R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #3151
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Anyone tested standard and optional narrow rear plate? What do you think?
What rear plate?
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #3152
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
What rear plate?
http://www.serpent.com/product/804133
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #3153
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,845
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Interesting
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #3154
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Interesting
yes, been around since the car was released. I know some of the previous 733 drivers used them. No where on the setup sheets specifies what plate your using. I wonder what the team drivers think?
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 AM   #3155
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 39
Default

What battery is best for the 733 balance-wise?
I can imagine there is an optimum in battery weight to have a perfect left-right balance in the car.

Anyone has news on a 2011 version of the 733?
ma_RC_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 AM   #3156
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_RC_el View Post
What battery is best for the 733 balance-wise?
I can imagine there is an optimum in battery weight to have a perfect left-right balance in the car.

Anyone has news on a 2011 version of the 733?
i use the LiFe pack 1450mah. car is well balanced with this battery.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #3157
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Anyone tested standard and optional narrow rear plate? What do you think?
I've tried the narrow before. It basically gives you a long rear arm and it changes your shock angle. Your track width will be about 3mm narrow without any changes to current setup. When you widen it back out be careful as the pillow balls will have less thread in the arm. I used 8th scale pillow balls cause they are longer. More traction overall, but you will feel the difference.
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:16 PM   #3158
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,083
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietstorm76 View Post
I've tried the narrow before. It basically gives you a long rear arm and it changes your shock angle. Your track width will be about 3mm narrow without any changes to current setup. When you widen it back out be careful as the pillow balls will have less thread in the arm. I used 8th scale pillow balls cause they are longer. More traction overall, but you will feel the difference.
excellent, thanks
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Ielasi Tuned Novarossi | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix |

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #3159
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 21
Default

I'v read inthis thread dls has to much rear bite for us tracks not alowing car to rotate quickly I was wondering if dls would work good for parking lot club racing tryin to deside which car I want to get lab-co1 or 733 anyone driven both for a good comparison both very inviting.
mxfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 PM   #3160
Tech Elite
 
quietstorm76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,265
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
i use the LiFe pack 1450mah. car is well balanced with this battery.
+1
__________________
Team Shepherd USA:Nugget's Ranch Raceway
Primary Weapon: ?
Secondary Weapon: ?
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #3161
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

im having a hard time to work out how to use the rear sway bar along with the DLS, and short rear end. ? swaybar binds using the outer hole like the maual, or pictures say. and the arm of the swaybar hits the 1st spur. needs to be on the inside hole as far as i can see. and also using the Narrow brackets for lower hinge pins. Cheers for any Help .
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #3162
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

You have to put the ball side of the linkage on the other side of the graphite piece. Away from the gear side. All of us that used the DLS and the sway bar had no issues. Although I will say we did not use the lower pins narrow. Maybe that is another issue, not sure.

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 AM   #3163
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
You have to put the ball side of the linkage on the other side of the graphite piece. Away from the gear side. All of us that used the DLS and the sway bar had no issues. Although I will say we did not use the lower pins narrow. Maybe that is another issue, not sure.

DJ Apolaro
Thanks DJ, i just got it all back together now, guess ill have another go

just all the pics i have seen has the bar on the front side of the lower arm.

Thanks again, Regards, Patto.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 AM   #3164
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Thanks DJ, i just got it all back together now, guess ill have another go

just all the pics i have seen has the bar on the front side of the lower arm.

Thanks again, Regards, Patto.
Pattojnr, please, could you send pics of your DLS and sway bar. I had the same issues and I quit using the sway bar. Thanks.
Torrano
Torranojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #3165
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torranojr View Post
Pattojnr, please, could you send pics of your DLS and sway bar. I had the same issues and I quit using the sway bar. Thanks.
Torrano
ok i just found this, as i tried to fit the linkage for the roll bar on the inner side away from the Spurs, but nothing fits. what i can see here, is a set screw on the outer lower hole, to prevent the carbon plate from moving, and use a screw from the back side of the arm , and use the inner hole for the roll bar linkage, on the forward facing side of the A arm. i am about to try this now.

http://teamserpent.com/2010/09/serpe...set-up-salven/
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCMC 1/8, 1/10 Gas Singapore National Series round 3, 23 AUG 2009 backplate Singapore R/C Racers 47 08-27-2009 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:17 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net