R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #3676
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy733 View Post
thanks for yhe reply.have already used the v1 mounts and the 966 pivot balls to great success (thanks patto). by using the dls brackets on the lower arms it gives you that 2-3mm on the lower shock position.also trying V10 axles in the front to give a little bit more tuning options due to the xtra shimming on the axle similiar to the 966
V10 axles, interesting!!! I'll have to look into that. I'm going to try the DLS brackets, what I'm using now were custom made by another racer and the angle is different.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #3677
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie0125 View Post
dls bracket use in the front or rear?
Rear lower arm
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #3678
Tech Addict
 
liteweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

guys anyone could tell me or link for starting setup for 733
thanks
__________________
John's Mobile R/C Raceway outdoor racing
"The New Coliseum Carpet Track"
"MRH" Carpet racing
"Xray T3 2012"
liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #3679
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteweight View Post
guys anyone could tell me or link for starting setup for 733
thanks

Box setup is good with 37f/40r tires. Tune from there.

http://www.serpent.com/product/804000/setups/
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #3680
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
V10 axles, interesting!!! I'll have to look into that. I'm going to try the DLS brackets, what I'm using now were custom made by another racer and the angle is different.
hi mate, when using the dls brackets mount them so that you can add another fixing point into the plastic of the lower arm where the shock mounts to.To use the v10 axles you have to buy the front and rear hubs (uprights) and mount them on the car to make it work
andy733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #3681
Les
Tech Addict
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy733 View Post
hi mate, when using the dls brackets mount them so that you can add another fixing point into the plastic of the lower arm where the shock mounts to.To use the v10 axles you have to buy the front and rear hubs (uprights) and mount them on the car to make it work
Hey Andy, R U getting much racing in it seems to be raining a lot over there

Cheers
__________________
Serpent S411 4.0 13.5T D4
Kyosho V-ONE S3, RB Rota-Start
Sanwa MT4S
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #3682
Tech Master
 
SMcpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,237
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Exclamation

Hey fellas,

I figure that at least a few of you in this thread have had a 710 at some point (probably a helluva long time ago!) If any of you still have unused belts, pulleys, spurs, pinions, and especially gear diff cases, kicking around, I'd like to take them off your hands. Please PM me with anything you might have.
SMcpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #3683
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hey Andy, R U getting much racing in it seems to be raining a lot over there

Cheers
les the only racing i have done of late is leaves in the local creek as it has rained every race day.hopefully next weekend if we have enough numbers in 1/10th.what about yourself?
andy733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #3684
Les
Tech Addict
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy733 View Post
les the only racing i have done of late is leaves in the local creek as it has rained every race day.hopefully next weekend if we have enough numbers in 1/10th.what about yourself?
Arrived Qld 18/05 raced Brendale (Awsome Track) 22/05 and racing this Sunday 24Deg/ Sunny, does rain a little bit but it seems to dry out in 5 minutes over here

Hope you have better luck next meeting

PS.. R U coming over for the QLD State Titles.

Cheers
__________________
Serpent S411 4.0 13.5T D4
Kyosho V-ONE S3, RB Rota-Start
Sanwa MT4S
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #3685
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Arrived Qld 18/05 raced Brendale (Awsome Track) 22/05 and racing this Sunday 24Deg/ Sunny, does rain a little bit but it seems to dry out in 5 minutes over here

Hope you have better luck next meeting

PS.. R U coming over for the QLD State Titles.

Cheers
lets hope the rain holds of this weekend in Bunbury ! be my first Nitro run since October last year cars are just about ready to go.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #3686
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Arrived Qld 18/05 raced Brendale (Awsome Track) 22/05 and racing this Sunday 24Deg/ Sunny, does rain a little bit but it seems to dry out in 5 minutes over here

Hope you have better luck next meeting

PS.. R U coming over for the QLD State Titles.

Cheers
sorry mate not luck there,can't even go to the nats this year.to patto hope it doesn't rain, best of luck at your state event.
andy733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:20 AM   #3687
Les
Tech Addict
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
lets hope the rain holds of this weekend in Bunbury ! be my first Nitro run since October last year cars are just about ready to go.
Should be all good maybe a light shower, good luck with your racing Patto in 1/10th & 1/8th

See you at the Qld States

Cheers
__________________
Serpent S411 4.0 13.5T D4
Kyosho V-ONE S3, RB Rota-Start
Sanwa MT4S
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #3688
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 367
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

hi guys,anybody had the luck of running the new gearbox yet? also anybody know when these parts will become available and how much?
andy733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #3689
Tech Adept
 
EEL Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 242
Default

Having issues with ride height & the Serpent springs
The local club track is for these 200mm pro cars like Monaco is to F1. The clubs even approved Lola bodies to make the track navigable
Running yellow springs on the rear, but have trouble getting enough ride height out of the rear otherwise damp is good spring rate is good
Can't quite get the ride height I want but the springs adjusters are on they're max. The car decks out over a couple of bumps up the straight which is degrading the trailing edge of the chassis and screws
Do Serpent make Yellow springs in 27mm length, or is this all normal and a chassis is an item that gets replaced every year and the screws every few races?
Did set my best race time though
__________________
Serpent 733TE / Reds M3T
LRP S8BX Team / Go MP5 7pt
Tamiya F104 Pro
EEL Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #3690
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEL Monster View Post
Having issues with ride height & the Serpent springs
The local club track is for these 200mm pro cars like Monaco is to F1. The clubs even approved Lola bodies to make the track navigable
Running yellow springs on the rear, but have trouble getting enough ride height out of the rear otherwise damp is good spring rate is good
Can't quite get the ride height I want but the springs adjusters are on they're max. The car decks out over a couple of bumps up the straight which is degrading the trailing edge of the chassis and screws
Do Serpent make Yellow springs in 27mm length, or is this all normal and a chassis is an item that gets replaced every year and the screws every few races?
Did set my best race time though
Run the long springs in the rear . Check your droop setting.
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net