R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #3586
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Steering Post & Top Deck

When i put on the top deck the steering post is touching the top deck. Its like it needs to be shimmed up 1mm. Did i put the post together wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks.

Edit Just figured it out the nut on the top of the post was not properly seated. Time to go to bed!
PaxsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #3587
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxsMan View Post
When i put on the top deck the steering post is touching the top deck. Its like it needs to be shimmed up 1mm. Did i put the post together wrong? Any ideas?
Thanks.

Edit Just figured it out the nut on the top of the post was not properly seated. Time to go to bed!
Dude thats what happen when you work on a snake in the late hours. Keep at it bcuz Marcos snake is biting

James
Travelg Amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #3588
Tech Addict
 
rc carnage's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 540
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi All

Can any one tell me what the difference would be if i run the DLS at 45.5mm or the 47.7mm on the cross bars.

Does running it at 45.5mm give more traction or does the 47.7mm or does it do something else

Whats your thoughts

JT
rc carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:49 AM   #3589
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

My 733 Evo package is on its way I'll start building hopefully tomorrow and make a little review of building process, after that I'm going to test the car at season opening race in Bumod track this weekend, it will be awesome!

Serpent 733 Evo
Capricorn Lab E01 WC, Novarossi 2652 Pipe/Xceed ZX12 Powerpack
Sav÷x SC1251MG servos
IP Li-fe battery 1450Mah
Xceed Audi A5, Cruzer V2
Xceed Tires Carbon rim/GRP tires
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 AM   #3590
Tech Rookie
 
foch78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
My 733 Evo package is on its way :.....and make a little review of building process,...
yes good idea.
__________________
Serpent 733
Futaba 3 PM 2,4 ghz
NOVAROSSI PLUS 12-3 ST
Meccamo
foch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #3591
Tech Regular
 
Manny Fresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: North Philly
Posts: 302
Default Question Gents?

I need to know if a Nova Rossi 2660 pipe and Nova Rossi 41619 manifold works together. The pipe says its "conical" and the manifold says "non conical".
__________________
Xray NT1
Blue Diamond RC
Manny Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #3592
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo12 View Post
I need to know if a Nova Rossi 2660 pipe and Nova Rossi 41619 manifold works together. The pipe says its "conical" and the manifold says "non conical".
Yes it should work.



I have built my car, in total it took about 12 hours of fun build. Other than composite parts being little too hard for screwing for the first time, car went together very well. Yesterday I tested it briefly and it works Today we have qualifiers and I will be focusing on setup mainly. Track is very low traction with lot of dust, so I think Dls will improve the handling a lot.
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #3593
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
Yes it should work.



I have built my car, in total it took about 12 hours of fun build. Other than composite parts being little too hard for screwing for the first time, car went together very well. Yesterday I tested it briefly and it works Today we have qualifiers and I will be focusing on setup mainly. Track is very low traction with lot of dust, so I think Dls will improve the handling a lot.
Do yourself a favor and buy a 3mm tap and a tap handle, if you pre-tap the holes on the plastic parts they will be stronger, and it will be easier to thread the bolts onto them. Its also a good idea to tap the holes in the aluminum parts when you're doing maintenace, it cleans out the old thread lock.

Make sure you get a High Speed Steel (HSS) tap, the cheap carbon ones wear out way too fast, and the carbide ones are too britle
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #3594
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 29
Default steeringblocks

Hi. A have trawlet around the web to find a deep and complete explanation on the different between the 1 dgr and 0 dgr steeringblocks. Is it only the caster or the is it the camber who is built inn these blocks.
It advance thanks.
speikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #3595
Tech Fanatic
 
Julius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Amsterdam Netherlands
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speikey View Post
Hi. A have trawlet around the web to find a deep and complete explanation on the different between the 1 dgr and 0 dgr steeringblocks. Is it only the caster or the is it the camber who is built inn these blocks.
It advance thanks.
It ia the inward lean of the kingpin line (the imaginary line connecting bothe pivot balls) which is different. The 1 degree blocks give a bit more steering but can make the car unstable dependant on the rest of the setup.
Something to try as it is somewhat driver feel related.
__________________
Team Serpent, Xceed, Sanwa, LRP
Julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:52 PM   #3596
Tech Addict
 
liteweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 740
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default 733 for sale

Anyone interested I'm selling my 733, it comes with some new and used parts
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...shed-body.html
__________________
John's Mobile R/C Raceway outdoor racing
"The New Coliseum Carpet Track"
"MRH" Carpet racing
"Xray T3 2012"
liteweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #3597
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy a 3mm tap and a tap handle, if you pre-tap the holes on the plastic parts they will be stronger, and it will be easier to thread the bolts onto them. Its also a good idea to tap the holes in the aluminum parts when you're doing maintenace, it cleans out the old thread lock.

Make sure you get a High Speed Steel (HSS) tap, the cheap carbon ones wear out way too fast, and the carbide ones are too britle
Thanks for the tips, I somehow built the car already two days ago, tested it on friday and saturday mostly tuning the clutch and 2-speed. On sunday I came first in one hour A Final with a 1 lap margin over 2nd place, so happy

By the way I didnt use any threadlock on the car. I think its not needed, maybe for motor mount screws but nothing else for my preference.

Track was very dusty and low traction, so we had hard time finding the right setup.

Other mods/changes I can mention,
-I cut a foam bumper from xray to half and made it fit to each side of the front bumper for extra safety.
-Used yellow clutch shoe instead of red
-used softer clutch spring
-Used EP car springs for maximum traction
-Made rear supports to the shocktower for preventing body from flexing under high speed(this was important)

My next race will be Turkish National 1st Round, I will use Xceed ZX12-DS4 engine and Xceed Carbon rim tires from now on.
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #3598
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 20
Default

the rear bulkhead v2 make any difrence. make the car faster or whit more traction?
georgie0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM   #3599
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

As far as I know with no braces it should be same, but if you are on high traction track, and want less flex, you will need the v2 bulkheads and braces.
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:11 AM   #3600
Tech Adept
 
gfilos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Greece
Posts: 230
Default

i am using the old bulkheads but i have replaced the plastic brace with a ball link so as to allow more side flex and it works really good on low to middle traction.
__________________
Serpent 720 09 mega zx 12 dsII+, Serpent 733 nova 353 tuned/sirio XXXV
Futaba, Graupner, Hudy, RB fuel
gfilos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net