R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius View Post
There is no room for the usual ball. Or at least that would look hideous
No worry for slop, there won't be more than on the conventional method.
sounds cool... when are you testdriving? :-)
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:04 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Well done with your efforts DJ, i know its hard and very demanding doing both cars, as you also said, sounds like a great drive with the 8th. and some bad luck with Groskamp on his dash for TQ and the final. now take a well earned rest
Thanks, I am definately resting. The 1/8 scale was good. Michael Salven gave me a lot of helpful tips for driving under those conditions. The track was awesome and probably the best facility in the world. Based on what I have seen in the US and what the other internationals drivers were saying from the other countries. They had it all. Anyone wanting to race there does not have to think twice.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #33
Tech Adept

I reserve one car... please...
and23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow can you imagine the 733 with an LCG chassis and cut outs to put things like brass battery trays and brass front plates. I can already tell from the pictures that the car has the lowest CG in its class!! Also the car will be underweight by the looks of it so we can have options on where we place weight in the car. 1725 grams here we come!!
RC AMERICA, HUDY, XRAY, Nexus Racing, Desoto Racing, 301 Raceway(RIP). XRAY T4/NT1 coming for that #1 spot!! AKA-Melvin Aulston
Racer Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey DJ $100 for pics of the snake,Take it or leave it.
BTW What`s the eta on the 733?
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #36
Tech Elite

$100.00 Wow, let me send them over asap. hahahaha

I was so busy with 1/8 scale that I did not bother taking any photos.

When I spoke to Michael he said that some parts are already in production and others are being started. They were waiting on this race to help make final preperations. The cars will start being put into the market, hopefully in July. I think like always the first batch will be a few and more from there. I hope for the costumers in the USA they can get as many as possible before the Nationals. I had to give the one I use back to get further testing with Mark Green. Serpent is tring to have a few different opinions before releasing it to make the best product possible.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. I was told I will get one by the end of June to get started on learning set-ups. That way I can help the racers at the Nationals and on the forums. We will see and I will let you know when I do.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #37
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
$100.00 Wow, let me send them over asap. hahahaha

I was so busy with 1/8 scale that I did not bother taking any photos.

When I spoke to Michael he said that some parts are already in production and others are being started. They were waiting on this race to help make final preperations. The cars will start being put into the market, hopefully in July. I think like always the first batch will be a few and more from there. I hope for the costumers in the USA they can get as many as possible before the Nationals. I had to give the one I use back to get further testing with Mark Green. Serpent is tring to have a few different opinions before releasing it to make the best product possible.

I am sure it will be worth the wait. I was told I will get one by the end of June to get started on learning set-ups. That way I can help the racers at the Nationals and on the forums. We will see and I will let you know when I do.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Wow! It was once said that the 720 was "The most anticipated car" and indeed it was. IMO Serpent still has a very large fan base but more than ANYONE cares to admit, myself included.

Yes DJ I agree that you have been very resilient and carrying the Serpent banner as well as the expertise you have also brought. That statement is not an attempt to undermine what others have done but giving Kudos where it's well deserved.

That being said will I get the NEW car, maybe but Serpent is slow chipping away at my heart...
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Having seen the car this past weekend and getting to try it out. I think many people will be happy. The front sway bar is easy to get to. Just like the rear end.

Just like they have with the 966, Serpent will start to get back some consumers with the sedan. I think many racers will come over to the Serpent brand when they see this car. Talk about listening to the customer and then giving it a Michael Salven design twist. This car is insane. Wish they would have let me bring it back home.

DJ Apolaro
hey DJ, i heard you were pretty impressed with our little girly's speed, huh.

And she ain't ugly either
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #39
Tech Elite

I must say she was pretty fast. From her photos I though she was taller, but Sabrina is very short. She was cool and her dad also. Klaus if you read this email me. I have that stuff for you. I must say all of the out of towners got along well. It was very nice to hang out with everyone. I really did not know what to expect.

DJ Apolaro
Old 06-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey DJ what's up congrats on 2nd in your race at Turkey. From the pic I saw that diffs look very small. Cool I hope they will still offer the oneway solid also. Did you run heavy oil in the front diff.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM BROOKLYN View Post
I cant wait to get to mine ! i have signed up for the nats to run touring and 1/8th .

Richard Siriano
brooklynhobbies.com
serpent america
Yeah Richie, all in on the Serpent tip. You know the Lambre' Bros. approve of the local support! Serpent for life!
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

From what I can see I think I'm going to like the new geometry. No more angled hinge pin mounts, traditional rear up rights and the aluminum bulkheads look pretty cool.

I really like the radio tray, it's going to make clean up a breeze. The whole car looks very open and lightweight. Wonder what options they will have for adding weight if needed
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow View Post

good luck
That front bumper looks so pretty!!!!
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #44
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
I must say she was pretty fast. From her photos I though she was taller, but Sabrina is very short. She was cool and her dad also. Klaus if you read this email me. I have that stuff for you. I must say all of the out of towners got along well. It was very nice to hang out with everyone. I really did not know what to expect.

DJ Apolaro
Klaus is no the internet guy
PM me your e-mail address and I will forward it to him.

You can also go on our website, go to Mitglieder (members) and the you'll find Klaus' and Sabrina's e-mail addy next to their pictures.

www.scuderia-fun-and-drive.com

Btw, was this your first trip to Europe? You seem to be surprised that this part of the world is civilized as well
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Thanks for the information for Klaus. Michael also just gave it to me. Yes this was my first time out of the US for racing. Sorry if I gave the impression that other areas are not civilized, it was just all very new to me. I had a great time and learned a lot at this race. Tell Klaus I will be sending an email, as I need his address to send him something.

DJ Apolaro