R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-27-2011, 06:24 AM   #3556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
my old car ?
DLS needs more ride hieght than normal, guys need to realise this. the DLS will unload on bumps, or if you touch curbs. so a cleaner line, and less curb riding will show you the potential of the DLS.
I learned this a couple of races ago. The DLS hates bumpy tracks!
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #3557
Tech Adept

I had different experience. I was testing on a low grip medium-size track with some huge bumps and it was all day and night faster and more consistent with DLS even when the tires and rideheight was very low. I felt also when it starts sliding it is whole lot easier/faster to regain grip/control back on the car. IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
I learned this a couple of races ago. The DLS hates bumpy tracks!
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #3558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely View Post
I had different experience. I was testing on a low grip medium-size track with some huge bumps and it was all day and night faster and more consistent with DLS even when the tires and rideheight was very low. I felt also when it starts sliding it is whole lot easier/faster to regain grip/control back on the car. IMHO.
Don't get me wrong the car worked but it was edgy when I hit a bump.
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #3559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Don't get me wrong the car worked but it was edgy when I hit a bump.
my old man made a dls for the mugen and it works great on a bumpy track just dont use a one way with the dls on a bumpy track.
The_Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #3560
Tech Regular

Hi everyone,

I will be running 733 Evo for upcoming national series this year in Turkey along with Mega-Max power engines and Xceed Carbon rim tires.

I have heard about the car being little heavier than legal limit, so any suggestions for lightening up this beauty? I searched the internet a lot in order to find some manufacturers producing titanium screw kits, lightweight main and middle shafts, etc. but nothing came up. Did you guys find any? And anyone here used the plastic diff gears with success? I have a set made by capricorn, and it had no problem on lab c01 car.

I will be using Life pack and two low profile servos, Xceed A5, Chevy V2, and Protoform P56 bodies, Xceed INS box, and optional alum. chassis stiffner to complete.

Thanks!

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #3561
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
Hi everyone,

I will be running 733 Evo for upcoming national series this year in Turkey along with Mega-Max power engines and Xceed Carbon rim tires.

I have heard about the car being little heavier than legal limit, so any suggestions for lightening up this beauty? I searched the internet a lot in order to find some manufacturers producing titanium screw kits, lightweight main and middle shafts, etc. but nothing came up. Did you guys find any? And anyone here used the plastic diff gears with success? I have a set made by capricorn, and it had no problem on lab c01 car.

I will be using Life pack and two low profile servos, Xceed A5, Chevy V2, and Protoform P56 bodies, Xceed INS box, and optional alum. chassis stiffner to complete.

Thanks!
You should be very close to limit running the life pack. low profile servos, carbon wheels and light weight body (I am 5g over with these 4 items alone).

You can also look at CSO lightweight 2-speed shaft and lightweight brake disc.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #3562
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Serpent released parts !
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804228.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #3563
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
For the screws, you can buy for the mugen mtx4 the titanium kits T0809 and T0810 for 80% the 733 screw.
For the lightweight main and middle shafts, http://www.kd-racing.fr/titane-pour-p-344.html
Meccamo
foch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #3564
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Try kamikazercracing.com ronin parts lite wt titanium mid shaft
Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 AM   #3565
Tech Adept

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Look at post 1164
CIMRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #3566
Tech Adept

Hello,

Xceed has nice Titanium screw set for the 733 and also light geardiff set. I would use the original diff gears but with 1 shaft and 2 planetary gears only. You need to double the thickness of the oil you would use with original 4 gears setup in this case.

You can find Titanium shafts and alu wheelaxles here: http://www.tt-tuning.hu/
Ti Middle shaft
Ti 2-speed shaft
Alu CVD front axles
Alu rear axles
Alu Swaybar mounts

Hope this help,
Gergely

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 AM   #3567
Tech Regular

Thanks guys for so much options for me to choose from! Looks like I need to build my car first and weight it before buying any optionals. But it wont hurt having lightweight transmission and lower CoG on the car, so I may think adding some weight under the fuel tank.

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 AM   #3568
Tech Adept

Quote:
Thanks guys for so much options for me to choose from! Looks like I need to build my car first and weight it before buying any optionals. But it wont hurt having lightweight transmission and lower CoG on the car, so I may think adding some weight under the fuel tank.
take your time with the build of the car, there are some parts you have
to work on them before putting them in the car. For optionals, if you have
bought the evo, really i cant think of need for any optionals.. Only things i
have changed to my 733 is the rear belt to the 5mm belt (this is a must),
the pivot balls to better ones (from my 720), the ball joints (#903230) and
H suspension.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #3569
Tech Regular

Default Question gents?

What did you guys do to lighten up your cars? I know switch batteries any other suggestions. What about making the drive train smoother.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #3570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Smoother or lighter drive train. Cause this car already has a very smooth drive train.