R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-03-2010, 06:40 AM   #3196
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bxclip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
Congrats on the car. Would be out there but tooooo cold!
I hear you! It has got cold quick here. I'm just excited and want to finish breaking it in and finally drive it!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #3197
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CSO 20T Brake Disc holder
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-cso-ser-73331.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #3198
wee
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default new rear bulk head

hi guys,
can anyone tell me there is 2 nos of spacer we need for this new
bulk head, how come is not in the packing?
cos i got mine without it!
tks happy racing
wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:29 AM   #3199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That was a long read, likely worth it though if I decide I do want something newer to run next year than my current mtx4r.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #3200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
That was a long read, likely worth it though if I decide I do want something newer to run next year than my current mtx4r.
Bishop,

Great car, I have just bought my second kit (coming from the guy that has owned MTX-4R, Velox V10, Xray NT1, Evo 2 etc )

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 AM   #3201
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Bishop,

Great car, I have just bought my second kit (coming from the guy that has owned MTX-4R, Velox V10, Xray NT1, Evo 2 etc )
SERPENT RULZ...........

Nova, just got back from Bunno. and Bishop......
i am badly sunburnt
but the 733 is on fire. i completely changed teh car from what i normally run at Bunbury. Front bar went back on, DLS on, and Narrow rear brackets on.
i ran the grounded 1.1mm rear swaybar, long wheelbase at rear, and the 2 mark front bar. Long red rear springs, and front orange springs. ran the Chevy body, the car is amazing. tire wear is really strange with the DLS at the rear. it sort of doesnt know where to wear the Foam, and you can see some strange wear in the Middle of the rear tyres. some small changes i made early just to get things to work on a slippery track. i weird day on saturday, and i fialed to make run time first 2 of the 4 runs. with a consistancy of 0.10 was a personal best for me. i managed a fast run in the end, but still was 3 seconds slower than i had done before. so Today, i went over the car, and made sure everything was 100%, i saved tires for the last Qualy, but practice, the car felt really good. so i put on my best tyres, and the times came. seems so strange to struggle to make 18 laps with run time, but this morning, was a record run, 19 laps in 5 mins 11. and i had some fuel to spare (not Much) lol. so first of 3 finals, 2 x 5 mins, then a 20 min final. first final, i bettered that time by 4 seconds, and set 3 new lap records in this run. firstly down to 16.08, then 16.02 , then 15.87 and finally 15.830. First time ever a nitro tourer has done 19 laps, and officially (my previous unofficial time of 15.995) that a tourer has broken the 16 sec barrier.
the car was just a dream to drive. then came the 20 min final. i went harder tires, and staggered for tire wear. but my times were just as good, with a 16.04 best. but i do believe some more testing for longer finals will be needed. the car was good for 13 mins of the final, then went down hill. im not sure if the DLS needed more ride hieght for a longer final, or wether it wasnt enough to start with. but im sure on tracks where tyre wear isnt HUGE, it wouldnt be a problem. but first run out with the DLS, it is a huge change to the car, but the feel of driving it isnt any different, just get used to how the tyres will wear.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #3202
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
SERPENT RULZ...........

Nova, just got back from Bunno. and Bishop......
i am badly sunburnt
but the 733 is on fire. i completely changed teh car from what i normally run at Bunbury. Front bar went back on, DLS on, and Narrow rear brackets on.
i ran the grounded 1.1mm rear swaybar, long wheelbase at rear, and the 2 mark front bar. Long red rear springs, and front orange springs. ran the Chevy body, the car is amazing. tire wear is really strange with the DLS at the rear. it sort of doesnt know where to wear the Foam, and you can see some strange wear in the Middle of the rear tyres. some small changes i made early just to get things to work on a slippery track. i weird day on saturday, and i fialed to make run time first 2 of the 4 runs. with a consistancy of 0.10 was a personal best for me. i managed a fast run in the end, but still was 3 seconds slower than i had done before. so Today, i went over the car, and made sure everything was 100%, i saved tires for the last Qualy, but practice, the car felt really good. so i put on my best tyres, and the times came. seems so strange to struggle to make 18 laps with run time, but this morning, was a record run, 19 laps in 5 mins 11. and i had some fuel to spare (not Much) lol. so first of 3 finals, 2 x 5 mins, then a 20 min final. first final, i bettered that time by 4 seconds, and set 3 new lap records in this run. firstly down to 16.08, then 16.02 , then 15.87 and finally 15.830. First time ever a nitro tourer has done 19 laps, and officially (my previous unofficial time of 15.995) that a tourer has broken the 16 sec barrier.
the car was just a dream to drive. then came the 20 min final. i went harder tires, and staggered for tire wear. but my times were just as good, with a 16.04 best. but i do believe some more testing for longer finals will be needed. the car was good for 13 mins of the final, then went down hill. im not sure if the DLS needed more ride hieght for a longer final, or wether it wasnt enough to start with. but im sure on tracks where tyre wear isnt HUGE, it wouldnt be a problem. but first run out with the DLS, it is a huge change to the car, but the feel of driving it isnt any different, just get used to how the tyres will wear.
good stuff patto...

did you try the dls without the narrow rear blocks? or did you try the narrow rear blocks without the dls? also, with the dls, how much harder rear tires were you able to run?

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #3203
Tech Elite

Quote:
good stuff patto...

did you try the dls without the narrow rear blocks? or did you try the narrow rear blocks without the dls? also, with the dls, how much harder rear tires were you able to run?
i wouldnt go with the idea it will provide so much more grip at the rear to run harder tyres. what i did notice is the overall stability of the car improved in leaps and bounds
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 11-08-2010, 04:04 AM   #3204
Tech Elite

Quote:
good stuff patto...

Nova, un fortunately i dont race that often. so i cant chop and change things. its like a 2 hr drive then 2 back. so i go down with an idea of what i want to do, but never get a chance to try everything. so to answer your question, i didnt try it with out the Narrow plates, nor with out the swaybar, or narrow with out the DLS. i worked on getting what i had an idea on that would work , to work. and i must say it definately worked. i had #3 front bar on to start with, and in practice, i soon realised it wouldnt work. so i went straight to the #2 front bar. and some small camber changes and caster. i made enough change to the car before i went down, i normally dont run a front bar as you know, and never run the narrow plates before, nor the DLS. but i would imagine the DLS with Narrow plates is what changed the car so dramatically. along with the front bar back on. just to compare, no bar i run purple front springs. with the Bar, i had to drop to a orange front spring, and i normally ran same or harder front shore tires. wit the frant bar on, and orange springs, DLS, and Narrow plates, i ran 35 F and 37R .but the high tyre wear at bunbury will see in about 7 mins a loss of split. so with this setup change, the car lasted another 7 mins roughly before it felt it lost split. so the DLS works in that regard. im sure at Moorbank, that will not be an issue.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #3205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Anyone tried the version 2 bulkheads and Mono engine block. Is it a weight savings? How does the car feel with a more rigid rear end?

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #3206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee View Post
hi guys,
can anyone tell me there is 2 nos of spacer we need for this new
bulk head, how come is not in the packing?
cos i got mine without it!
tks happy racing
Interesting??? I have no clue????

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #3207
wee
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Anyone tried the version 2 bulkheads and Mono engine block. Is it a weight savings? How does the car feel with a more rigid rear end?

Pass you soon...
well i try my car with dls system on, it gives the car rear end grid.
after installing the v2 bulk head, i found out that it makes slide a bit,
which makes turning corner easiler.
i run harder rear and a softer front tyre but now i can run same tyre shore,
dont knowis good or bad. as you know longer mains we need harder rear
thats all i got to say

happy racing