is my nitro car comeback after leaving it about 7 years ago with the Impulse, Impact, Vector & Veteq.

I've only got one gripe. I simply cannot believe that the rear wheel axle (1 side) snapped right at the threads. Now i dont think that i may have overtorqued it as i was not using a cross wrench and i know how to torque (i build Aircrafts too (Heli's and Planes). Thank goodness, apparently this part has been common even since the Impulse, 710, 720 and now the 733 (ser-801215). I can imagine, that this being a new release, parts are pretty tough at least until a couple of weeks!

I dont know if this has to do with early release, version 1 product, but if i look back at my VETEQ manual, which i still have , there is much more information available with detailed descriptions and also a setup book, like what you get with xray's (those are fantastic) which is currently missing on the 733.

Well at least i got the stickers in the box, which i can see that some of you guys didn't get! I guess they are improving it along the line.

What are your thoughts on the wheel axle? I know its spring steel, but snapped even before it saw some track time? Have anyone had any experience of it snapping before? What likely caused it? Cos now i'm concerned that if its to do with torqueing, then i applied similar to the other drive sections and may risk some metallurgical damage already! Should i start ordering the rear and fronts as precaution? I hate the idea of down time, once i hit the track especially without spares in hand yet.
yellow_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #679
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_grey View Post
Am stoked to have completed building the 733. All went well, despite that fact that this is my nitro car comeback after leaving it about 7 years ago with the Impulse, Impact, Vector & Veteq.

I've only got one gripe. I simply cannot believe that the rear wheel axle (1 side) snapped right at the threads. Now i dont think that i may have overtorqued it as i was not using a cross wrench and i know how to torque (i build Aircrafts too (Heli's and Planes). Thank goodness, apparently this part has been common even since the Impulse, 710, 720 and now the 733 (ser-801215). I can imagine, that this being a new release, parts are pretty tough at least until a couple of weeks!

I dont know if this has to do with early release, version 1 product, but if i look back at my VETEQ manual, which i still have , there is much more information available with detailed descriptions and also a setup book, like what you get with xray's (those are fantastic) which is currently missing on the 733.

Well at least i got the stickers in the box, which i can see that some of you guys didn't get! I guess they are improving it along the line.

What are your thoughts on the wheel axle? I know its spring steel, but snapped even before it saw some track time? Have anyone had any experience of it snapping before? What likely caused it? Cos now i'm concerned that if its to do with torqueing, then i applied similar to the other drive sections and may risk some metallurgical damage already! Should i start ordering the rear and fronts as precaution? I hate the idea of down time, once i hit the track especially without spares in hand yet.
YOU GOT STICKERS???? LUCKY! lol

I agree with you on the manual and missing set up book. I used DJ's set up (posted earlier) and work great for me! I was almost doing the same lap times as my 720! very easy to drive.

It's strange what happened with the wheel axle I've never had that problem before.
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #680
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

here is a quick file made in corel draw, just the numbers at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-733.jpg  
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #681
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erchur View Post
Pattojnr,

Yes, the 733 number will do since I can use the text from the Serpent 720 logo (not the same , but it will do for the time being). Just trying to save some computer time as I as planning on creating it from scratch.

I have the snake logo in Corel format. send me a PM if you are interested in this file.

Erchur
the .cdr file is ready for you. cheers, Patto.....
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #682
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: miami
Posts: 228
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Serpent 733

Here is the Set-up I wound start with in the US:

Front
120,000-150,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
-1 droop
middle roll center position
car long
3mm caster in front of arm
5.5mm ride height
blue spring layed down
2 hole piston
40wt oil
.5 toe out on each side
1.5 camber
stock sway bar
ackerman in back position and wide

Rear
40,000-50,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
3 droop
lowest roll center position on bottom pins
car long
camber link inner and 2nd position from bottom
2mm under link on outer position
6mm of ride height
red springs in second position (orange in 3rd postion if low bite)
3 hole piston
40wt oil
3 toe in on each side
3 camber and 3.5 on outside tire
stock sway bar, I used 2.3, as track was green

Hope this helps and if I forgot something just ask. I will try to answer questions as fast as possible, but I am pretty busy with work at the moment. Also remember this was the first outting (In the US) with the car, so things may still change for me. If they do I will update the posted information.

Have fun with the new 733,

DJ Apolaro[/QUOTE]



Hey Dj,
what tire shore were you running with this setup?
jjrctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 PM   #683
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

I think is used 37 all around, as the track was green. I also am now using the long normal springs in the rear. Not changing anything with the shock, just the spring.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #684
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
here is a quick file made in corel draw, just the numbers at the moment.
patto save a set of then EEL
stickers for my slime green stratusthanks mate
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #685
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

I still do not have sticker............ Hopefully mine come this week with my spare stuff for the car.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #686
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
YOU GOT STICKERS???? LUCKY! lol

I agree with you on the manual and missing set up book. I used DJ's set up (posted earlier) and work great for me! I was almost doing the same lap times as my 720! very easy to drive.

It's strange what happened with the wheel axle I've never had that problem before.
all car is had 733 decal !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #687
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
patto save a set of then EEL
stickers for my slime green stratusthanks mate
Hk same said EEL & qqb
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #688
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
all car is had 733 decal !
Not mine! just manual! I already order decals and spares should be in next week!
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #689
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR View Post
Not mine! just manual! I already order decals and spares should be in next week!
why don't contact your dealer ?
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:52 PM   #690
Tech Regular
 
Gonzo RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
why don't contact your dealer ?
I will maybe they wont charge me for them. That would be nice!!! they are only like 6 bucks anyway...
__________________
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net