R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #586
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
The loose rear maybe due to the short rear springs...........maybe, not sure yet. I tried this on my 720 and the result was similar to what we are getting on the 733, just a tad loose but it is very drivable. I'm going to try the long rear springs like DJ did.
not sure if it will be taboo but i tried the car with a xray short front and mugen long rear... definitely much easier to drive....
katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #587
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
Well today I tested the car more and found a few things that worked better for me. The track was bumpy and had some slow and fast sections. I found that the car is more stable with the rear camber links at more of an angle. A little more droop in the front to transfer weight to rear helped stable the car out for me. I also used standard rear springs instead of the short ones. I did notice the car gets good tire wear and this was confirmed by one of the locals as well. They ran the same set of tires for practice, quals and final. Normally the track would have used a minimum of 2 sets, maybe 3.

How is everyone liking the car. Here in Florida the racers are very happy with the performance and look.

DJ Apolaro
I'm VERY happy with my 733

Today was the first time for my 733 at the local track. I bearly had enough time to put it together before the race, I was still working on the body 30 mins before the track opened. The fist tank running it, felt really easy to drive. A lot better than when I ran my 720 for the first time, except for the front diff but I had already predicted that... I need to rebuild the front diff with thicker oil.
I used the set up posted by DJ which was a very good starting point. Thanks again!!!!
I used OFNA 100K oil on the front diff but I noticed it didn't feel very stiff like its supposed to... the rear diff felt stiffer (I used serpent diff oil in the rear diff). I noticed right away but decided to leave it like that since I was going to run my 720 anyway because I felt the 733 needed some more testing and setting up.

Well I ran the 733 for the 3rd qualifier and my fast lap was 17.167.
My fast lap with the 720 was 16.992 not bad at all for the 733 for the first time!!!!!!n I'm sure I will do better once I have the front diff set up right.

I did practice for 5 consecutive tanks until I had almost no tires with the 733 very impressive!!!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #588
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh I also took a few hits and no broken parts yet!!!
Xray NT1 '08 /'09 EC LRP12R / Serpent 720 '08 RB Concept V12, R3 RB mods, V12 Rody, Matrix RW / Serpent 733, 733TE RB T9 / EA RC8T OS .21 Vspec speed tuned / Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 / EA SC10 / Serpent Cobra GT coming soon!
Gonzo RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 PM   #589
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

just wonder that xray clutch able to use on the 733. It's look quite similar to mi.
fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:25 PM   #590
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet View Post
any one elses tank leak? i'll take a better look at it tonight to make sure nothing looks out of place. mine was leaking like hell today and made a good mess.
it was so bad i got out the 720 and realised just how much better this new car is, and just dealt with the leak.

after looking at it, if i blow through the pressure line you hear it leaking really bad some of the times after closing, but sealed right if i pushed down on the lid just a bit.
seams to be getting better and sealing more as i play around with it.

whould going from red short to red long in the back really make a differince in handling?i was running front pink/rear orange both short, seamed to plant fine but i'm still playing with set ups options.

love the car so far even with the tank having a issue atm, what parts are you guys breaking.
cobrajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM   #591
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm in the middle of the building process of the 733 and I intend to use my spare Sirio XXX to run this baby.... However is it true that Sirio engines do not fit the engine mount of this car and you would require an optional engine mount to make it fit?
Has anyone tried using a Sirio on this car before?
auggy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
just wonder that xray clutch able to use on the 733. It's look quite similar to mi.
ummmm not being funny but what's the point? The Serpent clutch works just fine, no sense messing up the car with an Xray part
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #593
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to fatboy

no offense asking, saw the packaging and it seems similar to Xray Size.

fatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:19 AM   #594
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
no offense asking, saw the packaging and it seems similar to Xray Size.

Ever wondered why it looks similar to Xray? (actually, Xray looks similar to the Serpent clutch)
Why do you think in 8th scale also Mugen, Motonica, all went to the 3 pins type of clutch already in use by Serpent from the moment they introduced the centax system in modelracing...
You know why?
Because there is no better clutch then the Serpent clutch.

People stating otherwise, never ran Serpent....
Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #595
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
Ever wondered why it looks similar to Xray? (actually, Xray looks similar to the Serpent clutch)
Why do you think in 8th scale also Mugen, Motonica, all went to the 3 pins type of clutch already in use by Serpent from the moment they introduced the centax system in modelracing...
You know why?
Because there is no better clutch then the Serpent clutch.

People stating otherwise, never ran Serpent....
Mkay...... It is not the clutch but how YOU configure it. A good configured 4-shoe clutch works just as awesome as the 3-shoe. The only thing I must admit is that the 3-shoe clutch needs less maintenance to keep working awesome.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:13 AM   #596
Tech Regular

Quote:
i am using the xray clutch on the 733 because there is no stock for the correct pinions as of now... car works just fine...

however, i do note that the 733 clutch is lighter and spools up faster... more punchy too....
Old 07-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajet View Post
whould going from red short to red long in the back really make a differince in handling?i was running front pink/rear orange both short, seamed to plant fine but i'm still playing with set ups options.
a longer rear spring should give you a more rear grip even tho the springsrates are the same... thats based on experience... longer spring = more progressive?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 AM   #598
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default fuel tank filter drop out!!!

hi guys,
anyone with the new 733 fuel tank filter drop out or loosen... cost my engine lean out badly during the mains...

the car handles quite well out of the box... got the car friday, sat practice, sun race, finish A main #4 so not bad after long time didn't touch 1/10...
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:01 AM   #599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by katze View Post
a longer rear spring should give you a more rear grip even tho the springsrates are the same... thats based on experience... longer spring = more progressive?
Yeah I agree with you on that. From my understanding and experience when using the short springs the car stops leaning sooner so the car rotates easier. But that may just be me.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #600
Tech Elite

Any one notice that the manual says kit springs should be purple front and long red in the rear?