R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #3211
Tech Champion
 
YR4Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,625
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by implusepro View Post
can someone post photos of how you hide all your wiring, mine is a mess
I just hide it all in the receiver box.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #3212
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Here you go...
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-pb201904.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-pb201905.jpg  
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #3213
Tech Rookie
 
foch78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default

I don't like the transponder under the tank because it is necessary to disassemble the radioplate for clean the tank. I put the transponder on a carbon plate attached to 2 holes located above the steering servo.

__________________
Serpent 733
Futaba 3 PM 2,4 ghz
NOVAROSSI PLUS 12-3 ST
Meccamo

Last edited by foch78; 11-20-2010 at 10:29 AM.
foch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:33 AM   #3214
Tech Regular
 
Cirrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Question about hitec servos

Do the stock 24t 733 servo horns (the ones on the parts tee) fit hitec servos? Reason is that I've tried them on my hitec servosand they seem a little loose. Is that ok or is there something wrong?
__________________
(",)
Cirrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM   #3215
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Yep, 24T is Hitec.
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #3216
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 733/DLS setup

I just got back from the US Open Champs @ Kissimmee R/c Raceway. Finished 5th in the A. Rear tire wear is just amazing with the DLS. after a 30 minute main, I only had a .8mm difference between L/R tire dia. Usually it 2-4mm difference.

Medium/High Traction/Fast/open layout
Chevy Cruze Body
Front:
WB long
198 width
1.5 camber
1.5 toe out
caster 5mm
Roll Ctr middle
1 hole piston/1000cst/purple spring/2nd hole
RH=5.5mm
40's tires

Rear:
WB 2mm short
200mm width
4 camber
3 toe-in
7mm shims on hub
Roll ctr bottom
2 hole piston/900cst/orange spring/3rd hole up
RH=6mm
40's tires
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #3217
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
I just got back from the US Open Champs @ Kissimmee R/c Raceway. Finished 5th in the A. Rear tire wear is just amazing with the DLS. after a 30 minute main, I only had a .8mm difference between L/R tire dia. Usually it 2-4mm difference.

Medium/High Traction/Fast/open layout
Chevy Cruze Body
Front:
WB long
198 width
1.5 camber
1.5 toe out
caster 5mm
Roll Ctr middle
1 hole piston/1000cst/purple spring/2nd hole
RH=5.5mm
40's tires

Rear:
WB 2mm short
200mm width
4 camber
3 toe-in
7mm shims on hub
Roll ctr bottom
2 hole piston/900cst/orange spring/3rd hole up
RH=6mm
40's tires
Congrats dude!

What diffs front and rear did you run?

7mm shims on hubs??
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #3218
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Congrats dude!

What diffs front and rear did you run?

7mm shims on hubs??
Thank man!

front 200K cst
Rear 20K cst (started with 50K then 30K and finally 20K)
No Rear Sway bar!!! No push

Meant 7mm on rear up-right for camber gain.

Very happy with the car. I think the DLS had alot to do with it. I didn't have a chance to run with the stock camber links
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:14 PM   #3219
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Thank man!

front 200K cst
Rear 20K cst (started with 50K then 30K and finally 20K)
No Rear Sway bar!!! No push

Meant 7mm on rear up-right for camber gain.

Very happy with the car. I think the DLS had alot to do with it. I didn't have a chance to run with the stock camber links
you really should also try with te narrow lower rear hingein brackets.
the DLS just transforms the car so much, and the way it wears tyres is something to get used to. wel done Storm.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #3220
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
you really should also try with te narrow lower rear hingein brackets.
the DLS just transforms the car so much, and the way it wears tyres is something to get used to. wel done Storm.
Thanx dude.

I've tried the narrow brackets but not with the DLS. What should I expect with the DLS? I tested the narrow on a parking lot track and couldn't really tell anything and I took them off. Any advice?
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #3221
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrc View Post
Do the stock 24t 733 servo horns (the ones on the parts tee) fit hitec servos? Reason is that I've tried them on my hitec servosand they seem a little loose. Is that ok or is there something wrong?
That's right kit included 24t servo horns for hitec but when it comes to Hitec metal servos, it doesn't fit..much loose and spin finally. only use for plastic geared Hitec servo.
nsho0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #3222
Tech Regular
 
Cirrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 304
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsho0l View Post
That's right kit included 24t servo horns for hitec but when it comes to Hitec metal servos, it doesn't fit..much loose and spin finally. only use for plastic geared Hitec servo.
Thanks!

I'm planning to use metal geared servos in my 733 (HS-5996TG for steering & HS-7965MG for throttle/brake). Guess that I'll have to mod the servo horns that come with these servos.
__________________
(",)
Cirrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #3223
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
Thanx dude.

I've tried the narrow brackets but not with the DLS. What should I expect with the DLS? I tested the narrow on a parking lot track and couldn't really tell anything and I took them off. Any advice?
even more stability. but i also used front and rear sway bar. PM me your email, and ill send you over what i found.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:10 AM   #3224
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
even more stability. but i also used front and rear sway bar. PM me your email, and ill send you over what i found.

ygpm
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #3225
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,963
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
ygpm
Good Job!
I'm going to keep my good eye on you


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net