Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring >

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 AM
  #3931  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
I had my 733 Evo 1680gr last year.(with 2 low profile servos, receiver box, on off switch)
I think I can shave off 10 grams with the new engine Im going to use. Other than that, if I can find/produce some aluminum driveshafts and a hollow mid shaft it will be another -15gr.

Front spool of Serpent is 20gr, while Xray has a 10gr spool, which is a lot of difference.

I compared the main chassis+motor mount weight of 733 compared to NT1. 733 was 30 grams heavier.

If we cut the chassis as it has holes in the middle and front, produce an aluminum solid axle, driveshafts and hollow mid shaft, remove receiver box and on off switch, and use titanium screws as much as we can, it will be below 1600.

And I use life battery which is 77gr, I know some people that use 800mah small lipo with regulator to reduce the weight even more... But those are all static weight which is already located low on the car, I dont think it will change the performance so much. Same goes to receiver box and on off switch, and chassis.

I agree. A lot of weight can be lost in the stock 3.2mm chassis. The 733 chassis with no bottom cut-out for the battery puts the 733 chassis almost 25-30 grams heavier than a Mugen Mtx4 4mm chassis. When running just two diff gears front and rear and my lightest engine and a 40 gram 800mah lipo battery "no regullator" I got mine down to 1716 grams.
There 's got to be more to the story of why the EFRA reduced the minimum weight to 1550gr than what just meets the eye

Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 AM
  #3932  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I agree. A lot of weight can be lost in the stock 3.2mm chassis. The 733 chassis with no bottom cut-out for the battery puts the 733 chassis almost 25-30 grams heavier than a Mugen Mtx4 4mm chassis. When running just two diff gears front and rear and my lightest engine and a 40 gram 800mah lipo battery "no regullator" I got mine down to 1716 grams.
There 's got to be more to the story of why the EFRA reduced the minimum weight to 1550gr than what just meets the eye

Pass you soon...
New technology, more efficient designs makes for lighter cars. I think it was time for a change.
quietstorm76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM
  #3933  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
New technology, more efficient designs makes for lighter cars. I think it was time for a change.
I agree. That more efficient designs will yield a lighter car. But that does not explain the reasoning for the lower minimum weight. In my opinion, I think the ERFA has taken the first steps in attempt to scale back the power and noise of nitro onroad cars. I think ERFA goal is to have a lighter car + a less powerful engine = Less noise = a more green hobby. But you have to convince the engine manufacturers to buy into this concept also.
You never know; with the new weight limits they might change the rules and reduce 1/10 engine to only .10cc and 1/8 scale would go .15cc engines.

Ask yourself this question. WHY DOES THE EFRA WANT A LIGHTER CAR????


Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 12-07-2011 at 08:38 AM.
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:05 AM
  #3934  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I agree. That more efficient designs will yield a lighter car. But that does not explain the reasoning for the lower minimum weight. In my opinion I think the ERFA has taken the first steps in attempt to scale back the power and noise of nitro onroad cars. I think ERFA goal is to have a lighter car + a less powerful engine = Less noise = a more green hobby. But you have to convince the engine manufacturers to buy into this concept also.
You never know; with the new weight limits they might change the rules and reduce 1/10 engine to only .10cc and 1/8 scale would go .15cc engines.

Ask yourself this question. WHY DOES THE EFRA WANT A LIGHTER CAR????


Pass you soon...
Good points and I agree. I still don't rule out pressure from manufactures and racers that are asking for the lower weight limits. My current 8th scale has 85 grams of added weight just to reach 10g above minimum. I wish i could run my car out the box with out the weight because for me it was faster. But you are right, lighter car takes less power. Restrict the engines, kill some noise levels, but maintain current speed. But since we don't fall under EFRA rules I only see a performance benefit with the lower weight.
quietstorm76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:37 AM
  #3935  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Good points and I agree. I still don't rule out pressure from manufactures and racers that are asking for the lower weight limits. My current 8th scale has 85 grams of added weight just to reach 10g above minimum. I wish i could run my car out the box with out the weight because for me it was faster. But you are right, lighter car takes less power. Restrict the engines, kill some noise levels, but maintain current speed. But since we don't fall under EFRA rules I only see a performance benefit with the lower weight.
The car you drive is extremely light( no free advertizement). I teched one @ the GLC in Toledo. He said he added almost 50 grams to get 5 grams over.
I can understand if this rule change was pushed from the car manufactures; If so, I believe this should have been proposed to IFMAR not EFRA. Gotta get back to work.


Pass you soon...

Last edited by lil-bump; 12-07-2011 at 08:47 AM.
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
  #3936  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,629
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Difference between Evo and TE

Other than the SL6, new fuel tank cap and side stiffener, what else does the TE have that the Evo doesn't?
YR4Dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:11 PM
  #3937  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

I don't believe the evo came with the connectors for the rear bulkheads and or the three pin brake pulley. I'm not sure what else change other than what has been already listed. I will start my build of the 733 TE in about a week or so.


Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:17 PM
  #3938  
Les
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rias5037 View Post
Over the weekend i went through three 1st gears(61t), what i noticed on the 1st pinion(16t) is that the teeth on pinion goes into the spur like the tip of a triangle whereas the spur(X marking) looks like it should accept a pinion that has almost like a squared off tip, any1 know what i mean and could this be the cause of my 1st striping all the time?
Yes I have experienced notchy gear mesh when using 16T pinion I think from memory the pinion was Zeppin brand not sure if Serpent gear does the same, however spur didnt strip.
Les is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
  #3939  
Tech Adept
 
and23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Italy
Posts: 122
Default Optionals 733

Do know you if 2-speed shaft SL6 light and shaft middle light are available?

Thanks
and23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:24 PM
  #3940  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (44)
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,629
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I don't believe the evo came with the connectors for the rear bulkheads and or the three pin brake pulley. I'm not sure what else change other than what has been already listed. I will start my build of the 733 TE in about a week or so.


Pass you soon...
What are the connectors you talk about?
YR4Dude is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
  #3941  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YR4Dude View Post
What are the connectors you talk about?
These
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-image.jpg  
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
  #3942  
Suspended
iTrader: (16)
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I have been MIA for a while
And I'm starting to get that itch again
I had a 733 when I left rc and now I see
A lot of guys went to the lab co1
What's going on is the 733 still a good
Car and what has changed
It's been about 2years so I need
Some input
rcpaintinpete is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:12 PM
  #3943  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by and23 View Post
Do know you if 2-speed shaft SL6 light and shaft middle light are available?

Thanks
I would look at the CSO stuff. I believe they offer a light weight shaft for the 733. But I have not seen a light weight SL6 shaft.


Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:15 PM
  #3944  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,995
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
Hey guys I have been MIA for a while
And I'm starting to get that itch again
I had a 733 when I left rc and now I see
A lot of guys went to the lab co1
What's going on is the 733 still a good
Car and what has changed
It's been about 2years so I need
Some input
The newest version is the 733TE. Still a good car. IMHO


Pass you soon...
lil-bump is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 AM
  #3945  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Default

Hello

what are the connectors for ? #804228, Connectorset rear 733 (2+2)
JamesUK is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service